Night Ray (Moray) searchlight lens [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Night Ray (Moray) searchlight lens

ForceFull1
07-11-2012, 07:50 PM
After somewhere around 10 years I've finally cobbled together a Night Ray that is complete except the searchlight lens. So, I suppose the lens is just a slightly darker shade than the one included with the Moray and the 2004-2005 reissues? Or are they the same, and I can just use a more common reissue or Moray version?

FireFox91
07-12-2012, 08:05 AM
I am pretty sure they are different and that the Night Ray version is slightly darker. But man, good luck on finding it. The regular lenses were hard enough to find until we started getting Hydrofoil reissues. Now they are still hard, just not as hard. But the Night Ray parts are a beast. I was missing a windshield for mine that I never thought I would get for anything close to what I thought was reasonable. Prices were going in to the $40s at the time. (I was willing to go $20 or so.) I found that buying parts lots on Night Force parts were worth it because you could pick out the part you needed and resell the rest. Sometimes for more than what you paid. Keep that in mind during your searches.