Cobra Commander or Serpentor [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Commander or Serpentor

Dark Goji Lord
07-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Whitch Cobra ruler do you like better Cobra Commander or Serpentor?

Dark Goji Lord
07-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Cobra Commander is better in my opinion.

Propadeutic
07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Dick Gautier is one of my favorite voice actors, but I've always enjoyed watching Cobra Commander more.

As for leadership, the first season often left the impression that the Cobra organization might be able to take over the world if not for the ineptitude of Cobra Commander. In contrast, the second season left the impression that Serpentor might be able to take over the world if not for the ineptitude of the Cobra organization.

Dark Goji Lord
07-12-2004, 01:06 PM
I always thought CC had a better chance of winning for example in Glamour Girls CC wanted to steal an item that was defensless but Serpentor would rather make a deal with the person.

frenchy
07-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Definetely Cobra Commander

Kir Kanos
07-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Cobra Commander. I like the concept of Serpentor, but Cobra Commander built Cobra into the ruthless, terrorist organization that required the formation of the joe team to defeat it. The cartoons, while fun to watch, don't do CC justice. He is a very capable adversary to the joes, but the good guys always win in the end!

Robot Rabbit
07-12-2004, 02:56 PM
Cobra Commander, all the way!!!

I always loved the way he'd blame things on Destro.

yojoeshow
07-12-2004, 03:17 PM
CC > Serpentor

shmoomonkey
07-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Whitch Cobra ruler do you like better Cobra Commander or Serpentor?

Cobra Commander, without question. In the comic, he was definitely not inept or harmless; and in the first cartoon series, you can see that they (for a while) continued to paint him as a serious, deadly foe.

RAH even had several instances of Cobras buying the farm, and use of the words kill, death, and die (a big no-no in cartoons, even back then).

I just wish he'd stayed that way; but it was, after all, a cartoon. They couldn't make him TOO vicious (though konking Destro in the melon with his sceptre, I thought, was a superb example of why no one should ever turn their back on him).

Dark Goji Lord
07-12-2004, 05:03 PM
I loved it in Sins of the Fathers how he planned to kill Serpentor I wish he succeded.

Navajo
07-12-2004, 05:06 PM
For sure Cobra Commander

Dark Goji Lord
07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Another thing I hated was how CC was only in a few episodes in season 2.

Propadeutic
07-12-2004, 11:38 PM
I beg to differ. CC spoke in 16 season 2 episodes compared to Serpentor's 19, and spoke 207 lines compared to Serpentor's 225. The two were very closely balanced. (The totals are even closer if you count the Movie.) Only Hawk and Dr. Mindbender had significantly more lines. Mind you, there are a lot of things I dislike about season 2, but all the leaders except Destro and Duke got their fair share of screen time.

Arashikage_Tengu
07-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Cobra Commander. I like the concept of Serpentor, but Cobra Commander built Cobra into the ruthless, terrorist organization that required the formation of the joe team to defeat it. The cartoons, while fun to watch, don't do CC justice. He is a very capable adversary to the joes, but the good guys always win in the end!
Cobra Commander, without question. In the comic, he was definitely not inept or harmless; and in the first cartoon series, you can see that they (for a while) continued to paint him as a serious, deadly foe.

RAH even had several instances of Cobras buying the farm, and use of the words kill, death, and die (a big no-no in cartoons, even back then).

I just wish he'd stayed that way; but it was, after all, a cartoon. They couldn't make him TOO vicious (though konking Destro in the melon with his sceptre, I thought, was a superb example of why no one should ever turn their back on him).I vote Cobra Commander for the same reasons they stated.

Dark Goji Lord
07-13-2004, 07:45 AM
I beg to differ. CC spoke in 16 season 2 episodes compared to Serpentor's 19, and spoke 207 lines compared to Serpentor's 225. The two were very closely balanced. (The totals are even closer if you count the Movie.) Only Hawk and Dr. Mindbender had significantly more lines. Mind you, there are a lot of things I dislike about season 2, but all the leaders except Destro and Duke got their fair share of screen time.
Wow I didn't know that to bad CC lost most his pride in season 2 right?

