backinblack
06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
whats your fav book or books of all the gi joe comics and series available

Sniper Viper
06-05-2004, 05:42 AM
I like the Snake Eyes Trilogy. I think it was the upper #80s or lower #90s

sox fan
06-05-2004, 05:56 AM
the dogfight between ace and wild weasel. The salute at the end was great. One battle one issue. It didn't drag on and on

Angry Beef
06-05-2004, 12:09 PM
If you've paid attention to my posts you may already know...The Special Missions issue with Dusty, Outback and Lightfoot in Trucia Abyssma. The one where Lightfoot is tortured into revealing their mission.

backinblack
06-05-2004, 12:47 PM
well i didn't pay attention ...
i like snake eyes trilogy and i also really like the master apprentice first book but gotta see the rest tho

Obiwanjacoby
06-05-2004, 09:53 PM
Probably the two issue storyline of the Joe-team's first encounter w/the Oktober Guard.

I really REALLY liked the Spesh-Mish preview in issue #50!

-PJ

Joeczar
06-05-2004, 10:20 PM
While I agree with the Beefster that SM#13 was great, my favorite single issue is #82, which starts with the GI Joe training class, where the washouts get shipped to Thule, Greenland! The part where they make them run 20 miles to watch 6 hours of training videos is priceless. I think a lot of why it's my favorite issue is it came out when I was at AIT at Ft, Gordon, GA. Having just finished basic it was a lot of fun to read.

Xerofall
06-05-2004, 11:16 PM
I liked issue 80... an offshoot island came up from the surface right next to Cobra island.

Both Cobra and GI Joe were trying to stake a claim on it.

After a long battle the island ended up sinking back into the Gulf.

I loved how the Maggots couldn't elevate their guns high enough and over shot the Joe's position.

Angry Beef
06-06-2004, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joeczar:
While I agree with the Beefster that SM#13 was great, my favorite single issue is #82, which starts with the GI Joe training class, where the washouts get shipped to Thule, Greenland! The part where they make them run 20 miles to watch 6 hours of training videos is priceless. I think a lot of why it's my favorite issue is it came out when I was at AIT at Ft, Gordon, GA. Having just finished basic it was a lot of fun to read.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is my second favorite issue.

frozen_nd
06-06-2004, 03:49 PM
. .

the joe bandit
06-06-2004, 07:03 PM
# 21 has to be my favorite mostly for the memory. I was getting the toys from the start and watched the cartoon everyday. One day I went to a friends house to trade baseball cards and there he showed me his GI Joe comics. He had four of them but I really only remember # 21 and the one where they had the CC prisoner in the mountains. But after that I was hooked. I got every issue after that until the early 100's. But # 21 got me hooked.

As a side note, I didnt realize until much later that it was such a highly reguarded issue. Obviously I know why.

KING
06-07-2004, 03:58 AM
My Fave is Issue 36 of the old Joe series!! I loved the cover and the drawings of the Cobra Officers and ASP's. I think that was my first Joe Comic to that my dad picked up for me when I was a child. I loved the story with Torpeado and Snow Job, I never knew why a dude would be dressed in winter camo's on a hovercraft on the ocean but hell I was a kid and it was awesome.

Fenway
06-09-2004, 05:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sox fan:
the dogfight between ace and wild weasel. The salute at the end was great. One battle one issue. It didn't drag on and on<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree with you more and I am a Sox fan too....

I also enjoyed the issues that introduced Zartan and Firefly and the battles in the everglades.

But they did so many missions after issue 20 that were great....

Dreadnok4life
06-11-2004, 12:49 PM
My favorite GI Joe issue is from Marvel Comics "G.I. Joe" comic. It is issue #21 which is named "Silent Interlude." I thought it was a complete masterpiece at the time. 20 years later I can still picture Snake Eyes stopping Storm Shadows thrown sword.

Mr Rage
06-11-2004, 05:43 PM
My favorite issues are the Cobra Civil War. But my first & foremost favorite (it was my first issue I read) is the dogfight between Ace & Wildweasel is issue #34 or #36. Classic, truly classic.

Mr Rage

Deogg
06-11-2004, 06:10 PM
I do like the Battle of Springfield in issues 49 and 50. Also, the Borovia story arc in 61-65 also rocked.

red25thta
06-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Having flown Flight Sim's online for years the Ace/Wild Weasle is one of my fav's. And the Salute was classic of battle's I've had online. Fighting a guy for 20 min's to find we both run outta ammo. Classic!

Sephiroth
06-12-2004, 10:46 AM
I really like issue # 113. It's the issue where Sneak-Peek gets killed and Dusty carries his body all the way back to camp because of a promise that he made to Sneak-Peek's mother. The battles in this issue were intense. Cobra forces used tactics that just made you want to hate them rather than laugh at them. Nearly all the Battle Force 2000 gets KIA, save for Dodger...but even he gets a little bit of revenge.

I summarized the entire issue here:

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe113.shtml

sinnister
06-13-2004, 05:34 AM
I liked issue 106 I think it was...the cover with Snake Eyes in Major Bludd's scope.