View Full Version : eBay safeharbor emailed me...

The Faceless Master
06-09-2004, 08:35 PM
... saying there was some fraudelent eBay activity linked to my eBay accout & email. There was a link on the email asking me to enter my eBayID & password. It also said that IF i didnt respond in 72 hours they are terminating my account.

I smell a fraudulent email, that this didnt really originate from eBay. Is there someplace I can ask about this? :confused:

Jeff Bohn
06-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Forward it to spoof@ebay.com

dockingbay97
06-09-2004, 08:53 PM
I get at least one of these per day - usually 2 or 3

THEY ARE ALL FAKE

acmirro
06-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Ignore it.

mrandjr
06-10-2004, 09:07 AM
I never open those things. If you are concerned that any might be true just log into your ebay account and check things out.

I get at least 1 like that a day as well.

gargoyle
06-10-2004, 10:02 AM
i alsojust started to get these around feb or march so i went open my ebay acct and did a new pasword and did a 9.00 payment and contacted ebay about this email. i havent had any problems yet from this.

KtownJoes
06-10-2004, 11:51 AM
I get several of those a week also. If you are not sure if something is real or not you can forward it to spoof@ebay.com. They will let you know if it is fake or not.

I send them tons of those fakes, but they keep on coming... LOL

thorn
06-10-2004, 03:24 PM
just got that today- interesting scam- telling me someone is hijacking my ebay account so i can give them my ebay account so they can hijack it!
LAME!

Rapid Fire
06-10-2004, 04:15 PM
i have been getting those and i just ignore them! be careful though, i got one the other day that had a trojan virus in it!

The Faceless Master
06-10-2004, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rapid Fire:
i have been getting those and i just ignore them! be careful though, i got one the other day that had a trojan virus in it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ribbed or flavored? :D

*sorry sorry* couldnt resist

Anyways thanks for the help guys, I forwarded it to spoofs@ebay.com & they emailed me back saying that YES it is indeed a FAKE email. Man that is frikking unbelieveable. They got the logo & the originator is the awconfirm thing too!! :eek:

Rapid Fire
06-10-2004, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donsbabyboo:

Ribbed or flavored? :D

*sorry sorry* couldnt resist

Anyways thanks for the help guys, I forwarded it to spoofs@ebay.com & they emailed me back saying that YES it is indeed a FAKE email. Man that is frikking unbelieveable. They got the logo & the originator is the awconfirm thing too!! :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EXTRA large :D

i got an email from ebay with a $5 giftcertificate? im wondering if thats legit or not! :confused:

[ June 10, 2004: Message edited by: Rapid Fire ]

dockingbay97
06-10-2004, 10:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donsbabyboo:

They got the logo & the originator is the awconfirm thing too!! :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you look at the full headers to the emails, you will see they originate from an eBay service other than eBay.

At this point if any regular user of this board thinks those emails are real, it would be really sad.

ImaWalkingCorpse
06-11-2004, 04:08 PM
All of you people get them 2 to 3 times a day?? lol I get one every 6 months.. and I do forward them to spoof..

KrymsynGardImmoral
06-11-2004, 06:53 PM
I get these constantly as well. The first one I got, I wasn't sure what to think, so i hit it and put the wrong Ebay password in, them a BS CC number, then a long string of curses for my other info. When it accepted it all, I knew it was fake.

I get another one that almost got me good. At least once a week, I get an ebay email that is titled QUESTION FROM EBAY MEMBER. When I open it, it is a request for a shipping quote from an Ebay member for an item that isn't mine, to a seller that isn't me. I get Ebay screw ups all the time on my auctions, in my store and what not, that I just assumed it was crossed wires. I never replied, but I just kept getting them. the emails were safe, or they wouldn't have been opened. One day, after getting a TON of them, I finally clicked the auction link to let the seller know i was getting his mail...The link too me to a virus. my Norton's lit up the screen, I was totally afraid to even touch the damn computer. Luckily Norton's caught it, but I had to delete some windowsNT file, dunno what it was, but now my computer doesn't save cookies. Kinda sucks, i have to log in to yoJoe and all the other forums every time I visit. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone?

joeboy75
06-11-2004, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by krymsyngard666:
I get these constantly as well. The first one I got, I wasn't sure what to think, so i hit it and put the wrong Ebay password in, them a BS CC number, then a long string of curses for my other info. When it accepted it all, I knew it was fake.

I get another one that almost got me good. At least once a week, I get an ebay email that is titled QUESTION FROM EBAY MEMBER. When I open it, it is a request for a shipping quote from an Ebay member for an item that isn't mine, to a seller that isn't me. I get Ebay screw ups all the time on my auctions, in my store and what not, that I just assumed it was crossed wires. I never replied, but I just kept getting them. the emails were safe, or they wouldn't have been opened. One day, after getting a TON of them, I finally clicked the auction link to let the seller know i was getting his mail...The link too me to a virus. my Norton's lit up the screen, I was totally afraid to even touch the damn computer. Luckily Norton's caught it, but I had to delete some windowsNT file, dunno what it was, but now my computer doesn't save cookies. Kinda sucks, i have to log in to yoJoe and all the other forums every time I visit. I have no idea how to fix it. Anyone?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have gotten the same kind of thing, sort of. I have the cookie problem with ebay, only it happens now and then,not all the time.

red25thta
06-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Get Spy Sweeper! Awesome program. If someone is spying on your puter it will let you know.