eBay pick of the day [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : eBay pick of the day

Bison25
06-14-2004, 02:09 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5904284978&rd=1

Jason W.
06-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Wow. I'd bid on that, but $5,000 is about as much as I'd spend on it. Someone is gonna get a nice addition to their collection there. Me, I'd rather put that money into a house or a car.

Snake-eyes01
06-14-2004, 02:31 PM
WOW! :eek: Now that's an instant collection, awesome stuff!

bison25
06-14-2004, 03:13 PM
yea really, more like instant master collection, btw snakeeyes that cabbage patch kid zartan is damn funny, that would of been especially funny to see during the cabbage patch kid and gi joe craze of the mid 80's

Sgt. Moody
06-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Why is gunslingercbr from tni selling all his stuff? :(

[ June 14, 2004: Message edited by: Sgt. Moody ]

gunslingercbr
06-14-2004, 03:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt. Moody:
Why is gunslingercbr from tni selling all his stuff? :(

[ June 14, 2004: Message edited by: Sgt. Moody ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had them long enough, and they have just been sitting in my closet for years. and as much as I love them, and believe me I do (the only more difficult thing I've ever done is breaking up with my first love), I think it is time for someone else to enjoy them.

strangely, I justified selling them with the fact that I have the first two years of JvC MOC, so I wasn't void of a collection entirely. but minus my RAH collection (and yes, it feels like they are already gone), having JvC just isn't as cool, so I may end up either selling those just opening them up.

thorn
06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
hey thats pretty cool-
you get a nice chunk of change, and if you arent displaying them, its cool you passed them on , hopefully the new owner will display them.
at any rate, few of us had the whatever (willpower?) not to open all that early stuff,
that's what you get for preserving them-$$$, now more people can enjoy them.
excellent!
(did you get all those as they came out or did you have to buy them?)

GILTYONE
06-15-2004, 07:28 AM
I got one word REGRET cause that is what is goin to happen if u sell a beauitful collection like that the average collector may not be able to afford that collection and it will go to a DEALER who is goin to tear it apart only to get any collector upset mark my words. I'm sure as u where typing u where feelin it already.

gunslingercbr
06-15-2004, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
(did you get all those as they came out or did you have to buy them?)[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish these were my originals, but no, I had to piece this together over years.

thorn
06-15-2004, 04:57 PM
either way man, awesome-
i just hope whoever buys them displays them, it s good of you to pas them on..

thorn
06-15-2004, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> the average collector may not be able to afford that collection and it will go to a DEALER who is goin to tear it apart only to get any collector upset mark my words <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well at least at the moment the high bidder sure looks like a collector.
sure no avg person is gonna buy any toys for $5000 , but still i dont think it absolutley has to end up resold and split up.
hehe- it would make a great college fund for somebody's kid- buy them all, AFA them, wait ten more years and sell em again complete

wacker23
06-15-2004, 08:03 PM
hey spend some money and afa them

thunt4
06-16-2004, 09:24 AM
I emailed you , Just curious what the shape of each one is or if any were in bad shape. These would make a nice addition to my collection, time to make some room!!

thunt4
06-16-2004, 09:29 AM
The straight arm cobra commander you listed also i s that the mickey mouse version? Its not pictured. Thanks

gunslingercbr
06-16-2004, 10:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thunt4:
The straight arm cobra commander you listed also i s that the mickey mouse version? Its not pictured. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no it isn't. I forgot about the figure when taking pictures. anyone interested in seeing it can email me.

thunt4
06-18-2004, 08:16 AM
I wanted to email you but it shows its blocked. I emailed you from ebay but no reply so I am not sure if it made it to you. Could you describe the condition to me of some of the carded things? I mean are they store bought new or does some have a lot of wear on them? I just want to make sure. ALos non are resealed right all are attached very good? Any hang tag tears at all? I just want to get an idea of how nice the cards are so I know how much to bid Thanks

thunt4
06-21-2004, 10:43 PM
so what happened dang i wanted this

Bison25
06-22-2004, 10:28 AM
lol maybe he backed down because he just didnt have the heart to sell it