View Full Version : Board Outage Friday 6-25 AM



Jeff Bohn
06-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Hey everyone,

The board is being moved to a new server tomorrow! So, during the morning, starting around 8 AM and lasting around 2-5 hours, the board will be inaccessible.

A notice stating this will also be put on the front page, and when the board is on the new server and ready to go, the note will be taken down.

Since the board will be on a new server, it will be at a new address, so at that point follow the Message Board link on the front page to the new address.

Don't forget to change any bookmarks you may have in your favorites.

That will be step 1, once that's taken care of it's on to upgrade time!! Thanks for everyone's patience; it's been a rough six months on the board!

Thanks!
Jeff

dockingbay97
06-24-2004, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Bohn:
Hey everyone,

The board is being moved to a new server tomorrow! So, during the morning, starting around 8 AM and lasting around 2-5 hours, the board will be inaccessible.

Thanks!
Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What time zone? Central?

Jeff Bohn
06-24-2004, 12:46 PM
Central I believe. It'll be around 8AM, so could happen a little earlier, could happen a little later.

frenchy
06-24-2004, 12:49 PM
This is great, a new server will be awesome.

KtownJoes
06-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Will all info be lost? If it will that is fine, but I will just take down the Good trader thread & repost it after the new server comes up.

I have it saved in word, but I dont want to miss any additions from posts.

Jeff Bohn
06-24-2004, 01:13 PM
No info should be lost, everything should transfer completely to the new server.

On the same token, from what I've been told, everything should transfer smoothly when we schedule the board upgrade too.

Jeff

Patrick A. Riley
06-24-2004, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Bohn:
No info should be lost, everything should transfer completely to the new server.

On the same token, from what I've been told, everything should transfer smoothly when we schedule the board upgrade too.

Jeff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cool news! Good thing all the info will transfer. I'd hate to lose my 2500 post status
;) :rolleyes: tongue.gif

GBPackRat
06-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Thank God that is prime time garage sale time or I might feel some withdrawl during that time... Good luck and hope all works as it should.

Tanner

Gemini Matrix
06-24-2004, 05:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:

Cool news! Good thing all the info will transfer. I'd hate to lose my 2500 post status
;) :rolleyes: tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen to that.

:D :rolleyes: ;) tongue.gif

Patrick A. Riley
06-24-2004, 06:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:

Cool news! Good thing all the info will transfer. I'd hate to lose my 2500 post status
;) :rolleyes: tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
But I've love Gem to lose his 4500+

;) tongue.gif

Gemini Matrix
06-24-2004, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patrick A. Riley:

But I've love Gem to lose his 4500+

;) tongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that wouldn't be nice. Anyways, I don't think the new board could take me on a spamming spree to make up the lose. ;)

james strickland
06-24-2004, 09:12 PM
will we have too redo our profiles if so will you let us now? cool that you are going to a new server.

acmirro
06-24-2004, 09:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by james strickland:
will we have too redo our profiles if so will you let us now? cool that you are going to a new server.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think so. From what I know of the new software it allows for full integration of the old board into the new one. There should be no loss.

[ June 24, 2004: Message edited by: acmirro ]

thebigzakbowski
06-25-2004, 12:18 AM
great news

BIGFAN
06-25-2004, 12:33 PM
so far the move is successful

links have been updated on the main page (obviously if your here you know that lol)

although there might be a few glitches as they tweak this or that doohickey the move was a success!

woohoo :D