View Full Version : President Reagan

Kir Kanos
06-07-2004, 08:51 AM
I hope this doesn't get deleted, it is not intended to be political. My tribute to a great American. Thank you, President Reagan.

Jeff Bohn
06-07-2004, 09:29 AM
As long as we keep it away from his politics and everyone's feelings about his politics, the post can stay.

My grandma used to live right across the street from the college he attended in Eureka, IL, and he's the first president I remember having. I had read earlier Saturday that his health was declining, and was sad to hear about his death when I returned home that night.

[ June 07, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]

Spillspleen
06-07-2004, 09:48 AM
He was my favorite American...!!!

crimsonhawk
06-07-2004, 10:05 AM
He will always be "the president" to me...I just don't think anyone else can ever live up to him....of course I grew up with him as prez to.

Sad to see him go...

Joeczar
06-07-2004, 10:13 AM
He was a big part on the 80's for me, just as GI Joe was, sometimes it hard to believe that was twenty years ago. It was a really great time, even if some of the hair and clothing styles look a bit strange now!

code red shockwave
06-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah it's sad to see him go.

hardmaster
06-07-2004, 11:19 AM
i remember our school doing a little voting thing when he was first running for president,and i voted for him smile.gif sad to see a part of my past go.

dmurray
06-07-2004, 01:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hardmaster:
i remember our school doing a little voting thing when he was first running for president,and i voted for him smile.gif sad to see a part of my past go.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did the very same thing when i was in 5th grade..

:D

joeboy75
06-07-2004, 02:30 PM
I thought Regan was awesome. Maybe it's because I was so young, but he just seemed to be a great man and leader to me. I still wait for the next Regan to enter office and put us back on track.

VanillaGorilla
06-07-2004, 04:53 PM
My hero as a child and still now is Walter Payton, when Payton broke Jim Browns record for career Rushing Yards Pres Reagan called him. I remember that, and when the Challenger exploded, and when he was shot, Libya and Beirut, and Reagan held the Country strong through it all.

Angry Beef
06-07-2004, 05:13 PM
I grew up with him as president as well... and honestly he always seemed like a creepy old man to me.
And when I picture Reagan I still picture that puppet from the Phil Collins video.

seller
06-07-2004, 06:19 PM
i remember were i was when he was shot. Very scary!

crimson tide
06-08-2004, 06:33 AM
When I was growing up I always thought of Ronald Reagan as my hero. I did not want to see him leave office 1988. He was a great person and great president. He will be missed. We'll miss you, Gipper. :(

[ June 08, 2004: Message edited by: crimson tide ]

lattinlovrrr
06-08-2004, 11:34 AM
a great president actor and all around human bieng.

he will be missed

thorn
06-08-2004, 03:13 PM
it is very frustrating to me that politics are allowed on this site, but only in a pro gov't form.
even the slightest opposition is deleted.
i am sorry but i found reagan not such a good person.
so my comment on the situation was UGH!.
and it gets deleted,- i only make a slight statement about the man, not his politics as directed.
yet a flood of "he was such a great leader"
statements are ok, not political????.
(what??? )
I guess anything is ok on this site as long as only liberals are offended.
he sure was a good actor right up thru his whole career, i'll give him that.
I still refrain from any statement about his political decisions.

Deogg
06-08-2004, 03:17 PM
He was shot on my 3rd birthday.

Well, thanks to people not being able to keep politics outta this, I don't see this thread making it thru the night. Way to go.

crimsonhawk
06-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, since we are on the verge of a lockdown...

Thorn,

I haven't seen anything on this thread that has been remotely political...including your "UGH" post.

It was however, IMHO, tacky to do when people obviously are making thier last respects. Would you sneer at his funeral procession if you stumbled across it?

I can respect if you didn't like the man, but to blatantly post in a thread titled "President Reagan" when you knew what it was going to be about just strikes as bad form.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thorn:
it is very frustrating to me that politics are allowed on this site, but only in a pro gov't form.
even the slightest opposition is deleted.
i am sorry but i found reagan not such a good person.
so my comment on the situation was UGH!.
and it gets deleted,- i only make a slight statement about the man, not his politics as directed.
yet a flood of "he was such a great leader"
statements are ok, not political????.
(what??? )
I guess anything is ok on this site as long as only liberals are offended.
he sure was a good actor right up thru his whole career, i'll give him that.
I still refrain from any statement about his political decisions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

STORMSHADOW
06-08-2004, 04:32 PM
I have to agree with crimsonhawk this was not a political post it was simply remembering and respecting the passing of the man. not one person said anything of his poltics till thorn. very distastful. "Wise men are never silent-they simply know when to be."

Jeff Bohn
06-08-2004, 05:27 PM
The reason why your Ugh was deleted was because everyone else was politely paying respects to a man who had just passed away, and you came in and had to be a jerk about it. If you have a problem with it, please discuss it with me. If that's too much to ask, feel free to leave before you are asked to leave.

Everyone else, when someone does something like this, there is no need for you all to comment on it. Now that everyone has made comment on it, I'm locking the thread.

[ June 08, 2004: Message edited by: Jeff Bohn ]