Rapid Fire VHS tape [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Rapid Fire VHS tape

rah-digga
04-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Anyone know anythink about the VHS tape that came with the Rapid Fire figure a few years back? What exactly was on it?

bearcatcc
04-13-2004, 07:42 AM
Revenge of the Pharaohs, a DIC episode.

Don't get your hopes up for greatness (although it is still better than that Sgt. Savage video that came with the figure).

bearcatcc

Obiwanjacoby
04-18-2004, 11:36 AM
I hear there's still alot of those out there still mint on card. I wanna buy one, but I'm hung up on the fact that Rapid Fire appears to be simply a Super Trooper clone. Even their filecards are nearly the same. Still I'd like to get one MOC.

-PJ

dmurray
04-18-2004, 11:57 AM
i bought the vhs tape at a flea market for 25 cents..it wasn't the best playing tape but at least i can watch it.. :D

zartan15
04-25-2004, 09:22 AM
I just got one for $2. It's... interesting. The night creeper leader thinks he's a pharoh reincarnated. It's not GREAT, but it's ok. Oh, and lady jaye is blue instead of green.

Icebreaker
04-25-2004, 04:48 PM
I bought this new back in the day. The VHS tape was fuzzy right off on the first viewing, the introductions sound fades in and out. Other than actual physical tape quality, the episode was nothing super special to me. Not bad.

Rapid Fire really is just Super Trooper that I can tell. I don't have the super trooper figure anymore, but besides coloring and the absence of a shield, not too different. I've been very tempted to rip the neon armor vest off, looks like a nice figure underneath....but then again, I might just leave it.

Blackjack
04-26-2004, 06:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Icebreaker:
Rapid Fire really is just Super Trooper that I can tell. I don't have the super trooper figure anymore, but besides coloring and the absence of a shield, not too different. I've been very tempted to rip the neon armor vest off, looks like a nice figure underneath....but then again, I might just leave it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, Rapid Fire is just a straight up repaint of Super Trooper. I prefer Super Trooper, because of the silver armor, but I kinda like the Rapid Fire figure. I have the regular Super Trooper figure in my collection, and for Rapid Fire, I just put his head on Night Force Shockwave's body. That way he looks more realistic, but still has the armor vest look to him.

Obiwanjacoby
04-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Oh-oh-oh! Howbout. . .Tiger Force Rapid Fire? :D

That might be one of the molds Hasbro hasn't yet used for the con set either, hmm. . .

-PJ

rah-digga
04-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Yeah but couldn't the same thing be said about the Payload v3 and Barbecue V3, it's the same figure. I personally like the supertrooper figure, but hated the name. Rapid fire colors sucked. I had a rapid fire before but have no idea where he went. my thing is, didn't his chest separate from his body? I remember mine doing it, but people are talking like the vest weren't suppose to come off.

Blackjack
05-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Well, the vest wasn't supposed to come off, but it was only held on with a little glue. Rapid Fire's came off easier than Super Trooper's, but with a little work, you could take them off.

thebigzakbowski
05-24-2004, 10:49 PM
rapid fire is an awesome fig

gunless
05-25-2004, 04:17 AM
you can pry the vest off, but it might leave glue residue. Underneath it's just a black outback torso.

toe
05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Just picked up a carded one on eBay for $8.50..... :)

gargoyle
05-26-2004, 06:19 PM
if you like repaints; then get one. i just like the super trooper style so i got the rapidfire just for that reason. he is the super trooper. and as for the cartoon it gave something to watch. it wouldnt have cost that much more to put 3/4 cartoons on it... well i really say that i dont know how much it costs to marketed it in the first place. but i say check ebay and get you one

Michael
06-23-2004, 08:26 PM
back to the original topic - does anyone have this episode or any of the other DIC episodes that we could get? If someone had a decent bunch of DIC master tapes I would make dvds for people. I have the operation dragonfire and although it is pretty miserable to watch, it is really cool to see the characters like night viper, alley viper, Stalker v.2, lowlight and Python Patrol.