Question about UK reprints [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Question about UK reprints

The Baron
05-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Just been ploughing through my collection and have come across 3 stories I can't find a mention of in the archive. Does anyone know the origins of "Best Defence" "Skirmish" and "Forced Play"?

The Baron
05-16-2004, 08:31 PM
Questions answered in another thread.

Graz73
05-20-2004, 04:44 AM
Baron, you seem to know a LOT more about the actionforce comics than any of the other fans that I know.

Which issue is the one that is a "sequel" to silent interlude? I've been wanting to read that one...

The Baron
06-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Not so much of a sequel as a retelling. Issues 37 and 38 reprint Silent Interlude, with a new prologue and epilogue on either end, which basically tie the events of Silent Interlude into the UK continuity.

UK reprints of Joe strips are all over the shop, and Silent Interlude is well out of context with it's original setting, being set following Walk Through The Jungle.

Having cross-referenced my whole collection I have (in one form or another) reprints of GI Joe 21, 25 - 40 and 42 - 75. Looks like I gotta get me some reprint books.

The Baron
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Which issue is the one that is a "sequel" to silent interlude? I've been wanting to read that one...

Here you go: http://www.bloodforthebaron.com/Blood/Action%20Force/Violent%20Lives.htm