View Full Version : Hot Wheels Ferraris

acmirro
06-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I am looking for any Ferrari Hot Wheels (Matchbox are cool, too).

I have the 5 from the most recent series and a nice amount of others from the pact, but I know there are dozens I dont have.

Email me if you have any to sell/trade. MOC or loose is fine - as long as the loose is in nice shape.

Thanks!

dockingbay97
06-08-2004, 10:41 PM
There is a new 2004 final run Ferrari if you haven't seen that one yet.

acmirro
06-08-2004, 10:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dockingbay97:
There is a new 2004 final run Ferrari if you haven't seen that one yet.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you mean the blue 308 gts i *Just* saw it online but havent seen it in stores yet. DO you think it is going to be hard to find or should I just order it online?

I really know nothing about hotwheels; I just look for the Ferrari ones.

Whats the deal? The treasure hunt ones are really hard to find?

Final run is a retired mold?

Is there a good site to look through to see what I have and need?

Thanks for any help.

dockingbay97
06-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Yeah, a Final Run is the last car made from that mold - a retired mold. Last year there were 12 cars. This year there is 5.

The 308 is just a little hard to find now because it is new and all the Hot Weasals are grabbing them up. They will start letting them sit soon enough.

Don't order it yet. If nothing else, I will find you one and sell it you for a buck plus shipping.

dockingbay97
06-08-2004, 11:01 PM
I only buy Final Runs, Treasure Hunts, Corvettes and the occasional car that strikes me like the Batmobiles and H2's - so my Hot Wheels knowledge is pretty limited. I don't know what sites are good ones.

[ June 08, 2004: Message edited by: dockingbay97 ]

GungHo
06-09-2004, 05:39 AM
Those final run cars are nothing more than regular issue now.......I wish they had stayed with the special packaging that they had a few years ago.

I just spotted some of the new Ferrari's yesterday...... I'm not really into them myself.

dockingbay97
06-09-2004, 06:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GungHo:
Those final run cars are nothing more than regular issue now.......I wish they had stayed with the special packaging that they had a few years ago.

I just spotted some of the new Ferrari's yesterday...... I'm not really into them myself.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't. It ticks me off when they put the $1 car in fancier pacakging and then charge $5. I would rather get them for a buck and have the fun of hunting them down on the hooks with the rest of the case.

GungHo
06-09-2004, 06:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dockingbay97:

I don't. It ticks me off when they put the $1 car in fancier pacakging and then charge $5. I would rather get them for a buck and have the fun of hunting them down on the hooks with the rest of the case.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The past final run cars WERE different though.....they often came with RR's and better paint.

Hot Wheels has to be the flat cheapest diecast company though....they repaint the same stuff,re-wheel the cars,re-blister them over and over.

I honestly prefer collecting johnny Lightning cars......MUCH better quality for $3......

JL was just bought out by Racing champions......for $17 million in cash plus 2.5 million in common RC stock....and a possible 2.5 million cash bonus if sales remain strong for a period of time.

Tom Lowe JL's owner will be on board to oversee everything for a couple years...... most of the die cast guys I hang out with are cringing at the thought of RC owning JL....but we'll see.

mexikan_cobra
06-09-2004, 01:33 PM
acm,

lmk what ur looking for hotwheels ferraris?

i have a huge (loose)lot of hotwheels up for grabs!

i got j/lighting,hotwheels,nascar

mex-cobra

[ June 09, 2004: Message edited by: mexikan_cobra ]

toe
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
I've got a 2001 Final Run Gultch Stepper w/ special packaging if anyone wants.....

I actually have a lot of hotwheels if anyone wants.

[email protected]

acmirro
06-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the info, guys.

mexikan_cobra, as I stated, only ones I dont have. smile.gif So I guess I would need to know what you have to get rid of.