Original Art Work... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Original Art Work...

GBPackRat
05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
I've got a collection of about 20 pages (old and new) and I was just wondering where all the other pages ended up...

If you own any art, post here the issue and page.

Thanks,
Tanner tongue.gif

Xerofall
05-13-2004, 04:14 AM
I've got a wicked cool animation cel of an explosion.

I wish I could get a comic book page, some day... :(

Jeff Bohn
05-13-2004, 06:31 AM
Battlefiles art of General Hawk and Wild Bill, both by Eric Wolfe Hanson, no inker listed. Wild Bill also has some sketches on the back, working out the pose, and jokingly camparing him to Richard Petty.

http://webpages.charter.net/jbohn5/hawk.jpg http://webpages.charter.net/jbohn5/wildbill.jpg

That's it for Joe stuff, and probably going to be the extent of my collection of art unless something comes along that I NEED!

[ May 13, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

[ May 26, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

GBPackRat
05-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Jeff,

Sweet, I so want to see them before you move...

Do you know who did the artwork? It looks like Eric Wolf Hansen and Will C Caraini?

Tanner

Snow
05-13-2004, 05:46 PM
I have alot of Devils Due Art.

I have about 6 or 7 covers and 20 +interior pages. Its the one thing I truly collect for myself.
Michael

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-13-2004, 05:54 PM
I have a few cool pages from DD myself. I have 4 pieces like Jeff's, of Cobra Commander, Firefly, Mainframe and Flint. I got a few shots that were important to me and my collection, like the first full Destro appearance (for my destro collection, a big HAHA to Jabba and AC) when he was in costume, wearing the mask, through the jail cell bars. I think it was the end of Issue 3. Then, I have the big image of CC from issue #1, with duke really small in the foreground. I really liked steve Kurth's art, it reminded me of Steve Skroce and Bart Sears at the time, but it wasn't really developed at that point compared to some later issues. My most recent pick up was a two page cover from Frontline. I don't remember which number it was, but it is the one with Beach head and the Green shirts. i got an alternate cover, where they are ebing fired up. it is tagged as "cover b", but I have yet to find the actual comic, my issue had a different cover.

GBPackRat
05-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Snow,

How much do covers run you and where do you get them?

Also, for those who are getting DD's stuff, who are your contacts?

I'm always wondering how people end up with them?

I tend to use ebay and a few online dealers, but I try to buy direct at conventions if I can.

Tanner

KrymsynGardImmoral
05-15-2004, 04:07 PM
DD usually brings art or artists with art to the Conventions. I got my first pieces at the Chicago Comic Con, then my most recent one at the Pittsburgh Comic Con. I am hoping to get something else at the Philly con next weekend.

newswseller
05-20-2004, 12:52 PM
If anyones interested I just added some comic Artwork in the for sale section.

Xerofall
05-22-2004, 05:16 AM
I forgot, I write Larry Hama often and he sent me an original drawing of Snake Eyes.

**EDIT**

Someone had a problem with my pic, so I removed it.

[ May 27, 2004: Message edited by: Xerofall ]

GBPackRat
05-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Xenofall...

I don't know how close you ware with Hama, but it is at all possible, please e-mail me.

I would love to write to Hama and ask him some questions I've had since I was a kid.

If you can't, I understand.
Tanner

Obiwanjacoby
05-26-2004, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xerofall:
PLEASE don't copy this pic, just look at it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:rolleyes: There's likely more than a thousand copied by now! Even if I didn't copy it, it's def. in my temp folder.

Now Larry probably won't do any more drawings for anyone else after this. :(

-PJ

Dave Seguin
05-26-2004, 08:35 PM
My wife won this at Wizard world Philly this past weekend. page 9 form issue 25 of the current run of joe comics. She also got a Sketch of Zanya and Tunnel Rat from Tim Seeley. My Sis got sketches of Flint, Roadblock and Serpentor From Tim. My brother in law got Snake Eyes and Stormshadow from Josh Blaylock.

here are the pics---

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7ogyu/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/page9issue25.jpg

If ya want to see the sketches Email me and I'll send 'em to ya

[ May 27, 2004: Message edited by: Dave Seguin ]

[ May 27, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

Xerofall
05-27-2004, 04:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Obiwanjacoby:

:rolleyes: There's likely more than a thousand copied by now! Even if I didn't copy it, it's def. in my temp folder.

Now Larry probably won't do any more drawings for anyone else after this. :(

-PJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got this a few years ago, I'm sure he'd be okay with it by now.

Anyway here's a pic of a drawing I got from a comicbook artist who is a friend of mine, he doesn't mind me posting it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid62/pc51386a201aae40f5b143bc2960218ff/fc1d3c94.jpg

[ May 27, 2004: Message edited by: Xerofall ]

GBPackRat
05-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Wow,

Page 9 of Issue 25? That's super cool, I'm working on tracking down a page or two from that issue.

I do have the last page of issue 24. I thought that was pretty cool. Scooped it off ebay, with shipping and handling the page cost me $43.

Tanner

GBPackRat
05-27-2004, 05:35 AM
Xenofall,

BTW, thanks for posting the picture for a while. It was a really neat sketch. Bummer you had to remove it, but I understand why.

Treasure that sucker to your grave, I doubt Hama does that often.

Tanner

Xerofall
05-27-2004, 05:40 AM
I'm sure he would if you are as resourceful as I was in tracking him down.

Just don't flood his mail with requests, it took me four emails for me to get the nerve to ask for a drawing.

But it seemed he was genuinely happy to do it.

Snow
05-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Tanner,

I have about 9 (as of Philly) of the DD covers( I would have had 10 but Kevin stole one out from under me smile.gif)...

I have been friends with Josh for a while, so he usually calls me when some thing comes up or I just go see what is forsale at the Conventions. Most Covers run between $250- $500. Although some, like the #22 Serpentor Cover by Mike Turner can run ya about 3k.

Ebay is the best place to buy, although some stuff shows up on Yojoe joe as well...

Michael

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-02-2004, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snow:
Tanner,

I have about 9 (as of Philly) of the DD covers( I would have had 10 but Kevin stole one out from under me smile.gif)... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine even had some extra art on the back of it. Some random images of Xevoz toys(I think), and some "Pimp" Smurfs, no BS. Papa Smurf in a fur coat, pimp as hellishissness. I didn't think it was a cover, though. I was gonna sell it, but if it is a cover I will keep it.

GBPackRat
06-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I currently have 19 pages myself. Most from DD's run on it, though I do have two pages from the older run. I also have some random pages as well. As I am a poor college student, I can't afford covers yet (I can barely afford pages), but someday I would like to get one or two for my collection. When I own a home, I plan to have some prof. framed and then I'm going to hang them around the house. I once saw Speical Missions Cover for issue 21, go for $181 on ebay. It killed me to see it go so low, but I couldn't afford it so I had to sit by and mourn.

Tanner