Unshown Joes? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Unshown Joes?

Graz73
07-08-2004, 09:43 AM
I was just noticing how many Joes have NEVER been shown in any comics or cartoons. Lots of joes have gotten NO screen time...

(Thanks to Propeduric's detailed list)

I might not quite have this right. Let me know if I missed anybody...

joined 1987:
Psyche-Out?, Hardtop, Steel Brigade,

joined 1988:
Blizzard, Charbroil, Windmill, Skystriker

joined 1989:
Recoil, Countdown, Backblast, Dogfight, Windchill, Hot Seat

joined 1990:
Capt. Grid-Iron, Topside, Sub-Zero, Ambush, Salvo, Freefall, Stretcher, Bullhorn, Pathfinder, Altitude, Airborne (Sky Patrol), Drop Zone, Static Line, Skydive, Airwave, Cold Front, Updraft, Maj. Storm

joined 1991:
Rapid-Fire, Skymate, Cloudburst, Major Altitude, Tracker

joined 1992:
Barricade?, Bullet-Proof?
joined 1993:
Col. Courage, Snow Storm, Banzai, Bushido, Mirage, Blast-Off, T'Gin-Zu, Mace, Long Arm, Robo-JOE

joined 1994:
Ice Cream Soldier, Space Shot, Effects, Gears

joined 1998:
Thunderwing

joined 2000:
Chameleon

joined 2001:
Whiteout, Side Track (Sean McLaughlin), Double Blast, Crossfire, Sure Fire, Big Brawler

joined 2002:
Sidetrack (John Boyce), Sideswipe, Lifeline (Greg Scot)

joined 2003:
Reservist, Cross Hair, Red Spot, Wide Scope, Rampage, Hollow Point, Switch Gears

thespar
07-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Cross Hair has shown up in the last issue to come out. Give some of the other form 2003 time to show up i look hacker, barrel roll and others just came it over the last 5 issues

danyanda
07-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Psyche Out - SM #7
Hardtop - somewhere in the 60s
Recoil - #113
Stretcher - 120s (Hawk shot in Borovia)
Ambush - more prominently featured in the same story arch
Bullet Proof - #124 and maybe 125

I believe we see Salvo larger than life on the cover of #113, and Blizzard may or may not be in Special Mission #20.

thespar
07-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Bushido check out issuse two of master and appritecs

Billy - The Cobra Son
07-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Dogfight apperared on The Battle of Benzeen continuity...

jedimarvin
07-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Most of the pre 1991 Joes you listed showed up in the comcis.

1987 - Psyche-Out showed up quite a bit. Off the top of my head, I know he showed up with speaking rolls during the Cobra Civil War, Battle of Benzeen and a mission to Sierra Gordo with Hawk and Roadblock (70-71). Hardtop also showed up in at least three difefrent issues where the Defiant was featured.

1988 - Charbroil showed up in SM 21. Windmill showed up in 72 as a new recruit with Wild Card and Skidmark

1989 - Recoil showed up and was wounded during the Battle of Benzeen. Countdown showed up briefly with blond hair on board the Defiant duringt he same period. Backblast showed up at some point in Sierra Gordo and again in The PIT III when Clucth and Rock & Roll went crazy (99?). Dogfight showed up in SM 28 and again during the Battle of Benzeen in 110. Hot Seat showed up in Sierra Gordo in 105 and is even on the cover and again during the Battle of Benzeen in 109 or 110.

1990 - Ambush showed up and was wounded during the Battle of Benzeen. Stretcher showed up in Sierra Gordo in 105. Salvo, as mentioned was featered on the cover of 113 and inside. Airwave was featured very briefly in DD...i think somewhere around the Serpentor story.

shadeycat
07-09-2004, 12:14 PM
I think i saw Budo in M&A 2 i musta missed Bushido though.

Ghost X
07-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Budo played a major role in issue #82 where Repeater, Lightfoot, & Budo go through Joe Boot Camp then tackle their first mission against IGs dressed liked vipers.

Patrick A. Riley
07-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Not in comics or DIC cartoons: (87-94 only)

Steel Brigade, Skystriker, Windchill, Cold Front, Updraft, Maj. Storm, Rapid-Fire, Barricade, Col. Courage, Snow Storm, Banzai, Bushido, Blast-Off, T'Gin-Zu, Mace, Long Arm, Robo-JOE, Ice Cream Soldier, Effects, Gears

Double check JMM's GI Joe Encyclopedia http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/enc-main.html

HICKS
07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
He Showed Uped In Frontline With The Whole Chucles Story. I Think Blizzard Showed Up In Issue 27 Of The Dd Line.

yojoeshow
07-09-2004, 07:20 PM
The cartoon series really liked using Shipwreck. He had at least a cameo in almost all of the episodes. Yet they never really used Snake eyes except in battle scenes. Was it because he couldn't make dialog?

Graz73
07-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. My memory was pretty faulty on a few of those guys...

Are you sure that Bushido showed up in Master and Apprentice? I know Budo was in there, but that's a different guy...

I think JMM's GI Joe Encyclopedia is a great site, but I think he forgot some Joes on his version of the list.

Here is the up-to-date list...

JOES who have never been seen in any continuity.

joined 1987:
Steel Brigade

joined 1988:
Blizzard ?, Skystriker

joined 1990:
Capt. Grid-Iron, Topside, Sub-Zero, Freefall, Bullhorn, Pathfinder, Altitude, Airborne (Sky Patrol), Drop Zone, Static Line, Skydive, Cold Front, Updraft, Maj. Storm

joined 1991:
Rapid-Fire, Skymate, Cloudburst, Major Altitude, Tracker

joined 1992:
Barricade

joined 1993:
Col. Courage, Snow Storm, Banzai, Bushido??, Mirage, Blast-Off, T'Gin-Zu, Mace, Long Arm, Robo-JOE

joined 1994:
Ice Cream Soldier, Space Shot, Effects, Gears

joined 1998:
Thunderwing

joined 2000:
Chameleon

joined 2001:
Whiteout, Side Track (Sean McLaughlin), Double Blast, Crossfire, Sure Fire, Big Brawler

joined 2002:
Sidetrack (John Boyce), Sideswipe, Lifeline (Greg Scot)

joined 2003:
Reservist, Red Spot, Wide Scope, Rampage, Hollow Point, Switch Gears

-----------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know if some of these guys showed up in the DiC cartoon or anything?

thespar
07-13-2004, 08:39 PM
okay i made a little mistake and got my chacters mixed up. As far as Lifeline (Greg Scot) in comics comics do not hold your breath. The real Lifeline shows up in the comics.

Graz73
07-13-2004, 08:43 PM
I'd even say that all of the 98-2002 toys are forgettable. No one will miss these characters very much if they never show up again. I guess Big Brawler and Sure Fire have both had several toy versions, but besides those two...