Explosion back File Cards Question [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Explosion back File Cards Question

JoeToyFan
06-07-2012, 01:01 AM
I just picked up an Awesome haul of about 70+ full uncut cardbacks.

I got several Night Force full cardbacks, all the python patrol, Crimson Guard, Bazooka, Alpine, Ripcord x5, Short Fuze x5, Rock and Roll v1 x5, Snake Eyes v1 x6, Breaker x4, Cobra Soldier and Officer x4 each, Flash, Snake eyes 1985 x4, Cobra Commander v1 x4, All the Dreadnoks, and many many other.

I am very excited because about 95% of the artwork is intact. It looks like some kid in the 1980's took an X-Acto knife and cut the bubble off without ripping the artwork. So far my fav's are all the v1 CC, the 1982 figures, Ripcord, Shipwreck, Crimson Guard etc. Another cool thing is the file cards are unpunched. They still have the hang tab intact.

My question is my Cobra Commander cardbacks have explosions on the back that say Coming Soon. I thought these explosion backs were in 1987 not 1983.

keg_daddy
06-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Do all 4 Cobra Commanders have an explosion back? If you are looking to trade/sell I'm interested in one of them!

Explosion backs were in both 1983 and 1987. All 1982 figures and Cobra Commander came in explosion back form.

There are also explosion backs of Doc, Gung-Ho, Snow Job, and Airborne (I am guessing on Airborne because I haven't seen that one). A seller on here had three of those four for sale awhile back. I believe those last four were not released to the public. There are also explosion backs of Jinx and Chuckles but I don't think those were released to the public, either.

PJDonnell
06-07-2012, 10:10 AM
More info here: YOJOE.COM | Cardback Archive (http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/)

JoeToyFan
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Do all 4 Cobra Commanders have an explosion back? If you are looking to trade/sell I'm interested in one of them!

Explosion backs were in both 1983 and 1987. All 1982 figures and Cobra Commander came in explosion back form.

There are also explosion backs of Doc, Gung-Ho, Snow Job, and Airborne (I am guessing on Airborne because I haven't seen that one). A seller on here had three of those four for sale awhile back. I believe those last four were not released to the public. There are also explosion backs of Jinx and Chuckles but I don't think those were released to the public, either.

More info here: YOJOE.COM | Cardback Archive (http://www.yojoe.com/cardback/explosion/)

Thanks keg_daddy and PJDonnell for your input. keg_daddy, yes all 4 have the expolsion back. If I decide to part with the CC full cardbacks, I will contact you.