View Full Version : Shrek 2

VanillaGorilla
05-30-2004, 06:15 AM
I took the wifey to go see it. She loved it and I had a good time as well. A tip though, go at the late showing s that way there are not that many kids there.

red25thta
05-30-2004, 09:26 AM
I took my son to go see Scooby Doo 2. Man kid's are annoying at the movies.

Navajo
05-30-2004, 12:07 PM
I think it's a given though if you're going to one of those, it's going to be full of youngings...and good. When kids go to those movies, they aren't at home hounding daddy! lol

thunt4
05-30-2004, 01:10 PM
did you think the first was better or were they about the same? I liked the first one so was just curious what you thought

Cavalry Man
05-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Yeah my girlfriend and I saw it on Thursday. It was very funny. I enjoyed it and so did she. Also we went to a showing at
around 10:30 I think, only two kids where there. And they were really quite.
Anyway it doesn't matter whether there are kids there or not. Some "adults" are worse than kids.

red25thta
05-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Amen on that. Went and saw Day after Tomorrow and had one guy I wanted to hit in the head with my coke. IT's like shut the H up! Good thing I went with my Dad and Bro because with my Wife she would have had them thrown out (G).

thorn
05-31-2004, 01:01 AM
yeah that is part of why i always wait for the video-\
i need to pause it and talk and smoke.
this will blow some of you away-
the last 1st run movie i saw in the theatre -
termintator 2.
a little bit after that i saw Far and Away at one of those rerun $1.50 places somebody took me to.
shrek was pretty good, sounds like 2 is also, cool!

red25thta
05-31-2004, 08:08 AM
Back when I had money and before kid's I was at the movies all the time. Friends , girl friends whatever. But now I would rather wait for the video. More features and a pause button ( I have a small blatter, either I cann't eat or drink or after an hour or two I got to make the run.)

VanillaGorilla
05-31-2004, 11:01 AM
My wife liked this one better than the first, I liked the first better. But by all means the second is very good and will have you laughing. Another to go see is Troy, amazing movie.

themoney75
05-31-2004, 12:23 PM
i cant stand when people go to a movie and just talk the whole time.sometime i like to ask them while are you here you payed 7.00 just to talk you can do that in the parking lot.i think lot of is lack of respect. :rolleyes:

[ May 31, 2004: Message edited by: themoney75 ]

Cavalry Man
05-31-2004, 02:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by red25thta:
Amen on that. Went and saw Day after Tomorrow and had one guy I wanted to hit in the head with my coke. IT's like shut the H up! Good thing I went with my Dad and Bro because with my Wife she would have had them thrown out (G).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear that one. But I don't care. I've told people bluntly to shut up or keep their kids quiet. I'll tell them to be quiet no more than twice. Then I'll get an usher to kick em out, if they won't shup up. Its a total lack of respect by alot of people. I don't pay 15.00 dollars for tickets for my girlfriend and I to sit and listen to an idiot talk for 2 hours. I have no patient for people's lack of respect. Either they leave or I'll make em leave. I told some to be quiet. They wouldn't so I got in their face and made them leave. I didn't touch them at all, but I cursed em out. So I must of scared them or something.
Remember, respect is not given its earned.

;)

Evil Ryu
05-31-2004, 04:25 PM
I took both of my daughters to see it. We enjoyed it alot. Man, I couldn't stop laughing when that bugle boy started to play the theme from Hawaii 5-0. I thought it was better than the first.

acmirro
05-31-2004, 09:37 PM
Very funny! I saw it tonight.

This is one of those movies where you will need to see it at least twice to get all of the jokes. I went w/ a couple of friends and they missed a lot of jokes that I caught, and I missed a lot of things they got.

Some funny stuff!

thebigzakbowski
05-31-2004, 10:11 PM
the catnip joke was the funniest part