Who is Cobra Commander? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who is Cobra Commander?

Bassline
07-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Ok, I've read the marvel series up to about #84 now and I'm just curious, is the REAL cobra commander, aka Billy's dad, actually dead? I know in issue #61, Fred shoots the original CC and assumes his identity with the battle armor, and in #84 they explain some of the past with billy, zartan, snake eyes and CC. But since i haven't read through the last 61 issues yet, I'm wondering why in Image/DD #20, Cobra Commander says "no one's going to shoot my son...except me." ??

frozen_nd
07-03-2004, 09:26 AM
. .

Obiwanjacoby
07-03-2004, 07:21 PM
Also keep in mind that DD likes to play fast & loose with the continuity. They don't totally 100% gel with the Marvel series (mostly when it comes to charaterization). If you're reading the Marvel series just to be up on DD, there's no need to, really.

-PJ

Antarctica
07-04-2004, 01:04 AM
DD has found a good mix.
Like in Issue 31 Rip Cord's reference to relationship and how being in GI Joe effects it. Of course, that is a slight reference to Candy and the whole mess with her and her death. Which probably stetch out over a 20 issues period. And was very meaningful to him.

In the first few issues they were definelty holding to the Marvel continuity, but they are now moving onto there own. Which is good

cmderinchief
07-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Agreed......I assume they'll dip back into the Marvel relm when necessary. I think the thread between Marvel and DD was mainly for us die hard fans. Personally, if they came out with a book like Reloaded, I would not be into it as much.....althought that is not to say I don't like Reloaded.

As for CC, he will always be the Used Car Saleman gone bad......and not some Snake Hybred from the depths of the earth! :D

Billy - The Cobra Son
07-13-2004, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=
As for CC, he will always be the Used Car Saleman gone bad......and not some Snake Hybred from the depths of the earth! :D[/QUOTE]

Certainlly yes! The original and the best concept is the one from the comics, and the information is simple: there will be only one true Cobra Commander!

But Cobra-La is cool... it's not for the comics, but is cool!

Dark Goji Lord
07-13-2004, 03:29 PM
I think its in comic issue 99 the real CC comes back and kills Freddy and a whole bunch of other traitors.

Spillspleen
07-13-2004, 09:09 PM
A used car salesman runs an organization of 10,000 men bent on ruling the world!!!

seaneley
07-20-2004, 08:08 PM
By the way, Cobra Commander is really... Baron IronBlood! Yes. His i.d. has been reavealed! But you have to go to http://www.actionforce.com to discover the truth of his past and how Cobra was organized.;)

Desert Rat 157
07-20-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm Cobra Commander

http://www.joeworld-online.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10047/normal_cobra.jpg
http://www.joeworld-online.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10047/normal_CC5.jpg

Sorry I couldn't resist.

thespar
07-21-2004, 05:59 AM
seaneley check your link i get something for a employment services.

I did not like how the movie mase him this odd speices

danyanda
08-01-2004, 11:48 PM
By the way, Cobra Commander is really... Baron IronBlood! Yes. His i.d. has been reavealed! But you have to go to http://www.actionforce.com to discover the truth of his past and how Cobra was organized.;)

Check out the above link.

Cobra Commander is really...

A FORKLIFT!!! (in disguise)

cmderinchief
08-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Ah ha! Thus that explains all of the Joe v. Transformers cross overs!!

cthulhu522
08-03-2004, 09:05 AM
I am glad I read this thread. I just started reading the comics for the first time ever. I have not picked up a comic in nearly 15 years. I was confused about the identity of CC because all I knew of him was from the cartoon, which is very different from that of the comics. BTW, I am really enjoying the comics thus far, and I will start on the Marvel ones as soon as I get the DD ones finished.

Billy - The Cobra Son
08-03-2004, 12:40 PM
I like very much the concept and the story of Cobra Commander as showed in the serie Cobra Reborn - G.I. Joe Reloaded...

But the Marvel and the subsequent regular Devil Due origins of CC and Cobra are the best of the best.

Yes, Cobra Commander is Baron Ironblood in te european stories of the Action Force, they updated the character to share the same identitie of the 60's 70's terrorist, baron ironblood an his Red Shadows!

How many orign stories has CC after all?

It depends on you!

nightc1
08-03-2004, 03:12 PM
As has been mentioned... stick with the story and you'll find out. But YES, if you need to know the original Cobra Commander does return.

I highly recommend collecting and reading through all the old Marvel series... and also recommend the newer series too. Nicely, neither (if you shop around) will set you back too much.

I've been reading back through the Marvel series and am totally enjoying it. I've not been much for comics the last 7 years... but sometime last year I got back into reading my old Silver Surfers and though that didn't get me totally back into comics... a few graphic novels of both Marvel and Image/DD comics were given to me by my bro and that kicked me back into the fray of reading my old issues and also looking at buying more new stuff.

nightc1
08-24-2004, 07:54 AM
I think its in comic issue 99 the real CC comes back and kills Freddy and a whole bunch of other traitors.
Close, it was Issue 98. I have just read through that part in the series. I'm reading through all the GI Joe comics I already have :D