View Full Version : Batman vs Wolverine???? picture added

dockingbay97
06-02-2004, 09:29 PM
Since it was mentioned in my Thanos vs Darkseid thread, I thought I would start a Batman vs Wolverine thread just to keep the two threads seperate.

I like both characters a lot but I have to side with Wolverine.

Batman is really smart and very talented but in the end he is just a normal human.

I need to side with Wolverine's mutant abilities and those claws.

"I have claws and I can use them." - what a classic cheesy action figure that was.

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/batman0603b.jpg

[ June 03, 2004: Message edited by: dockingbay97 ]

thebigzakbowski
06-02-2004, 09:45 PM
batman, if he can kill a predator he'd own wolvie

Predator
06-02-2004, 09:45 PM
Batman would probably win,how? By capturing Wolverine somehow. If Wolverine ever got close enough he could deffinitly kill Batman, but Batman wouldnt let that happen.

He would wrap his boomerang bat thing around Wolverine and nab him with a tranqulizer. Then throw him in a all cement cell so he cant get out.

Wolverine cant be touched with in battle, but he can be tookin out from a far away distance.

Arashikage_Tengu
06-02-2004, 09:47 PM
DARKCLAW (http://www.andelman.com/mrmedia/97/darkclaw.gif) would wipe the floor with both of them. Okay, you have an intellect, a feral, and a intellect/feral amalgamtion. Batman would fall victim to the two ferals. Next, it would be a heated fight between Wolverine and Darkclaw. However, with the knowledge Darkclaw has from his Batman half, he would eventually subdue Wolverine.

[ June 02, 2004: Message edited by: Arashikage_Tengu ]

Druss
06-03-2004, 07:25 AM
In a realistic fight.....niether as both are way over hyped and over done by their respective writers.

If it happened in a DC book then Batman would win, in a Marvel book then Wolverine would win.

Wolverine is overrated to begin with, Batman would take him out. He wouldn't rush in and go right after him, he would study him and learn about his healing factor and take that into account.

Batman is a better fighter by far, Wolverine's claws would not get a chance to do their damage. Batman would fight and tire out Wolverine, even rendering him unconcious with repeated blows to the head.

If he wanted to kill him I'm sure he could find a way. Wolverine's healing ability has also been overexagerated, if the flesh was stripped from a arm would he regenerate fast enough to not die of blood loss?

What about if he drowned? If you can't breath you can't breath, your brain dies, game over. I'm sure they would spin it so that wouldn't kill him but I digress.

ChrisNeal
06-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Wolverine.

No matter how much Batman learns about Wolvie, Wolvie would always one up him.

So size the 2 up for a second, who has the advantage in what department:
Batman:
Nifty Gadgits
Intellect
Patients
Robin (snickers)

Wolverine:
Mutant Healing Factor
Adamintium Claws and skeleton
Speed
Strength
and last but not least. A hightened Sense of smell and hearing. (which would probably be his biggest advantage over Batman)

Now while Batman maybe able to outthink Wolverine. There is no stoping the man with claws. 1 person has been able to capture him, why? because he controls metal (magneto)
Compair the Villans that Wolvie has beat to the ones Batman has beat.
Wolverine:
Sabertooth
Magneto (when wolvie had his adamintium ripped out)
Lady Death Strike
Omega Red

Batman:
Penguin
Joker
Riddler
Bane (only after being broken in half by him)

Now if wolvie can beat someone like Magneto who is not only smart but also one of the most powerful mutants, Batman does not stand a chance. Batman doesnt stand a chance agianst any of the listed Wolvie foe's. Batmans biggest threat was Bane and bane broke batman, even though Batman did come back and finally win. Wolverine would DESTROY Bane in a heartbeat. Batman is a mear mortal. Wolverine would be the victor.

So my guess in the fight Batman would be able to keep on his toes and trick wolvie a few times. wolverine would grow wise and corner the Dark Knight, then it would be all over. Soon as Wolvie gets his hands on him, and you know it would happen. Cause no Batarang rope would keep him down long enough for Batman to get ahold of him.

Wolvie over Batman.

brad
06-03-2004, 09:20 AM
i read somewhere that batman when he fights he has like multiple back up plans for each of the openents moves that they are gonna do in otherwords he is always anticipating what they are gonna do and has a plan to stop that move.
Batman is also peak human ability and he is master at all martial arts.
he has the training and the experience to win.

robertpaulsen
06-03-2004, 09:54 AM
Batman

and I'm a wolverine fan redface.gif

Deogg
06-03-2004, 10:29 AM
I'd take the brains over the brawn anyday.

Batman all the way.

GungHo
06-03-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm a Marvel comics fan....and I do like Wolvie........but in a fight with Batman there is one clear winner.....BATMAN....anytime!

Druss
06-03-2004, 01:03 PM
I've gotta quote a few things from above.....

Batman:
Nifty Gadgits
Intellect
Patients
Robin (snickers)

Don't forget....

Speed & Fighting Ability, these are huge. Also the Gadgets is a huge asset in his case.

As for Wolverine, I can't see him being faster than Batman, stronger...marginally but they are both HUman in that respect so it won't be anything Batman hasn't faced before.

