View Full Version : People Not going to the con and like the figs

gsmiley007
06-18-2004, 08:02 AM
Hi

Since I was going to con, I'm picking up an extra bagged set of figures and was wondering what you guys think of this.

Since many of collectors have helped me get US exclusive figs/vehicles in the past. I wanted to do something back.

This is what I was thinking:
I will selling each figure individually, say for $10 + shipping

(except Hard top -keeping him), to someone that won't be able to attend (one people cannot get more than one figure).

How do you think I should do it:

I was thinking one thread for each figure, and what ever figure(s) you are interested in reply to that thread.

The winner would be one of the following?

1. Raffle (random)
2. Give me a story of how you helped your fellow collector (best true story wins - judge me or fellow members)
3. Give me a story of how you helped your fellow collector (raffle)

What do you guys think? Opinions please?

code red shockwave
06-18-2004, 08:05 AM
There will be a lot of people who would come up with great stories. It would probably me much harder to pick a winner among them, because too many end up to be "favorites" to you. I would say stick with option #1, which is to pick a winner randomly. There are 15 figures or so, right? Well, that means you'll have 15 winners to award prizes to.

Deogg
06-18-2004, 08:29 AM
I'd say stick with the random raffle. It seems to always work pretty well.

Crimson Viper Commander
06-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Hmm, random raffle to win the chance to buy something... Sign me up for Keldor please :D

GBPackRat
06-18-2004, 10:00 PM
I agree...

Random raffle seems the easiest and best way to do this...

If I wasn't already getting a bagged set from my buddy Curt (aka BIGFAN), I would jump at this chance. As I am getting the set, I'll pass, but I'm sure you'll make 15 people who are unable to get any figures from the set pretty happy.

Do random winners 1 - 15, give #1 the first pick, #2 the second pick and so on until you get down to #15 and they get the last pick. If people decide they don't want any figures because the one they wanted is gone, move on to the next and randomly pick a few extra numbers incase people pass when you get to them.

$10 plus shipping... That's nearly at cost and should be cheaper then what the market will demand once they hit ebay. This set looks good and having unquie figures might drive prices up...

Anybody got a guess what they think figures will go for once they hit ebay? $15, $20, $25 each....

Anyhow, thanks for making this offer to guys like me who can't afford to get to the con and can't afford a boxed set.

Tanner

gsmiley007
06-19-2004, 04:05 AM
gbpackrat

That sounds like a good idea, a little easier for me to manage.

i'll probably start the draws, once I get them in my hot little hands.

I'm not sure how much they will go for, but I'm sure a hell of a lot more than $10 each.