View Full Version : Thanos vs Darkseid?

dockingbay97
06-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Thanos vs Darkseid?

So I have no idea why I wonder this other than I am a nerd....

You take two of the biggest, super-powered, stoney faced, intergalactic baddies and throw them into an arena and have them duke it out.

No Infinity Guantlet (we need to make things a little fair).

Who wins?

Why?

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/thanos.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You are about to get schooled!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ June 01, 2004: Message edited by: dockingbay97 ]

code red shockwave
06-01-2004, 08:59 AM
I don't know who would win between these two, but I bet you Apocalypse would interfere and kill the both of them. :D

dockingbay97
06-01-2004, 09:06 AM
I actually thought about throwing Apocalypse (my other favorite baddie) into the mix but I am not for sure if he can hang with the other two for very long. I mean he is a bad .... but those other two are pretty darn powerful.

Tattoo Shane
06-01-2004, 09:17 AM
THANOS! THANOS! THANOS! THANOS! THANOS!THANOS! THANOS! if for no other reason than he's my favorite. :D

Druss
06-01-2004, 09:45 AM
I don't know a great deal about the two expect they are both quite powerfull.

Darkseid is strong but if I'm not mistaken a lot of his strength comes from his vast minions, lackeys, etc. Thanos is a powerhouse loner and does things on his own.

Straight up, 1 on 1 with no outside help I would take Thanos.

In a no holds barred anything goes I would take Darkseid.

Apocalypse is great but he's not at the level of those two.

KtownJoes
06-01-2004, 09:56 AM
DC Madness!!

All hail Galactus.. Eater of Planets !!

thebigzakbowski
06-01-2004, 10:00 AM
thanos because doomsday owned darkseid when they fought

dockingbay97
06-01-2004, 10:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KtownJoes:
DC Madness!!

All hail Galactus.. Eater of Planets !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanos isn't DC.

And Galactus is more than a tad powerful than either of these two. Gotta make it a little fairer than that.

dockingbay97
06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
thanos because doomsday owned darkseid when they fought<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really I wasn't aware of that. I picked up one of those new Jim Lee Superman books last week and say Darkseid now has an army of Doomsday soldiers.

joeboy75
06-01-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanos. DC is lame. Well, except for
Batman.

thebigzakbowski
06-01-2004, 11:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dockingbay97:

Really I wasn't aware of that. I picked up one of those new Jim Lee Superman books last week and say Darkseid now has an army of Doomsday soldiers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i havent read any nonjoe books in awhile but it was in superman/doomsday hunter, prey. a three part series. almost killed him superman and a living computer called mother box saved him at the end darkseid captured doomsday with the omaga rays somehow

brad
06-01-2004, 01:42 PM
darkseid!
thanos is a wuss.
darkseid would use his omega blast and scatter thanos' atoms all over the universe.
case closed.

robertpaulsen
06-01-2004, 03:28 PM
nope case not closed smile.gif

in one of his own mini-series Thanos killed

EVERY SINGLE PERSON

on a planet KNOWN for its warriors and savages

all with his bare hands :D

I think that says a lot ;)

brad
06-01-2004, 04:42 PM
but all darkseid has to do is look at him and hes toast.

robertpaulsen
06-01-2004, 05:10 PM
who said darkseid would get that chance tongue.gif

dockingbay97
06-01-2004, 05:12 PM
picture added :D

joeboy75
06-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Check Thanos out in that pic, what a bada$$!! He'd definatly toast Dorkseid.

Spillspleen
06-01-2004, 09:27 PM
Omega beams any one....those eye lasers of Darkside would melt anyone who comes near him...they are stronger than Superman’s heat vision....Darkside is the leader of a planet of warriors and fends off another planet of gods....can Thanos conquer a world...let alone run it...and fend of the New Gods....nope sorry...Darkside wins hands down!!

dockingbay97
06-01-2004, 09:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spillspleen:
Omega beams any one....those eye lasers of Darkside would melt anyone who comes near him...they are stronger than Superman’s heat vision....Darkside is the leader of a planet of warriors and fends off another planet of gods....can Thanos conquer a world...let alone run it...and fend of the New Gods....nope sorry...Darkside wins hands down!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But from http://thanos.crowfans.com/Thanos2.html#powers

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>What are his powers and abilities?:

