View Full Version : Anyone else screwed up by E-bay's last billing cycle?

GungHo
06-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey guys, I've got a problem with this past E-bay billing cycle. I was sent an invoice a couple weeks ago that was for my May's billing cycle......but the bil was different...as it said to do nothing....and had no date stating that it'd be taken out.....like most normal bills do.

Well, a couple days ago I get another E-bay bill....stating that there had been a mistake...and May and June's bill would be combined....fine, I can live with that.

Well, my wife called out bank this morning......E-bay drafted the $10 May bill from our account...even though the two bills were supposed to be combined.....now I'm left with a $25 bank overdraft fee :mad: :mad:

I know it's probably futile, but I'm going to try to wade thru the E-bay help pages....and see if because this was thier mistake if they'll cover the $25 overdraft fee........

Did anyone else get screwed over like this???? Anyone have any tips??? :confused:

BK
06-26-2004, 12:29 PM
In the last billing cycle, they never charged me my seller fees. So then I got a late fee. When I emailed to complain and ask why they had not charged me automatically on my credit card like they had EVERY OTHER MONTH for 3 years, they had no answer and couldn't figure out why I had not been charged. But as usual, the customer service emails were pretty much useless and offered no solutions. So I went to livechat and bitched about it, and had the fee removed and they charged me accordingly. If you go to livechat, you might get your issue resolved in a more timely manner. It was instrumental in helping me receive a refund for some items I was screwed on in March, and the people are generally more knowledgeable than the ones that just send you stock email respnses.

[ June 26, 2004: Message edited by: Brian Kelly ]

BK
06-26-2004, 12:33 PM
http://livechat.ebay.com/Chat/servlet/AppMain?__lFILE=index.jsp&grp=Activation

GungHo
06-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Brian, thanks for the info...and link. I went to the live chat for help....and the guy was helpful, but the E-bay billing analyst said that they didn't feel that they were responsible for my bank overdraft fee.......so I guess I get to just eat that $25 fee :mad: :( ....Thanks alot E-bay.....

Goldbug
06-26-2004, 04:16 PM
That's why I don't let anyone automatically withdraw money from my bank account. I always use the one time payment option. Stupid eBay! :mad:

GungHo
06-26-2004, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldbug:
That's why I don't let anyone automatically withdraw money from my bank account. I always use the one time payment option. Stupid eBay! :mad:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for what it's worth, this is the only trouble that I've EVER had with E-bay....or any direct withdrawl system before. This clearly was E-bay's fault....for the lack of notification.......and the chat person I talked with agreed with me......but the billing analyst said nothing could be done.....

zartan74
06-26-2004, 04:55 PM
I tell you E-Bay gets more disappointing every day....... :mad:

Predator
06-26-2004, 08:20 PM
I hate the new ebay, oh and yes that has happened to me!

Goldbug
06-26-2004, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GungHo:

Well, for what it's worth, this is the only trouble that I've EVER had with E-bay....or any direct withdrawl system before. This clearly was E-bay's fault....for the lack of notification.......and the chat person I talked with agreed with me......but the billing analyst said nothing could be done.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently that is their response to everything these days.
Now I got hit by this billing anomoly. I'm trying to list some things & it tells me I'm over my limit??? In fact THEY OWE ME 22 cents! :mad: