sooo - which action force do I need? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : sooo - which action force do I need?

Michael
06-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Ive read up on these and it seems some were reprints of the US stories and some of the European Missions were reprints of the AF titles. If I have most of the US series that I want, which Action Force or Euro Missions do I need to get without overlapping stories? I just want the stories to read, not interested in the other stuff. are they posted online somewhere where you can read them, like the marvel arah were on cobra.com a couple years ago?

Obiwanjacoby
06-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Um. . .what? I don't understand.

-PJ

Michael
06-06-2004, 05:27 PM
If all I want is the original stories without having to get reprinted stories with different covers. Do I just get all the European Missions or are there still Action Force comics with original stories out there I would need to buy as well. ( a lot of the AF comics were reprinted US stories, right)

The Baron
07-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately you need them all!

There were 50 weekly issues, each containing 5 pages of new UK strip, and 11 pages of US reprint. The five Summer specials all contain US reprint (I think) the five annuals all contain new UK strip and US reprints.

This was followed by Action Force monthly, which ran for 15 issues, I believe these are reprinted in their entirety as European Missions, they contained no US reprint.

All Action Force stories that appeared in the pages of Transformers UK are US reprints, barring # 161 and # 245.

BUT before Marvel UK had the licence, vastly superior Action Force stories ran for several years in the pages of Battle Picture Weekly.

Luckily someone was fool enough to scan the lot and stick 'em online!!!

www.bloodforthebaron.com

seaneley
07-20-2004, 07:53 PM
That's why we love you, Baron! :D

The Baron
05-04-2005, 10:42 PM
are they posted online somewhere where you can read them, like the marvel arah were on cobra.com a couple years ago?

They are now. www.bloodforthebaron.com