As a Titanian-Eternal, Thanos was destined to be powerful by nature. Most Eternals have some level of Superhuman strength, and the ability to manipulate cosmic energy for attack or defense. Thanos, however, was a mutant, and was born with even more potential than the average Eternal. Thanos further augmented himself after his banishment from Titan using both mystic and scientific means, increasing his already formidable might to nearly incalculable levels. Through meditation he honed and increased his latent telepathic powers, becoming a formidable psionic opponent. He also sharpened his energy manipulation abilities to great effect, even deveoping the ability to disrupt/manipulate matter. His powers were again increased by Death when she returned him to life, giving him the might to fight such powerful beings as Tyrant, and Odin (King of Norse Gods) on nearly even ground. His body is tremendously resistant to injury, can go without food, water and even air for an indefinate period. His body is also able to withstand a total vaccum (such as in deep space), and is incredibly strong. His exact strength level is unknown, but it seems he might be as strong as or stronger than such heroes as the Hulk or Thor. His abilities to manipulate cosmic energy have been increased to a staggering degree, and he can utilize it to grant himself near-invulnerability, or to project the energy from his eyes or hands in the form of light, heat or concussive force. He is also highly intelligent, with a highly cunning and logical mind. He possesses not only the Advanced knowledge of the Titans, but also technology and skills gained from all over the Universe. He is obsessed with knowledge, as he believes that knowledge is power. Thanos is also a hightly skillled combatant, possessing knowledge of many different styles of combat from throughout the universe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds impressive to me Omega beams or not.

And the fight is one on one not one vs an army.

Spillspleen
06-02-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanos however does not rule anything but his bad attitude...while Darkside rules an entire planet...so that would seem to put the odds in Darksides favor as the power needed to do this and maintain control would be indefinite, both on a physical and intellectual level...plus as I mentioned Apocalypse is continually at war with another plant called New Genesis. This planet is home to the new gods…all of whom are the mightiest being the galaxy has ever known. With this in mind their inability to conquer Apocalypse says something for the individual power of Darkside. While Thanos might be as strong as Thor or the Hulk (debatable) Darkside is more powerful than a handful of gods (the New Gods) again making him, Darkside, the winner hands down.

Gemini Matrix
06-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Thanos. Just find him more cunning than Darkseid.

brad
06-02-2004, 07:03 PM
this reminds me of the age old debate me and my unenlightened friends(marvel fans) have always had Who would win Batman or Wolverine.
Them fools always argue but they dont see its a no brainer Batman would ultimately win the battle even though wolverine would not be punked out he would give batman a run for his money.
Winner Bats

Deadshot
06-02-2004, 07:30 PM
I would have to side with Thanos.

Were talkin about some one here that has gone toe-to-toe with most of Galactus' Hearalds, and many of the other Power Cosmically empowered beings with in the Marvel U.

Darksied is powerfull and all But if Doomsday can give him a whuppin... Thanos would carve him a new one for sure.

joeboy75
06-02-2004, 07:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brad:
this reminds me of the age old debate me and my unenlightened friends(marvel fans) have always had Who would win Batman or Wolverine.
Them fools always argue but they dont see its a no brainer Batman would ultimately win the battle even though wolverine would not be punked out he would give batman a run for his money.
Winner Bats<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm a diehard Marvel guy without much love for DC, but you're right, Batman for sure. Now, back to the subject at hand...

Arashikage_Tengu
06-02-2004, 09:49 PM
I'll have to go with Darkseid. Why? I just like his color scheme better. Thanos is just to colorful, for my taste. However, someone mentioned throwing Apocalypse into the mix. If that happened, I would go with Apocalypse.

Gemini Matrix
06-03-2004, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arashikage_Tengu:
I'll have to go with Darkseid. Why? I just like his color scheme better. Thanos is just to colorful, for my taste. However, someone mentioned throwing Apocalypse into the mix. If that happened, I would go with Apocalypse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd way to win a battle? By color choice.
:D

Arashikage_Tengu
06-04-2004, 09:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gemini Matrix:

Odd way to win a battle? By color choice.
:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Choosing a winner by the color scheme is very logical. Thanos dresses like he's been on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". Anyone that dresses like that is a total loser.

dockingbay97
06-04-2004, 10:11 PM

Choosing a winner by the color scheme is very logical. Thanos dresses like he's been on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". Anyone that dresses like that is a total loser.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow :rolleyes:

Gemini Matrix
06-05-2004, 12:07 PM

Choosing a winner by the color scheme is very logical. Thanos dresses like he's been on "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy". Anyone that dresses like that is a total loser.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanos has been on Queer Eye? Well shouldn't he a 70's look with open shirt with hot pink glasses.

curmudgeon
06-05-2004, 03:42 PM
Look at Darkseid's phallic-looking hood. He looks like a big weenie. Both of them are dressed like queers, therefore the battle would result in a draw.

Alkie Ewok
06-08-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm going with Thanos just b/c that action figure has the cooler pose. It reminds me of the dude from Bloodsport pointing at Van Damne then doing the "throat slash".