Entire Run 1-#155..plus rare McFarlene issue [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Entire Run 1-#155..plus rare McFarlene issue

dansjoes.com
06-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Any idea of what this would be valued at? I also have all the Tales, European,etc...Thanks. Dan

Xerofall
06-04-2004, 11:31 AM
I sold off my entire run including the Digests and the mini-comics that came with the figures--- all for $500.

I've seen the entire run go for upto $800 before.

Trouble is most people only need a few, and if you try to sell the entire thing, you'll be swamped with emails asking to just sell the issues seperate.

I got 151 emails when I was selling my collection, all asking to just buy issue 21, 155, the mini comics and the Special #1.

Luckily I was able to find a buyer to pay for the entire set, I wish I got more, but I had to pay rent. :mad:

GBPackRat
06-04-2004, 11:53 AM
My guess was going to be around the $500 mark as well.

But your best bet is to break them down into 3 - 4 parts...

1 - 50
51 - 100
101 - 150
151 - 155
Speical #1

You would make more that way cuz more people would be interested and could afford it.

Tanner

GBPackRat
06-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Xenofall,

Bumper man... That sucks, if you are ever in Madison and feel the need to read an issue. Let me know, I've got the entire run.

Tanner
;)

backinblack
06-04-2004, 12:05 PM
just ebay it all man i saw 1-155 awhile back it still had 6 days till the auction was finished and it was at like 360 or something u can prolly get a good price for it all on there

backinblack
06-04-2004, 12:06 PM
unless of course u wanna just sell me 27 ???? haha

YoJoeNCSU
06-04-2004, 01:51 PM
When I bought my joe comics I bought the entire run all at once (everything except Special #1, but it had the euro issues, transformers vs gi joe, etc) for around $450 shipped (might have been less). I thought I was getting a really good deal. If I had to sell it I don't think I would sell for less than $500.

To me it also depends on how you obtained it in the first place. Since I bought mine all at once, as much as I like it, I am not as attached to it as other pieces of my collection that I've worked on putting together for years. However, if I had been collecting the comics for years (or even trying to rebuild the collection), I think it would be harder to sell, and I would try and get a higher value for it. Good luck

KtownJoes
06-04-2004, 02:13 PM
Comics are so hit & miss really. Depending on condition of course. Average grade stuff can be had for $1 each for issue #6-145 regularly. Of course there are a couple in there that bring a couple dollars more IE 21, but honestly I think the market is dropping on the regular issue stuff. The early ones will always be good & the tail-end stuff always brings gold though.

Xerofall
06-04-2004, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GBPackRat:
Xenofall,

Bumper man... That sucks, if you are ever in Madison and feel the need to read an issue. Let me know, I've got the entire run.

Tanner
;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm good, I'm slowly rebuilding my collection...

And by the way, my name is Xerofall not Xenofall.

:D

sinnister
06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I just recently finished my entire collection too with European Mission #5! Woohoo!

Thanks Jay R.!

Serpentor's Bodyguard
06-05-2004, 02:15 PM
I felt it was fun getting it all together.

I mean its great to make this deal for 155 and that deal for that small lot and watch it slowly wind down untill the day you can go look through your comics and go 1, 2, 3,...153, 154, 155

I have my last remaining issues on the way to me now and when I get them I will read all of them then I will most likely either sell them or store them.

GBPackRat
06-08-2004, 06:12 AM
I need European Missions and 1/2 of the new Frontline series... Oh and those darn 3-D issues from blackthorn.

Then I have it all and I'll work on varient covers.

Tanner

Jay R
06-09-2004, 11:39 AM
No problem Sinnister. by the way, i added feedback for you in the Comprehensive list.

Man, I don't think I could sell my collection for anything under $700. It took me a long time gather up the entire run. I was lucky though. I only needed to hunt for the last thirty issues or so. I bought #155 for $3.50. It truly is a good run from start to end...(with the exception of the NF run, and some later issues but that's another topic).

[ June 09, 2004: Message edited by: Jay R ]

PB&J
06-09-2004, 01:55 PM
hey you probably could get a decent price. I would say ebay it as well. If you have some good condition runs in the set. key issues would be 94 -115 (since it has the snakeeyes trilogy the return of cobra command, the death of alot of cobra and joes, snake eyes top secret mission and the the middle east war that annilated a bunch of joes). also another good run would be the last 20 issues or so since those have low print runs. comic conventions like wizard world chicago i wont find gi joe for no less than 3 bucks since everyone is trying to fill there collections. and only the first 50 are in trades. so good luck i hope this helps

Serpentor's Bodyguard
06-10-2004, 10:00 AM
yeah i'm noticing more and more issues gone from my local store, looks like everyone wants to complete thier collections.

GBPackRat
06-10-2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah people started to get interested in the old run about 2 - 3 years ago.

It's hard to find anything at conventions anymore unless your willing to pay $3 - $10 an issue.

Ebay is the best bet for cheap lots if you can still find them.

I'm glad I completed my run as interest and demand starting going up. I'm sure if you wait it out, demand will go down again, it always does.

Tanner

dansjoes.com
06-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks for all the responses...I was just wondering..not looking to sell at this time. Thanks everyone!