Chris Latta [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Chris Latta

Kir Kanos
07-08-2004, 09:29 AM
The single most important voice in the cartoons, in my opinion. I heard he died about 10 years ago, but I have heard cancer in one version, and drugs in the other. Does anyone have links to the actual story? Very sad, either way. That man was a genius.

frenchy
07-08-2004, 09:31 AM
I believe it was cancer...

JWLJN
07-08-2004, 09:11 PM
In a discussion about the DVD releases on another board, I was wondering if anyone had ever seen/heard any interviews with Latta detailing his work on G.I. Joe?

Latta was actually the voice of Moe Szylak on the first season of The Simpsons and I believe the voice actually aired in the original run. All reruns and DVDs have Hank Azaria's voice dubbed over.

The only time I ever saw Chris Latta physically was on an episode of Mama's Family. I believe he was billed at Chris Collins, but it was indeed Chris Latta. The voice he had on there was closest to Breaker.

-J\/\/

thebigzakbowski
07-09-2004, 02:36 AM
it was a heart attack
im sure you guys have seen him and just not known it was him. he was on married with children. He was in no ma'am, balding guy with long white hair, used to always make fun of Peg and Al would make fun of his wife and the guys would pull em apart. He was also in "stop or my mom will shoot". I'm sure he did more but I am not 100% other than the simpsons.

Propadeutic
07-09-2004, 06:57 AM
You can also see Latta (billed as Chris Collins) on Star Trek: The Next Generation. He played a Pakled in "Samaritan Snare" and a Klingon in "A Matter of Honor." FWIW, Michael "Duke" Bell had the main guest role in TNG's premiere episode "Encounter at Farpoint," as Groppler Zorn.

Kir Kanos
07-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Wow, thanks for the info guys. He must have died fairly young then. Didn't know he was an actor as well, thats cool.

Deogg
07-09-2004, 01:10 PM
And also one of the most important voices in the Transformers cartoon (Starscream)

Patrick A. Riley
07-09-2004, 01:35 PM
http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0490383/

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/PersonDetail/personid-3359

Some website says he died in February, not June

Unfortunately, the two episodes of Married with Children on which he appeared just aired on FX.

Here is a pic from the Ironhead Haynes episode with Waylon Jennings:
http://www.bundypics.com/821b/821_09.jpg
Chris is standing all the way at the left

frenchy
07-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks Pat

figuresdirect.com
07-09-2004, 09:56 PM
"You ever seen a finer pair of attitudes?"

oh man thats great !

Xerofall
07-18-2004, 01:47 AM
I've heard it was a drug induced heart attack. Unfortunately untill someone who knew him sets the record strait, we will never know the truth.

Didn't anyone film the voice actors during their GI Joe sessions? I wanna see that.

ThisIs1979
01-17-2005, 04:34 PM
He also appears as "Mr. Forbes" in the first season NYPD Blue episode "Abandando Abandoned". I happened by chance to buy the NYPD first season boxed set (it was on sale for only 18 bucks- I couldn't pass that up) on the same night I bought my first 2 GI Joe DVD sets. Having never seen a picture of him before, I knew it was him right away, just by his voice.