new 6 pack lineups revealed? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : new 6 pack lineups revealed?

BIGFAN
06-21-2004, 12:18 AM
anti venom lineup possibilities!

sgt lifeline (repainted stretcher)
roadblock
mutt junk
duke
charbroil
barricade

urban 6 pack

alley viper
night creeper
storm shadow
firefly
scrap iron
nullifier(flak viper?)

so far i like the new characters...duke and roadblock werent necessary but the rest are welcome changes from the norm!

curmudgeon
06-21-2004, 12:24 AM
anti venom lineup a guess or did you hear this somewhere?

lifeline, mutt and charbroil would be cool (especially charbroil), duke and roadblock I guess we could all do without another version of, and barricade I never really cared for.

Maybe they could release 6 variations of repainted deep six v1...that hulking suit sure would keep him safe from venom ;)

Prozac
06-21-2004, 04:35 AM
Roadblock (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905507104&rd=1)

Lifeline (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905507116&rd=1)

Duke (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905507069&rd=1)

Mutt (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905507082&rd=1)

Barricade (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905507037&rd=1)

Charbroil (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5905507041&rd=1)

Xerofall
06-21-2004, 04:43 AM
A new Duke! What a surprise. :rolleyes:

But...

I like these figures better than the new ones.

Charbroil needs a different hose. I remember having the original one and that hose never really worked.

the joe bandit
06-21-2004, 06:56 AM
I am actually excited about the Duke/Roadblock as we have not seen them for a while in the RAH style. Seeing as I dont care for the new-sculpt, I am very excited about this possibility!

dockingbay97
06-21-2004, 07:03 AM
I kind of like these and their Steel Brigade-ish helmets.

joeboy75
06-21-2004, 07:07 AM
I think they are really nice. I even like the Roadblock since it's not the v1 mold. Well, I see now where the Steel Brigade fits in. Wish they wouldn't have changed Charbroils helmet though. But this isn't that bad. Interesting and definately nicer than the NF set.

the joe bandit
06-21-2004, 07:21 AM
Wait a minute, what are those accessories? Those arent bad at all. Of course they could have been original (and they could still chang) but they look porportional and make sense. Unlike a Short-Fuze with no mortar, these seem to fit. The only ezception would be Lifeline's sled. But it seems like an A effort on the accessories!

msv
06-21-2004, 07:33 AM
They would make great greenshirts.

flash70
06-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Hasbro has come thru again with cool figs!!!! :cool:

curmudgeon
06-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Ah, very cool. I especially like how those colors look on Mutt, although his face looks a little tweaked. I really like this set, definitely going to pick it up smile.gif

CobraLaLaLarry
06-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Oh my God, these look really cool! I even like the Duke, and I thought I had been eternally Over-Duked!

Deogg
06-21-2004, 08:30 AM
Three words:

This. Set. Rules.

The removable SB helmets are a rocking touch.

Now, THERE is a Duke I can handle seeing!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Hasbro has come thru again with cool figs!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Hasbro comes out with regular release figs this good (after teh Warhammer and Thunderwing), THEN I'll be a happy camper!

yojoeshow
06-21-2004, 08:53 AM
We finally get a Lifeline! :D :D :D :D

BIG BUFF
06-21-2004, 09:03 AM
MUTT and BARICADE make this set worth purchasing but I will be trading off the rest. Another stupid Roadblock and the scrawny looking Duke V1 as well as Charbroil will be traded off so if you want them they will be traded when the set is released.

james strickland
06-21-2004, 09:24 AM
cool figs

yo-man2
06-21-2004, 09:50 AM
this set leaves night force out in the dark

Lightsworn
06-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Wasn't a similarly colored prototype with an actual Steel Brigade head posted recently? Perhaps that figure will be this fall's mail-in or a driver to fit with the Anti-Venom theme.

Eric Leavitt
06-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Yes those figures rock. They have the correct accesories assuming those aren't mock-ups.

Plus, they are nice advance on original figures with a new concept.

Additionally, the color scheme is fantastic. It is realistic and unified for the entire team. A 'steel brigade' Venom Trooper would be fantastic.

This set makes me enjoy my A Real American Hero collection more and more each day; I almost want to dump all of my G.I.Joe versus Cobra, Spytroops and Valor versus Venom stuff.

