View Full Version : Red Dead Revolver

ChrisNeal
06-06-2004, 11:08 PM
test
Anyone play this? I havent been able to put it down since i rented it. I finally beat it tonight and i must say, it is a very very VERY addicting game.
Its replay value rivals that of Golden Eye for the N64.

I love this game. Classic western shooter, with a twist.

[ June 06, 2004: Message edited by: ChrisNeal ]

Navajo
06-07-2004, 04:22 AM
I love it. Keep getting smoked tho on the Mexican General level. Any hints on it?

Alkie Ewok
06-07-2004, 06:05 AM
that level was the one that got me too for a while...i'm not sure which part of it you had difficulty with, i'm guessing the second part when you've gotta take out cannons...

the tricky part is staying on the bridge though, using the boxes for cover and already having the flare lit, then aiming at the cannons one at a time to take them out. and of course keeping the union soldiers off you and getting the health pack one drops

it was frustrating at first but eventually got it to where there was just 1 cannon for the third part where you've gotta protect the 2 guys setting charges.

ChrisNeal
06-07-2004, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alkie Ewok:
that level was the one that got me too for a while...i'm not sure which part of it you had difficulty with, i'm guessing the second part when you've gotta take out cannons...

the tricky part is staying on the bridge though, using the boxes for cover and already having the flare lit, then aiming at the cannons one at a time to take them out. and of course keeping the union soldiers off you and getting the health pack one drops

it was frustrating at first but eventually got it to where there was just 1 cannon for the third part where you've gotta protect the 2 guys setting charges.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I used a bit different tactic. I straffed from left to right in the water, ignoring the soldiers that are attacting you, cause well its hard for them to hit you when you are straffing. if they get to be to much stop and kill them. The real trick is not staying still so the cannons can hit you. if you are still for more than 2 seconds you get nailed. Any way strafe back and forth lighting your flare and shooting it at the cannons. You have to be good at running and targeting to do this. After you get the hang of it, its pretty easy.

seller
06-07-2004, 06:23 PM
wanted to see that one!!

sox fan
06-08-2004, 09:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChrisNeal:

I love this game. Classic western shooter, with a twist.

]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wanted clint eastwood type game instead I got midget clowns
:(

ChrisNeal
06-08-2004, 04:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sox fan:

I wanted clint eastwood type game instead I got midget clowns
:(<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the clowns were rather funny. The noises they make sound like reject jawa words. "widgy widgy, widgy" lol