Some of my Repaint's [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Some of my Repaint's

zombieguide
07-02-2004, 09:46 AM
heres a solid tip: dont use enamals

red25thta
07-02-2004, 10:32 AM
OK I'll remember that. I am not into painting fig's. I'm not talented like that I'll leave it to the pro's here. On those I used the Krylon Fusion Spray's and acrilic(sp?) for the highlight's. I have a friend working on some sicker's for me.

Frezeboogz
07-02-2004, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zombieguide:
heres a solid tip: dont use enamals<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could u care to explain this alittle more ZOmbie??

Also while ur at it...what would be the best type of paint to touch up my figures?

-THanks

red25thta
07-02-2004, 12:25 PM
repaint's (http://groups.msn.com/gijoe/shoebox.msnw)

OK getting the Hang of my New Camara and posting Pic's. I am not finished with any of them. I got some tip's today on how to finish them off to look better. (Thanks John!) But any comment's are welcomed. If they suck tell me. I've just started doing this so I can only get better I hope? (G)

[ July 03, 2004: Message edited by: red25thta ]

red25thta
07-03-2004, 08:06 PM
bump with some more pic's added. Remember these are pretty much my first batch and only my 3rd day with the Camara. (Maybe I'll read the instructions soon (G) )

Freudiandave
07-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Use acryllic paints. I'd try to find a store that sells pewter miniatures, and look for brands like Vallejo or Ral Partha (if you can find them). I'm not sure how much of an authority I am, though. I don't paint joes, just other types of military or fantasy stuff that I can find (so the same idea without articulation, I guess). Use a good sealer, too. Testors has a good matt sealer, or you might want to go with a semi-gloss for joe stuff (which is usually a little bit glossy). Try a few things, though, and don't get discouraged! Stick with it, and you'll find what you like.

Alyosha
07-04-2004, 01:48 AM
Not too shabby for your first time out. Try a couple of those things I suggested today, and you should be amazed at the bump in quality. Good, solid work. A+

red25thta
07-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Thanks bro and I will. Maybe you can start a post here describing some of the stuff you told me to help other Noob's. Plus it will give me a good place to look as a reminder (G)

zombieguide
07-04-2004, 07:14 AM
freeze, always always always go with acrylics.

1) their not so glossy

2) they can be scraped off if you make a mistake

3)check out the results: http://www.pinheadpins.com/workshop/gijoecustoms/

the results speak for themselves smile.gif

Frezeboogz
07-04-2004, 09:08 AM
Thanks ZOmbie....Good to know.

PS. HEY RED..i like that Japanese Theme. VEry cool :cool:

[ July 04, 2004: Message edited by: Frezeboogz ]

tommysalo
07-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Go to a comic/hobby shop that is heavy into Warhammer. In my brief warhammer/joecustom experience, those paints seemed to work the best and also come in the wides variety of colours. For tips and techniques, do a google search for Warhammer websites, you'll find a lot of great hints on there.

red25thta
07-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks. I was born in Tokyo so it hold's a place in my heart. My dad had that thing and I thought it would make a great piece. Better pic's to come soon.

Obiwanjacoby
07-05-2004, 09:41 AM
I can't see it very well. Is the Cobra Officer a custom? If it is, I wanna know how you duped the logo so well. Excellent job!

-PJ

red25thta
07-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Oh no he just who I was using to stand up the Claw's and I was seeing how good a pic I could get of him. I am still learning the camara.

[ July 05, 2004: Message edited by: red25thta ]