Second TCG preview: Snake-Eyes! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Second TCG preview: Snake-Eyes!

Bryon
06-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Weaker than Roadblock by one, but because of his concealment ability your opponent can't hit him with a firefight card.

I dont really know what that all means exactly, but it sounds fun. :cool:

thebigzakbowski
06-28-2004, 11:22 PM
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=gijoetcg

Bryon
06-29-2004, 10:08 PM
From what I've been able to gather, it appears there are 3 colors of Joes (red, white, and blue). Roadblock is red. Snake-Eyes is blue. (Notice the colors of the text boxes on the cards). During the One-on-One battles, you may flip over the top card of your deck and add the appropriate colored Boost to your Joe.

I noticed that the red Joe has a higher Red boost on the bottom of his card. The blue Joe has a higher Blue boost. If you use all one color Joe in your deck, it will make for consistent bigger boosts.

Of course I expect the best Joes to be distributed among the colors, for game balance. Players will have to decide whether to use all the best Joes (and hope for lucky Boosts), or stick with one color of Joes to keep the higher boosts (but not being able to use all of the best Joes.

I could be off on this, but it seems like that is what is going on here. It sounds like a reasonable game balancing element.

The little bullet blasts on the side of the card must be used for the firefight phase.

The number of dots on top left corner might have to do with a playing cost (or deck-building cost).

frenchy
07-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Card art is decent for snake eyes.

Rapid Fire
07-04-2004, 11:23 PM
im a huge ccg player and i cant wait till i start seeing thease!