Hasbro Paint [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hasbro Paint

yojoeshow
07-08-2004, 08:57 AM
I was messing around with my wave 7.5 Alley viper when I started to wonder what paint is used on the Joes because it seems to be durable and doesn't chip. Anyways I emailed Hasbro customer service and they emailed me back this morning saying they are actually going to get the answer from whoever does it. I was suprised I thought it would be a company secret, course it may be. I hope they let me in because I like painting my customs and I need something that won't chip. I can't wait for a response! :D

Kir Kanos
07-08-2004, 09:31 AM
Cool man, I have wondered the same thing before. It will be interesting to see what response you get. I assume they are painted with machines?

frenchy
07-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Good luck getting a straight answer. Im asuming you will get the run around... :rolleyes:

ArashikageArmTattoo
07-26-2004, 07:12 PM
I really hope you get the answer and wish you luck, I know this post is almost three weeks old, and havent seen anything as of this writing, but maybe an answer can still be had.

Again good luck, hopefully that information wont end up in a list like:

The Kennedy Assassination
Jimmy Hoffa
Elvis
Hasbro Paint.

thorn
07-26-2004, 11:34 PM
hey this is kind of second hand, but there was a guy wh ogave us pretty detailed info awhile back-
2 things i remember- evrything is painted by machine/ computer-
the paint is a type which is baked after being sprayed, that's why it is so tough!

yojoeshow
07-27-2004, 02:59 PM
I did get a response a day after I posted this thread. A lady named Jill replied saying she didn't know but would reply when she obtains the info. If she doesn't reply to me by the end of August, I think I'll reply asking if she picked up any info.

GILTYONE
07-28-2004, 08:21 AM
Post it when u get the info thank over and out

yojoeshow
08-16-2004, 08:12 PM
All right I tried Hasbro again, so hopefully I'll get a response tommorrow.

yojoeshow
08-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Well I got my response. Kinda disappointing but here it is:
"Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We appreciate your interest in our company and the products we manufacture.
Unfortunately the information you have requested is considered to be proprietary. We are unable to share it with you.
We thank you for your understanding. We hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come."

frenchy
08-17-2004, 09:00 PM
I knew you wouldnt get a real answer. It would be silly of hasbro to let secrets like that out.