Remember that Cobra Floating... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Remember that Cobra Floating...

yojoeshow
06-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Base that you'd see at the beginning of the cartoon. I think that would make an awesome base playset. What do you guys think?

bayou benny
06-14-2004, 03:37 PM
i agree with you 110%. it needs to be atleast as big as the ussflagg playset.

danyanda
06-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I think it would stink as a playset. The toys never had much success IMO with vehicles that looked too much like a snake. Take the Hiss IV and Night Adder or whatever it is. They're both crappy in large part because of the snakelikeness. Serpentor's Air Chariot kind of pulls it off and is still okay, but it's nothing great. A big playset needs to be waaaaaay less gimmicky (gimmicky in that regards, anyway).

Just my thoughts on the matter.

yo-man2
06-14-2004, 05:19 PM
check out the starriors base..sweeet

red25thta
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Actually I know alot of people who like the Night Adder. Granted the Crimson Chipper is kinda wierd but enough people like it. I'd buy the base depending on actual size and price.

Dead-Eye
06-14-2004, 08:10 PM
What I'd like to see are those giant weapons platform that had heads of cobras. Remember them from when Joe attacked Cobra Island, I think it was? They had guns for fangs and then each arm was a weapon.
But the floating base would be cool.

Serpentor's Bodyguard
06-14-2004, 08:14 PM
I liked that aircraft carrie sky thing in the begining of the gi joe movie, I think that would make a great playset

the Cobra FLAGG...

curmudgeon
06-14-2004, 11:06 PM
That big Cobra VTOL jet would be cool, but hell, I'd settle for a nice fat Joe c130 with enough room to roll a few sluggers in there. That and a big cobra submarine would be awesome.