View Full Version : Vintage boobies... a funny Ebay policy

Xerofall
06-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Okay, so I need the cash. I decide I need to sell some of my Playboy magazines.

I spend half the night posting the auctions, a few hours later I'm getting bids. Cool.

Then they all get shut down.

At first I thought it was because of the content or wording used in my auctions.

I get an email from Ebay.

"You can't list Playboy magazines on the open market unless they are older than 1970 or "Vintage Playboy" Anything newer than 1970 is unacceptable to our standards to be sold on the open market."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

It has nothing to with the content of the magazines, just the year of publication.

So older boobies are okay?

I have to relist under the "Mature" section. :rolleyes: I hate wasting my time.

I just thought that was a weird and funny policy.

My Generation Toys
06-06-2004, 05:26 AM
What are you doing with so many Playboy Magazines anyway :confused: :confused: :confused:

No really, that would suck to have to re-list everything. Sorry man.

GungHo
06-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Yep, only vintage Playboy's go in the open market.........what sucks is having to wade thru the oodles and oodles of stuff in the mature section to find anything.

I've been collecting Playboy mags for several years.....in fact, when my wife and I first started going out she gave me a subscription to Playboy.......and I've had a subscription ever since....

gunless
06-06-2004, 09:57 AM
could this be because the earlier playboys showed nudity only from the waist up? Or could it be some deal with playboy since they sell back issues themselves? anyway I've got a bunch of 80's/early 90's issues if anyone wants them. smile.gif

Blayloxzuess
06-06-2004, 10:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Okay, so I need the cash. I decide I need to sell some of my Playboy magazines.
I spend half the night posting the auctions, a few hours later I'm getting bids. Cool.

Then they all get shut down.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a similar expierence. I listed an auction about 2 years ago for 3 dozen chinese stars. I was getting bids like CRAZY! About 2 hours before the auction ended, I got an e-mail from e-bay that they ended my auctions and that they were unacceptable unless I drilled a hole through them and sold them as necklaces.

curmudgeon
06-06-2004, 01:28 PM
When I read this topic title, I thought you were maybe trying to trade your grandma for some Joes or something :P

Predator
06-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the new ebay is all screwed up!

thorn
06-07-2004, 12:49 AM
bummer. i thought playboys were ok.
anyway, they did get racier as the years went on, that may be it.
BUT- can't you sell them in an adult only auction?
i am sure you cna