online stores [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : online stores

BelgianGabber
07-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Well, I had some time and was browsing a couple online retailers. Man was I shocked. I've seen 400$ for a Cobra de Aco. Ok, this figure is rare, but even in not so good shape it was still well over a 100$. Then, a vintage yak face, 250! I just sold one for 90! Ok, now on ebay, prices will vary and it's always 'risky'. But do people really buy such high priced items? It seems that on more 'rare' or higher priced items, prices really are too high. Just wondering if they'd really sell such stuff...

(ps, I'm not saying all online retailers ask this prices, it's not an attack, just wondering if it gets really sold)

My Generation Toys
07-11-2004, 10:36 PM
The Aco that you saw was on Brianstoys.com... was it not? It's been in inventory for quite some time.

Sometimes people pay high for such items. It may be high, but if it's a reputable seller, then the general consensus is that it's a safe buy.

joeboy75
07-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Brians Toys does manage to sell his really high priced items. I saw that he had sold a Crimson Strike Team for 750. He has one now priced at 1200!!!!

Kir Kanos
07-13-2004, 09:13 PM
$1200 for a strike team? yeesh, its cool to make money on stuff, but wow! I wonder if Brian Semling goes to any toy shows. I would be curious to meet him.

BIGFAN
07-14-2004, 03:54 AM
he was in orlando where he won said strike team for 400.00

BelgianGabber
07-14-2004, 06:53 AM
Yeah it was that store I meant. Don't get it how he can sell a lot, you can find most of his stuff with other retailers for less...

My Generation Toys
07-14-2004, 03:05 PM
he was in orlando where he won said strike team for 400.00

So, he won it? In an auction?

I've met Brian quite a few times. He's a nice guy. I used to see him at the Kane County Show as a buyer and was at his booth when he started selling. He's come a long way and has his core clientel.

BelgianGabber
07-14-2004, 05:23 PM
He'll prolly be a good guy, but some of his prices are inhuman if you ask me. But then again, if he sells it...

Snake-eyes01
07-15-2004, 12:26 AM
He's got a HUGE online business, I imagine he's got quite a few employees working for him! I wonder when he first got started if he ever thought his business would be as large as it has become? Yea, his prices are high on some items, then on the other hand if you keep your eyes peeled you can occasionally find some pretty cheap items as well! I believe it was around 2 years ago that a friend of mine purchased an 85 Snake Eyes MOC (Beautiful Card) for around the $250 range, try finding one on Ebay for that price!