View Full Version : Help me recall this toy!

Obiwanjacoby
05-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Hey, it worked in a prev. thread so now I'm trying it. . .

It was a spaceship toy, but not from any movie (pretty sure of that). And it'd be at least 20 years old by now.

The forward part looked similar to the cockpit of a Y-wing fighter, but that portion detached from the main body of the ship with a square grey button on the top. I can't remember much else, but I do know that it didn't have any pilot and when you turned it on, it made a static-like engine noise. When you pointed it down, the noise got lower & lower (like it was decending). When you pointed it up, it made a "climbing" noise.

Any pics would also be appreciated. I barely remember the thing.

-PJ

red25thta
05-30-2004, 12:01 AM
If it was black I still have mine in the closest. Will check in the morning. But it had 2 parts. i remember that right off hand.

KtownJoes
05-30-2004, 04:30 AM
It was made by Milton Bradley & came out at about the same time as ROM the Space Knight. It wasnt part of a toy line really just a single piece.

Cernunos
05-30-2004, 08:01 AM
You're talking about the Starbird!

Milton Bradley Starbird Avenger (http://www.bugeyedmonster.com/toys/starbird/)

I had one of these as a kid, pretty cool toy.

red25thta
05-30-2004, 09:32 AM
I have the Intruder. Sitting right beside me and it still works believe it or not. If you look to the bottem of the above link it was the black one.

red25thta
05-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Funny doing a look on ebay I could not find the black one. Just all the white one's. Tempted to put it up and see what I can get for it.

Obiwanjacoby
05-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Wow. . .thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Good times just seeing it again! That was great, thanks all!

-PJ

danyanda
05-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Did that thing come apart at all? I swear I got something like that from my neighbors up the street that you could pull apart into a few pieces. I remember carrying the from canopy around making noises to sound like a TF under my Halloween costume.