[ June 21, 2004: Message edited by: Eric Leavitt ]

Patrick A. Riley
06-21-2004, 11:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by joeboy75:
Wish they wouldn't have changed Charbroils helmet though.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they changed it because the original didn't fit his head all that well IMO. Maybe if they used the softer plastic the original would fit

scrubber
06-21-2004, 12:27 PM
well, i must say i was expecting more than Hasbro has been offering as of late. i mean
who in the world really needs another repaint of Duke or Roadblock?!? i understand they are staples from the old line and most collectors like them, i myself have always liked the different Roadblock's from the RAH line. like one of the guys said previously, Charbroil, Barricade & Lifeline (Stretcher) are total throwaways. i mean what if Hasbro would have spent their time & resources on a repaint of a figure like Hit N Run, or dozens of other worthwhile figures for the Anti-Venom set, it could have been a tremendous set of repaints. oh, yes i do like the paint scheme, just not the choice of figures. oh well, i have heard there is going to possible be a TRU Desert Strike Force set coming out later this year (likely the 4th Quarter, for Xmas sales.), maybe that set will be better. :rolleyes:

acmirro
06-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Looks good to me! I especially like Barricade!

The others are pretty cool, as well. Im not crazy about Duke in general, but I'll deal with that.

Im am elated that they used that version of Roadblock instead of the post steroids version.

Lifeline, I am a little dissapointed in, but thats no big deal.

Gemini Matrix
06-21-2004, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dockingbay97:
I kind of like these and their Steel Brigade-ish helmets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. Definitely giving me army building ideas. :D

Gemini Matrix
06-21-2004, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by msv:
They would make great greenshirts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I always liked the way the Steel Brigade had different body types. This sets adds to that plus it still has the generic Steel Brigade helment. I'm just curious to know why Lifeline has no helment? Wonder why they went with the old Stretcher head instead of the one they used a few years back with the same Stretcher body?

wacker23
06-21-2004, 01:11 PM
they are nice but i hope they fix the faces up and dont give the cheap looking paint that on their armslike the figures on night force got..i dont like lifeline too much i hope he comes out better

wacker23
06-21-2004, 01:12 PM
anyone got pics of the urban set?

Redmao
06-21-2004, 01:24 PM
these are really cool!

crimsonhawk
06-21-2004, 03:29 PM
Not bad, I'm excited about the mutt & junk repaint. I love the helmets.

Are those the final colors?

Lt. Royal
06-21-2004, 04:22 PM
I bought a couple of night force sets and have extra bodies...I will now add duke to my night force along with a few others.

I think it is a cool set.

I have expanded my night force and I have spirit and snake eyes as well as lt. falcon in it....very cool. just did a a few parts swap and they look good.

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-21-2004, 06:57 PM
I really like the Barricade. he could be a Steel Brigade unto himself, and he just might be. I had some custom greenshirts I might end up Ebaying now in favor of the Barricade from this set.

Flash
06-21-2004, 09:02 PM
its nice to see Duke get his old body back.
I don't really care for the newer versions

and it Looks like lifeline borrowed stretchers body.

publicenemy
06-21-2004, 09:21 PM
i like these figures. will go good in the joe line. can't wait until i get my hnads on them

themoney75
06-21-2004, 09:38 PM
any ship date on the packs?

The Faceless Master
06-21-2004, 09:56 PM
WOW!! The Steel Brigade theme is pretty awesome. The color scheme surprisingly works too!! Like a few of you who posted, I am planning to most likely army build these as Steel Brigade troopers. Man am I excited about this set!!

- Duke surprisingly looks great,
- Roadblock I am glad Hasbro used this mould instead of his scrawny one,
- Mutt I agree looks a little strange,
- Charbroil is mediocre at best,
- Lifeline formerly known as stretcher is kinda bland,
- Barricade looks awesome with the helmet on, but he looks like Mr Bean when its off... tongue.gif

CobraLaLaLarry
06-22-2004, 03:38 PM
This may have been answered elsewhere, but has anyone confirmed that these are indeed the Anti-Venom figures? I've been on other message boards where they're speculating that these are from some Desert Force 6-pack, but I've never even heard of that. And while I'm at it, have there been any confirmed pics of the Ninja Clan 6 pack?

