how rare is it for an afa figure to come loose? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : how rare is it for an afa figure to come loose?

bison25
06-12-2004, 06:20 PM
i was wondering really doesnt have to be afa graded but that makes it even more unlikely, that the older carded figures seals break around the figure? is that the eventuality of all of these moc figures or just some? how often have people seen this happen etc? also i was wondering about this auction, i tried to post on it before but the board wouldnt work...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5902312392&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

notice it says series 3 , 1984 etc etc, like this is a 1986 production of storm shadow , why did afa mark it 1984 series 3? shouldnt it have been marked 1986 series 5 or whatever?

Navajo
06-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Yet another reason to be wary of AFA. If they're the "authority" why wouldn't they put a different year?

Crimson Viper Commander
06-12-2004, 07:19 PM
They go by the year the figure was originally released. The same way Yojoe has their figures listed. Stormy was originally released in 1984 so thats what its graded as. The fact that it was available for a few years after that is not taken into consideration.

bison25
06-14-2004, 02:16 PM
i would really appreciate if some of the serious collectors could tell me and whoever else would like to know, how often do you have a piece in your collection that is sealed and you look at it 6 months later and you're starting to see light lifting of the bubble on it? i have some figures that have been rock solid sealed, but i am noticing some are not that way, i am really wondering what some other peoples experiences are with this...