New Steel Brigade protos and review at HQ [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : New Steel Brigade protos and review at HQ

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-21-2004, 09:00 PM
http://gijoehq.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=26296#26296

Just got these, thought they might be worth a look in case we see the figure at the Joe Show.

dockingbay97
06-22-2004, 05:43 AM
I always thought this was going to be a parachute drop figure since nothing else has leaked out.

But since there is not mention of a parachute drop this year, I guess this is one of the things that got axed because it is at Disney.

Oh well.

Jeff Bohn
06-22-2004, 05:45 AM
I read somewhere the the parachute drop got axed because the monorail runs through the hotel, and that they didn't want figures landing on the monorail.

Looking forward to seeing where the Steel Brigade figures end up!

[ June 22, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

Cavalry Man
06-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Yep, I've got two of the "final" painted figures of the new Steel Brigade. I hope that they just aren't convention figures because I'm won't be able to go.

It is odd that the entire figure is painted and that there are no marks on them either. I.E. copyrights.

Yet cool figures anyway.

--------------------------------------------
-Just order a large Farva.
-I don't want a largefarva, I want a goddam liter of cola!

danyanda
06-22-2004, 03:45 PM
The hotel is sloped, so a parachute drop from the roof would be basically impossible, plus the monorail deal. I think that the actual parachute drop is nixed, but we will get a comparable figure.

Deogg
06-22-2004, 06:29 PM
If there was to be a parachute drop Disney would want all the figs to wear mickey ears LOL.

The big two rumors I've heard a lot are that it will either be a MasterCollector membership premium (in which case I'd join in a heartbeat) or the next Hasbro mail-away (in which cas e I'm breaking out the flag points!! )

toy-nutz
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deogg:
If there was to be a parachute drop Disney would want all the figs to wear mickey ears LOL.

The big two rumors I've heard a lot are that it will either be a MasterCollector membership premium (in which case I'd join in a heartbeat) or the next Hasbro mail-away (in which cas e I'm breaking out the flag points!! )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to Brian Savage, There is no Para drop figure since there is no Para drop. Nor is there a "doorbuster" type figure. There are other bigger surprises. Especially at dinner on Sunday. Now that does not mean that the SB trooper is not going to be used as a Collector Club membership figure or that it is only available at the Convention.

Michael Richards
Bulletman Big B
All Hail DOB!!