View Full Version : Gary Oldman in Episode III (SPOILERS)

Kir Kanos
06-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Possible Spoilers.....

I saw on yahoo.com's entertainment section that Gary Oldman is going to play some General who is enlisted to hunt down Anakin and Obi-Wan. Very cool, Gary Oldman is one of my favorite actors. It's going to be interesting how Anakin turns, and what happens to Dooku...too many questions now, but this isn't a SW forum.

[ June 26, 2004: Message edited by: dockingbay97 ]

Navajo
06-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Does anybody know if Darth Vader is actually gonna be in the next one? That would make it SOOOOO much cooler if he were.

dockingbay97
06-26-2004, 06:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Navajo:
Does anybody know if Darth Vader is actually gonna be in the next one? That would make it SOOOOO much cooler if he were.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he is.

And Gary Oldmand is supposidly in talks to play the voice of General Grievous - a cyborg general of the Seperatist Droid Army and....

"Grievous is a master strategist and the greatest hand-to-hand Jedi killer the galaxy has ever known," according to producer Rick McCallum.

dockingbay97
06-26-2004, 06:33 PM
I added SPOILERS to the title of the thread to further warn people before they open the thread.

Navajo
06-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Smokin'! I can't wait. I wasn't sure if he'd be in it or not. ANother question, will James Earl Jones be his voice?

hardmaster
06-26-2004, 06:46 PM
yes darth vader will be in ep III,they'll show anakin put the out fit on toward the end.

Kir Kanos
06-26-2004, 08:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dockingbay97:

Yes he is.

And Gary Oldmand is supposidly in talks to play the voice of General Grievous - a cyborg general of the Seperatist Droid Army and....

"Grievous is a master strategist and the greatest hand-to-hand Jedi killer the galaxy has ever known," according to producer Rick McCallum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a shame Jango didn't make it to III, he could have given Grievous a run for his money

Kir Kanos
06-26-2004, 08:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dockingbay97:
I added SPOILERS to the title of the thread to further warn people before they open the thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks dockingbay, i should have done that. this should easily be the best sw movie so far.

Kir Kanos
06-26-2004, 08:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hardmaster:
yes darth vader will be in ep III,they'll show anakin put the out fit on toward the end.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think in an interview Hayden was saying how he begged Lucas to let him put on the Vader suit, and James Earl Jones said he will have a small part at the end of the movie.

Dreadnok4life
06-26-2004, 11:44 PM
thanks dockingbay, i should have done that. this should easily be the best sw movie so far.

I doubt that. The first three kicked the crap out of the last two pieces of dung. For some reason an actor who looks like a reject from the O.C. playing Darth does not get me all that excited.

The Faceless Master
06-27-2004, 08:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dreadnok4life:

I doubt that. The first three kicked the crap out of the last two pieces of dung. For some reason an actor who looks like a reject from the O.C. playing Darth does not get me all that excited.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I before watching Episode 2, I thought Darth Vader was the most evil character in the universe, but after Hayden was being such a whiny b***h my view of Darth hasnt been the same. I hope theres some vindication in Ep3 tho...

Serpentor's Bodyguard
06-27-2004, 11:21 AM
whinniness runs in the skywalker family

"but I was going to go to the toshee station to pick up some power converters!"

Kir Kanos
06-27-2004, 12:17 PM
it could be the best sw movie so far, but I agree they need to step it up greatly. ep's I and II were disappointing. But with what is rumored to occur in III, it will be hard to mess it up. hopefully less whiny hayden in this one. maybe we'll get lucky and he'll become vader early in the movie.

joeboy75
06-27-2004, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Serpentor's Bodyguard:
whinniness runs in the skywalker family

"but I was going to go to the toshee station to pick up some power converters!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO true, lol! All this talk is killing me! I can't wait for the new movie, I was doing good until I read this thread, now I'm going to count the days!

wacker23
06-27-2004, 03:34 PM
hayden is one of the worst actors there is so i doubt hell be any better.this once awesome franchise that i grew up worshipping has turned to **** and its all george lucas fault.i wish some one would do it the right way..the cartoon network star wars is great and i wish and hope that the next star wars is half as good. :mad:

wacker23
06-27-2004, 03:36 PM
sorry..by the way gary oldman is a great actor and havinghim in this movie will rock.please have boba fett in this one not diaper fett

DarthJoelus
06-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Wow..... for the record Hayden is not one of the worst actors in a star wars movie. the original trilogy wasnt packed with great actors. James Earl Jones has already recorded his lines for the voice of Lord Vader. In my opinion the should NOT have Darth Vader in ep.3. People want to talk about Lucus destroying star wars. What about fans crying about "We want to see Vader". What about the fact that if we see Anakin "transform" into Vader in ep.3 it will ruin the end of Empire strikes back. hearing Vader tell Luke "I am your father" wont matter because i already knew that 2 movies ago. now i understand that most people already know that. what about in 30 years when sombody seeing it for the first time watches all 6 movies everybody will know who lukes father is hours before he does????? i dont get that. Another thing what did either of the Fett's ever do?. Jango got his head chopped off by Mace and Boba was killed by a blind guy .............A BLIND GUY!!!!!! Im sorry if i offended anyone. i just hate it when people jump all over Lucas when i can be sure all of you will shell out you 10 bucks to go see it. if you want to boycott the movie cuz your mad at the way Lucas is making them, dont go. crying isnt going to change them. just take them for what they are. now im no angel i have already put Lucas down at least one time in this thread alone. but thats what its here for. so while i do respect all your opinions. thank you for hearing mine. for all the fett fans that are gonna tell me about Expanded Universe. Save it. Also, C3P0 is the worst character in all of the movies.

You want spoilers?? here you go. http://www.beforethemagic.com/story.html http://supershadow.com/

curmudgeon
06-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Man, Gary Oldman is a great actor. I'm really happy he's going to be in Episode III. From what I've seen from that leaked video, I'm pretty excited to see this movie, with the peak of chewbacca and the vader armor. Learning Gary Oldman's going to be in the movie just makes it that much better.

These new episodes aren't anywhere near as good as the old ones, but I still enjoy watching them. Once I gave up my initial disappointment and my expectations dissolved I found I could get a lot more enjoyment out of the movies for just what they were.