The Villians defeated isn't a fair assessment, you could add quite a few to each list that would cause problems for the other. How would Batman fare against Clayface? Without being able to outthink him and nullifying the Claw advantage Clayface could just gloop all over Wolvie and Suffocate him.

Wolverine has beaten Magneto before, a few times if I recall but mainly when a big fight is going on and he more or less sucker punches him. How else would you explain how someone filled with metal could beat the Master of Magnetism? You just know Batman would think of some great little gadget to counter Magneto and take him out with a wooden batarang.

The big flaw in the whole argument is that there would actually be a fight that would determine the winner.

For some reason they do get into it, without the intelligence on his subject Batman would feel him out and escape from the contest. He would then scope out Wolverine and learn everything about him. Assuming he wanted to take Wolverine out it wouldn't even come down to a fight. A poison dart from long distance, Batarang, wiat till he falls down drunk, etc.

Batman is far smarter, if the foe is greater physically then he is then obviously he won't just walk into the fight, he will think his way into the victory.

backinblack
06-03-2004, 04:00 PM
everytime i play out batman vs wolverine with my toys somehow storm shadow always wins??? jks batmans cool but wolverine is rough didn't ne oen watch x men 2 ? wolverine kicks ass batman would take a few rounds but wolverine would win the war

Gemini Matrix
06-03-2004, 04:34 PM
For some reason I just keep seeing Wolverine winning. Everyone states if Batman studies his opponent he can beat them. Well that's true for anyone.

I just see the 2 of them suddenly dropped into some limbo plain by the Grandmaster. For a good ole fist a cuffs. Wolverine just got too much at his disposal and overrun Batman before he would have time to think out something. Dealing with an unfamiliar foe. Everthing BATs would have on his person just couldn't with stand the onslaught of Wolverine's razor sharp admantium claws.

thebigzakbowski
06-03-2004, 04:38 PM
batman would waste wolverine, how many times has bats beaten several guys who are more powerful? Wolverine would get the snot kicked outta him and batman would have a scratch or two. a predator has to be tougher than wolverine.

dockingbay97
06-03-2004, 05:04 PM
picture added

dockingbay97
06-03-2004, 05:19 PM
hardmaster,

The Batman is from the current Mattel line.

Sorry I couldn't respond to your pm - it was eaten

Obiwanjacoby
06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Go read the Hush series and then make your decision. If Batman stood off Big Blue the way he did, Wolvie would be a cinch!

It's simple, if Batman knows about Wolvie's strengths/weaknesses, then Batman would win.

Wolverine's heightened senses would be a disavantage to him that Batman could easily exploit.

If they never met, Wolvie would win!

-PJ

[ June 03, 2004: Message edited by: Obiwanjacoby ]

Deadshot
06-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I am gonna have to go with Wolverine here. Sure Bats is a great fighter and all and has beaten opponents more powerful than him. However in a long drawn out battle Wolvie's healing factor and life experiance ( He's got what... 100 years more than ol Bats) would be be key factors in his beating the snot outta Batman

and Prediters aint that tough... even Danny Glover can beat one... try taking on a 6 pack of Sentinals.

Fenway
06-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Well Batman is a smart tough dude, but Wolverine has taken on many more dangerous foes than batman.

wolvie is a trained martial artist as well, and fights as dirty and efficiently as anyone.

in close Wolverine would kill batman, and remember this, wolverine wouldn't just let batman abuse him from a distance either.

Both are great fighters, but who they fight, who they are is really like comparing apples to oranges.

Batman vs Daredevil....

Wolverine vs Sabertooth....

more comparable in every way....

Druss
06-03-2004, 08:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Go read the Hush series and then make your decision. If Batman stood off Big Blue the way he did, Wolvie would be a cinch! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really a fair comment, as one writer stated the only way to make a Batman vs Superman fight interesting is to make it so Superman really doesn't want to kill to win. If the object was to kill than Batman would lose in a heart beat, in a fight where he pulls his punches and Batman can use the ol' Kryptonite gloves trick then he has a chance.

estro
06-03-2004, 09:35 PM
wolverine would kick batmans ass badly

Gemini Matrix
06-04-2004, 06:28 AM
I don't know why everyone is impressed with Bats beating Superman. He's a boyscout. If he would ever lose it. Batman would be a splatter on the wall.

Like someone already mentioned. If Danny Glover can beat a Predator who couldn't? :D

Plus all the years Wolverine has been alive. He's surely has more training than a guy that's not even in his 40s?

Obiwanjacoby
06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Druss:
Not really a fair comment<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh. . .yeah, it's totally fair if Supe's abilities are say. . .pulled back to the level of say. . .WOLVERINE. LOL! :D :D :D

Besides, Batman doesn't have to kill Wolvie immediately or even at all. Eveything used to bring Wolvie down in the Danger room in every ish of the Clairmont run can be miniaturized and stuck on a utility belt.

You could even make it as slapstick simple as Batman standing in front of an electrical socket; sidestepping the moment Wolvie lunges at him with his claws. There's a bunch of ways Batman can bring him down. Heck, if Gambit can do it. . . :rolleyes:

-PJ

brad
06-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Wolverine dont even remember half of that time last i knew he could have been a circus clown for all he knows
smile.gif

Biohazard
06-05-2004, 12:17 PM
i gotta go with batman. wolvie rushes into things too fast while batman studies things before getting involved. batman in 7 :D