View Full Version : Any Jimi Hendrix Fans?

My Generation Toys
05-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I'm a huge classic rock fan. I love the stuff from the late 60's to early 70's.

I have this antique victrola from the 1930's and I played some records on it. Really cool stuff... Doors, Beatles, Janis, Stones etc.

Then came across my Jimi Hendrix "Gloria" 45. It was only released in the UK in very small quantities. Not many people know this version of this song. It is Jimi's version of Gloria that practically everyone covered in that time.

Anyway, if you have a chance go and download it. You may or may not have a hard time getting it, but it's worth it.
Awesome song.

Kir Kanos
05-22-2004, 06:03 PM
the stones rule sigfrido, have most of their stuff

bigklop
05-23-2004, 06:20 AM
I love Hendrix, and all the 60's 70's rock. Stones, Zep, etc. My favorite is probably The Who. "Who's next" is an amazing album, Keith Moon is an absolute monster on the drums......

GungHo
05-23-2004, 06:49 AM
BIG Hendrix and classic rock fan here....... Blue Oyster Cult,Doobie Brothers,Pink Floyd,Cream,Deep Purple,Jefferson Airplane, etc.

thorn
05-23-2004, 07:22 AM
i like hendrix.
any of you have the jimi figure??
hehe i have the one we heads are calling "larry"
he doesn't look anything like Jerry. mine lost his glasses so he looks even worse.
"your majestic cackling hen intrigues me"

"you will never hear surf music again"

My Generation Toys
05-23-2004, 07:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigklop:
I love Hendrix, and all the 60's 70's rock. Stones, Zep, etc. My favorite is probably The Who. "Who's next" is an amazing album, Keith Moon is an absolute monster on the drums......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't believe I left them out!! I love The Who! The Doors & The Who are tied as my favorites. Moon is the best drummer that I've ever seen.

There's a DVD called "The Who: Thirty Years of Rock..." It's got performances of the band through out their career. It's awesome! The best is Young Man Blues and the Pete Townsend solo in that song is one of the best. Mike you should check out that DVD.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one that loves this era of rock.

thebigzakbowski
05-23-2004, 12:13 PM
big hendrix fan here
greatest musician out of seattle (well renton, and sorry kurt)

Jason W.
05-24-2004, 01:38 PM
Would it be possible to make a custom Hendrix 101st airborne trooper. Anyone have any ideas on what body parts to use?

thorn
05-24-2004, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Would it be possible to make a custom Hendrix 101st airborne trooper. Anyone have any ideas on what body parts to use? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

use the jimi figure and make him an outfit.

My Generation Toys
05-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Wait, so did any of you download the song? Did you like it?

Darko
05-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Hendrix rules, but for me, Floyd will always be top of the heap.