Spy Troops: The Movie - PS2 DVD problem? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Spy Troops: The Movie - PS2 DVD problem?

sfzdk
06-15-2004, 05:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone else have had problems watching Spy Troops: The Movie DVD's on a PS2? After a while it starts skipping and shortly after (around the time the Grizzly is parachuted) I get an "unable to read disc" message. My guess would be that it's a faulty disc but the seller says it worked fine on their DVD player. Any info, suggestions, good ideas etc. would be very much appreciated! It sucks to have something sent 1/4 of the way around the world and it doesn't work properly... Especially since I to my surprise actually enjoyed what I saw! smile.gif

Chuplayer
06-15-2004, 06:50 PM
There was a thread here about that a while ago. I guess it was so old it got automatically deleted because I can't find it anymore. Anyway, the point was don't play DVDs on your PS2. The PS2 is a terrible DVD player. At least use an XBOX. The picture quality is better than the PS2 (although not as good as a normal DVD player), and it's as compatible as a normal DVD player.

It's also possible you got a bad DVD. I had two bad DVDs before I got a good one from Hasbro.

SLG
06-16-2004, 03:27 PM
The samething happened to mine I took it back got another ( dvd not the player) and it works fine. My son watched it a few times and its been fine. I don't know why some don't work on PS2.-Eric

sfzdk
06-19-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the replies.

My PS2 have worked fine with the 100+ other DVD's I have played on it so I think I'll stick with it! ;)

I seemed to remember people having problem with defective discs... Unfortunately I don't think I can get Hasbro to replace something I bought used on Ebay. Oh well, anyone got an extra disc??

gargoyle
06-20-2004, 05:32 AM
i bought a large num. of these figs to sell i tested 3 out well 1 was mine. anyway the ones i tested never did work on my ps2 and didnt work on my dvd player. but they did play on my sisters player, go figure right. but i got to see it when they brought out he vhs.

BK
06-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Mine skips around 10 minutes in, and freezes completely during the credits. But I never bothered to return it, since I don't really care about the credits anyway.

Kir Kanos
06-25-2004, 06:16 PM
I worked at Best Buy when the ps2's were released, and for a few yrs after. They were notorious for not reading dvd's.