Question about using YOJOE pictures on auctions: [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Question about using YOJOE pictures on auctions:

*Loki*
07-12-2004, 09:46 AM
I have a question regarding the ethics of this particular subject. After my divorce, I have yet to invest in another digital camera. However, I still have a ton of figs and accessories to sell. Is it ethical to post an auction with the following disclaimer on ebay:

The following picture was taken from www.yojoe.com for evaluation of the product you will be receiving. This was done due to lack of digital camera. Conditions will closely resemble that of the picture. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the product you will receive, you may return for a 100% no questions asked refund. Thank you!

Now.....If I were to post an auction with that disclaimer would it be ethical. I do not have any auctions running now, but was curious if I could get the board monitors to answer or someone with inside knowledge.

Thank you guys!

Lance *Loki*

Jeff Bohn
07-12-2004, 10:06 AM
As long as that's clearly stated in the auction (as well as 'used with permission'), I wouldn't have a problem with it. Make sure you let us know your eBay ID so we don't ask eBay to remove the auctions.

Thanks for asking!
Jeff

*Loki*
07-12-2004, 10:27 AM
I truly appreciate the response. It is something I am looking to do in the future. I just wanted to double check all my bases beforehand, and know the proper procedure for handling this.

Thank you again for your quick response.

Lance *Loki*

BelgianGabber
07-12-2004, 10:30 AM
If you don't need to sell asap, I'd wait. I think you will make more using your own pictures. If you will be getting a camera in a while, I'd wait...

Just my two cents :)

frenchy
07-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Im with the Belgain Gabbler. A lot of people are leery of auctions when the exact item isn't pitcured. If you plan on selling a lot then you should get a camera. If your only selling a little...well then you won't lose out as much.

red25thta
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I agree with them. It's better to use your own pics. But as long as you state it up front and yojoe let's you. Do your best to be as honest as possable and put any differance's in HUGE BOLD letters.

*Loki*
07-12-2004, 02:54 PM
Well,

I have ALOT of respect for Steve French's opinion. I guess I'll go through the route of repurchasing another digital camera. (I was trying to avoid the expense). But you make a good point guys. I was trying to follow their rules as ethically as possible, however, I believe you are correct. It might pay for itself by listing actual pictures.

Anybody have a cheap digital camera for sale?....lol

*Loki*

Jeff Bohn
07-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Anybody have a cheap digital camera for sale?....lol

*Loki*A broken one. :D

I just recently replaced my fujifilm finepix 2300 camera that broke for about $85, wasn't a bad deal at all. Not useful for zooming in on something far away, but works well for other things. Most of the accessory pics on the site are done on a scanner though.

BelgianGabber
07-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Well, I have no clue what the difference is between a scanner (unless it's a regular pc scanner lol) and a digital camera... Can anyone fill me in?

gsmiley007
07-12-2004, 03:21 PM
I really like seeing what I'm actually buying. So using a yojoe pic might not be as good unless both are present.

Also i really hate sellers stealing pics and claiming it be theres. If they are willing to steal pictures, then they might be willing to go further by misrepresenting items.

Some seller stole one of my auction pics. So you should also mark any pictures you take as yours.