View Full Version : idea for YoJoe.com

Rapid Fire
05-28-2004, 06:49 PM
heres and idea for YoJoe.com, you have all the versions listed for figures individualy! so why not have a sidebyside comparison? you dont need to have every figure in the same shot, just use the images you have and shrink them and add them all to one image! that way we can see what they all look like next to each other!

danyanda
05-28-2004, 07:08 PM
for some reason I think they used to have that. When you looked at the different versions of the character you could actually see pictures. Of course, this could get a little too difficult with certain characters now that certain figures get 2 or more new versions per year (ahem...Snake Eyes, Duke, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, the infamous BATs and Vipers).

thebigzakbowski
05-28-2004, 07:21 PM
i kinda remember that

Jeff Bohn
05-28-2004, 07:44 PM
I think it was a bandwidth issue that caused those to be taken down. It was before my time here, but I do remember seeing all the Cobra Commander figures side by side!

As of right now we don't have plans to re-add something like that, but you can see comparisons like that in the Feature Character Spotlights.

Rapid Fire
05-28-2004, 08:03 PM
thats cool! wishful thinkin on my part :D

thorn
05-28-2004, 09:54 PM
castledestro has mission compare which is comparing variations i think

Xerofall
05-29-2004, 01:06 AM
I've always wanted YoJoe.com to include a pic of the figure with all the accessories on so we can see what they look like.

Rapid Fire
05-29-2004, 01:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xerofall:
I've always wanted YoJoe.com to include a pic of the figure with all the accessories on so we can see what they look like.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats a cool idea! something else is that there could be one of those IPIX/Quicktime 360 degrees full rotation animation that they can do! but again bandwidth would be a problem!

Druss
05-29-2004, 04:01 AM
The one part of the figure/vehicle I find most lacking is the vehicles portion, in most cases you can't even find a list of what parts a vehicle comes with, you need to go into the instructions to see.

Obiwanjacoby
05-29-2004, 12:44 PM
No need for it anyway. I can do it by simply opening up multiple windows and resizing each one side-by side. Or save them to one folder and set view all as thumbnails.

-PJ

Goldbug
05-29-2004, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff Bohn:
I think it was a bandwidth issue that caused those to be taken down. It was before my time here, but I do remember seeing all the Cobra Commander figures side by side!

As of right now we don't have plans to re-add something like that, but you can see comparisons like that in the Feature Character Spotlights.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm I can't seem to find the Feature Character Spotlights index.
:confused:

Jeff Bohn
05-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Vehicles are being updated a few at a time. Take a look at the Fang II (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/89/fang2/) for an example.

Fully accessorized figures is a good idea, we thought about doing it during Spy Troops, but never actually did. Maybe we'll start with this wave.

Feature Character Spotlights are in the FAQs and Features (http://www.yojoe.com/faq/) section.

Deacon
05-30-2004, 09:37 PM
One little thing I noticed...

When you click "all", sorted by year, in the action figure archive...
http://www.yojoe.com/action/all/

...2004 isn't listed there.