thebigzakbowski
06-22-2004, 05:23 PM
i like em all except lifeline

Hit & Run
06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
all ready have the urban strike force on preorder

all of my favorite figs are in the set

i am happy that a new life line is out. wish it was along the v1 body line

Gemini Matrix
06-22-2004, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CobraLaLaLarry:
This may have been answered elsewhere, but has anyone confirmed that these are indeed the Anti-Venom figures? I've been on other message boards where they're speculating that these are from some Desert Force 6-pack, but I've never even heard of that. And while I'm at it, have there been any confirmed pics of the Ninja Clan 6 pack?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do believe Eagle Eye confirmed that they were the Anti Venom set over at the Joe Sightings forum.

Gemini Matrix
06-22-2004, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
i like em all except lifeline<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My problem is that it seems he doesn't come with a Steel Brigade helment. Especially for use that have ideas to army build the set. Sure maybe the helment won't fit the noggin that is with that particular sculpt but why not use something else then?

zartan74
06-23-2004, 04:08 PM
I like the colors on these fig. I can't wait to get them........ :D

scwv
06-23-2004, 06:21 PM
NICE just like the flak viper getting a new life, barricade has one. the color scheme he is rocking looks great on him. with the flak viper i always liked the mold, barricade was a differnet story i never thought it was a good mold, but the colors on the AV version deffinaly shows the great details of the mold.

The Faceless Master
06-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Barricade without the helmet still looks like Mr Bean to me... tongue.gif

Gemini Matrix
06-24-2004, 07:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donsbabyboo:
Barricade without the helmet still looks like Mr Bean to me... tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He should definitely leave the helment on. Duke as well. That grin troubles me.

:D

CobraLaLaLarry
06-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah, Barricade's going to have that helmet glued to his head, it looks like somebody hit him in the face with a bat.

rah-digga
06-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Didn't read all the posts in this thread yet, but I had to jump on board and agree that this is a kick @$$ set. Whether it's better paint scheme than Night force, I can't agree. Better than Tiger force? Can't agree. Better than Python Patrol, Freak Yeah! But what is really great is that the weapons fit the characters that they come with (unless something get fubar'd when they go to production). You can tell that the designers really took their time with this one though, after all they added the nice touch of having the character's names painted on their helmets. Nice touch. I'll wait for General Hawk's Joe review for my final decision but it looks good.

Patrick A. Riley
06-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Kwinn doesn't seem to like the guys from the Urban set ;) :D
http://www.patrickriley.com/joes/FNC.jpg

[ June 24, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]

redviper
06-24-2004, 11:12 AM
yes!! a few new cool figures!
Barricade look's cool to me! very nice,as Roadblock and Mutt... this 3 are the best ones from the set...

Duke..it just look's to me like a steelbrigade soldier..that as the lifeline and charbroil...

thanks foir the pictures Prozac!

also it was what I WAS THINKING TO about the steelbrigades helmets...they are nice for other ideas or armybuilders....cool!
the color is super!!
;)

Gemini Matrix
06-24-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:
Kwinn doesn't seem to like the guys from the Urban set ;) :D
http://www.patrickriley.com/joes/FNC.jpg

[ June 24, 2004: Message edited by: Patrick A. Riley ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They must of made fun of his Mom smelling bad like rotten whale meat or something.

:D

frenchy
06-24-2004, 05:39 PM
I hear the supply of deoderant up there is sparse

cthulhu522
06-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Here is a link to some more pics.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=3525

Gemini Matrix
06-24-2004, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve French:
I hear the supply of deoderant up there is sparse<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something to know next time I plan a trip around Alaska or the North Pole. :D

rah-digga
06-25-2004, 11:48 AM
So after checking the lastest link posted to Toy News International, I'll say that I love the Roadblock mold. It wasn't my favorite back in the day (v2 will live long in my world) but it's defiantely a close runner up. I think the only fig that sucks is the lifeline stretcher mold and only because he doesn't where a helmet like the others. Why he gotta' be the odd man out? They could have used Doc's mold and recolored his head or redid the stretcher mold with Doc's head. Either way, he'd be able to fit a helmet on his head. The Cobra pack would be cool if they all had similar paint schemes like the other six packs. Why wouldn't hasbro do that?

Spillspleen
06-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Super Duper line up!!