Funskool questions [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Funskool questions

Deadshot
07-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Ok I have a couple of em.

How many variations of certain figs are there?

( i am aware of the single bagged ones and how some of those are variations)

what are the more expensive ones and less expensive ?

and by that I mean ones not currently offerd on most online stores currently

figuresdirect.com
07-11-2004, 02:16 AM
check this out !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5908058160&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

acmirro
07-11-2004, 02:52 AM
Peter, some of the rarest figures out there are funskool. The Emerald Zap, for example is probably one of the rarest figures ever made. Some funskool figures are next to impossible. You need to be willing to spend a lot of money, and be very very lucky to ge them. And even having all the money in the world doesnt mean you will have an easy time finding them.

In my experience there are a few Thousand dollar figures (MOC). Emerald Zap, Blue Major Bludd, Red Shirt Buzzer, Red Stalker, Purple Ripper, MMS Hawk, for example are UBER Rare. I would say 10/10 on a rariety scale.

Then there are rare figures that are a few hundred. Yellow Torpedo, Blue Snake Eyes (Like the one in Walt's post) can be rather pricey.

Then you have the hard to find figures like Baroness, Zandar, Gung-Ho, Chuckles, Bats, General Hawk, and a few others.
They can range $30-$100.

As with any item, you can pay next to nothing, or get gouged on the price.

As for varations....I would say that almost every figure has a variant to it. Some, like Spearhead, has at least 5 variants.

Needless to say it is close to impossible to get them all.

Deadshot
07-11-2004, 05:26 PM
wow, thanks guys. I apreciate the insight. I was aware that some were super spendy. ( those will have to wait for a lil while).

I'm patient and do occasionally get lucky, so for now i guess I'll stick to the ones that I can afford... but still be on the lookout for the more rare ones.

joeboy75
07-11-2004, 05:28 PM
AC, how would some of these older Funskool compare to the Argentina series 2?

acmirro
07-11-2004, 09:56 PM
AC, how would some of these older Funskool compare to the Argentina series 2?

I would say that they would rate pretty equal in terms of rariety. Some of the Funskool figures could be even rarer than the Argen Seven.

I have a Funskool figure in my possession now that I am have never even heard of before. It could be a legitimate figure, or a head swap...I stil dont know. I think there may be a few other Funskool figures, and certainly variants that are not documented yet.

Volleydan
07-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I would have to agree with AC on this. I have been shopping for foreign Joes for several years now, and while I have seen several Argen 7 figures sold on EBay and at shows, I have NEVER seen a single (MOC or loose) blue Hawk, blue Short Fuze, red Stalker, purple Ripper, red Buzzer, or blue Major Bludd.

There are a couple of rarer funskool figs I was lucky enough to land, like the red/yellow Beach Head and the Zap figure with Steeler head, but I have never seen another since I got those. I also landed a Supercop figure a while back that you don't see too often. Once in a while a loose Superhero figure pops up, but I'm waiting for one MOC.

Many of the recent Funskool figs are plentiful and cheap. Most can be picked up for a few dollars at just about any time on EBay. I will pick up one if the color scheme intrigues me, but I mostly ignore them.