Looking for moral support on this one.... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Looking for moral support on this one....

GBPackRat
06-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Ok Guys,

I need some moral support here. I really hope I don't regret what I had to do. I saw this auction on ebay today and noticed that Boobookitty had it for like $15. I could not believe my eyes, so I figured, I wasn't going to give this guy more ammo to screw people over with, so I bid this sucker up as high as I really could go. My question now is... was it worth it. The link to the action is listed below...

Ebay Gi Joe Parts Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5904678438)

BIGFAN
06-21-2004, 01:48 PM
it is definatley worth it@

good call man!

Deogg
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Giving Boobookitty theirs is almost always a good thing.

Plus, it looks like some pretty good stuff in there. An almost complete Polar Battle Bear among others.

I'd say you did pretty darn good even if Boobookitty wasn't the bidder you topped! Him getting outbid just makes it that much better. Way to go! smile.gif

Fireflyanon
06-21-2004, 03:10 PM
Right off the bat I see a Bunker missile, Sgt Rock tent and some rattler parts I would be interested in. You could probably break the stuff up for 50 cents a part and still at minimum break even. There are a bunch of parts that would sell for at least a buck so I don't think you will be losing any money on it.

Lt. Royal
06-21-2004, 03:18 PM
HOwever, the time and effort to sell that stuff is not worth it to me but is this guy is a ickday then go ahead

Dead-Eye
06-21-2004, 03:41 PM
I just won 12 auctions from Boobookitty. Is that a bad thing? Seems to have gone well. Even let me wait to add the last auctions shipping to the first. But I haven't heard back from her (it is a she) about receipt of payment or of sent items.

Deogg
06-21-2004, 03:46 PM
1. It's a he, not a she.
2. KEEP ON HIM. There's guys on here that will help you get all the info you need to keep on him. Here's a link to one of his Bad Trader warnings:
here (http://www.toy-ads.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000739)

Good luck!

drveovru2
06-21-2004, 04:22 PM
you got atleast 36 dollars worth of stuff. i would of liked to score alot of those parts, plus you kept that cheat boobkitty from getting some more stuff to rip people off with.

yo joe

Redmao
06-21-2004, 04:30 PM
All i know or care about is that you scored a good load of pieces and its really cool.

as for moral support..

GO YOU!

GBPackRat
06-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the support guys. Once I get the parts and strip out what I need to complete some of my vehicles, I'll most likely snap digital pictures of what is left and either trade for other parts I need or sell them out at most for a buck a piece. Don't worry, those who see stuff they want in the lot, chances are you'll see some of it listed on the boards in a month or so. I just want to make my 36 back and complete some ships in the process.

Dead-Eye
06-21-2004, 07:20 PM
You sure about that, Deogg? The mail is to a Stephanie something. And the name is from Jay & Silent Bob. For a woman.

Guess I'll wait to get what I've ordered from this person before I decide to get any thing else.
But I'm not getting anymore info from GIJoetoystore either. Or something like that.

Dead-Eye
06-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Just checked out that thread. Wish I would have seen that first. But he or she has some good items.

Well, if things don't work out I'd be more than happy to come up to DFW and join up with anyone that wants to go see him.

Deogg
06-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Dead-Eye,
Read all the details of that link. Better yet, do a search on the Bad Traders secion for that seller. You'll see ;)

red25thta
06-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Actually Dead-Eye since you are in Texas he tend's not to screw us over like he does the rest of the States. I myself have won like 40+ auction's and only missed 1 thing which was sent out a week or 2 later. But I also know where he work's and the PO Box he uses.

Dead-Eye
06-21-2004, 11:55 PM
Well when I get my car put back together, and if he screws me over, you'll have to show me around when I come up.