I'm new to comics, where do I start??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : I'm new to comics, where do I start???

Blayloxzuess
07-12-2004, 12:24 AM
I am a big GI Joe figure collector, but I haven't been into the comics. After going to this last convention, I want to get started into the comics. What are the differences between the different comics? And which ones should I buy? Any help or suggetions would be appreciated.

Thanks

frozen_nd
07-12-2004, 12:37 AM
. .

Blayloxzuess
07-12-2004, 12:41 AM
I'm looking for comics to read & understand more of the storyline. Not really concerned with collecting for any value.

curmudgeon
07-12-2004, 02:15 AM
For sure start with the old Marvel series written by Larry Hama. Start wherever you want; it's easy enough to pick up on the storylines in the middle of an arc. The special missions series were usually self-contained stories, so you might want to start there if you are concerned with starting in the middle of a storyline.

The Larry Hama original GI Joe series is just fantastic...that series and the old Kubert-drawn Sgt. Rocks are like comic book gold to me :)

Despite myself I even grew to like the Haunted Tank series as well.

Fire Viper
07-12-2004, 02:02 PM
The best issues is around issue 44 and up, there are five tpbs, that Marvel send out, they collect ten issues each, try start with the first one.

frozen_nd
07-12-2004, 08:26 PM
. .

Blayloxzuess
07-12-2004, 09:49 PM
cool, Thanks guys for the advice :-)