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-13-2004, 08:06 AM
Cobra Commander! Simply because I have a bit of a problem with guys dressing up! ;)

viperguy
07-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Serpentor all the way, He is much better looking, all though Commander is pretty funny.

Dark Goji Lord
07-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Yah though CC is smarter thats why he killed Serpentor.

nooter
07-14-2004, 10:33 AM
no question - cobra commander.

Kir Kanos
07-14-2004, 03:48 PM
I also love CC's voice, probably the best voice in a 'toon ever, imo. Serpentor's fit his personality well, but didn't compare to CC's. I love when CC laughs! When he laughs, I laugh too. Remember the episode where CC and Destro are on a ship, and Flint and the Baroness get a little too close? You can see Destro getting jealous, and Cobra Commander teases him about it, can't remember the exact quote.

Dark Goji Lord
07-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Well the episode is "Edu Corbra"I thinkhe says something really close to being sexually orientated but i forget it also.

shmoomonkey
07-14-2004, 06:10 PM
I love this episode; at one point, the rich guy's heavies throw Destro over the side. Destro is treading water as CC comes up on their boat and says something snide, I forget exactly what.
To which Destro replies with a shot just off the bow with one of his wrist rockets - suddenly the Commander just can't WAIT to get his good friend onboard.
That scene still cracks me up. We all know that at times the cartoon was a bit insipid, but then scenes like this one would cause me to forgive all.

('Oh, you mean this gate key...')

mack31
08-02-2004, 11:59 AM
no question cc allday anyday cobraaaaaaaa!

curmudgeon
08-02-2004, 03:05 PM
.................cc

the joe bandit
08-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Got to be the Commander

Scrapiron-Scavanger
08-02-2004, 06:49 PM
I go with Cobra Commander.

At first when Serpentor came out, the commercials for the comic made him rock. They made Cobra Commander out as a crazy lunitic that could no longer function throwing the globe and smashing it. The need for a new leader sounded good, and they portrayed Serpentor as a great leader that knew what he was doing. I can still hear the music of "Serpentor" in my head.

The cartoon ruined it for me. Constantly saying "This I Command!" and his ramblings, he was worse than Cobra Commanders ever was. Cobra Commander killed him off pretty quickly in my world, way before the ommic and cartoon.

On a side subject, I loved seeing Cobra Commander finnally stand up for himself in the Movie by screaming "Hogwash" when Serpentor was blaming everyone else for the failures, too bad no-one else had the guts to stand up to serpentor.

zartan74
08-06-2004, 12:22 PM
I will follow Cobra Commander to the end of the world............

primalprimeape
08-06-2004, 12:35 PM
Cobra commander all the way Reminds me of Starscream same whiny voice

Dreadnok4life
08-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Cobra Commander

Scrapiron-Scavanger
08-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Cobra commander all the way Reminds me of Starscream same whiny voice
LoL :D , probably because it was the same voice actor.

Navajo
08-06-2004, 10:25 PM
LoL :D , probably because it was the same voice actor.

Word! lol He was a wicked voice actor, That's why Starscream and CC were some of my favs!

crimson tide
08-07-2004, 09:50 AM
I have always been a fan of Cobra Commander, I think that Serpentor is okay, but Cobra Commander wins by a landslide!:D

H.Q.
09-01-2004, 12:26 PM
As long as Cobra Commander rules Cobra Command, the struggle will continue, as he'll not be able to succeed enough to end it. I think he's great fun, a very diverse character (when you look at both comic and cartoon).

Serpentor is probably a better ruler, if not for his lack of patience. I liked the portrayal of him in the Image comic. But the line 'this I command' could have stayed in the past as far as I'm concerned.

antybots
09-01-2004, 02:53 PM
I prefer the serpentor character but the cc figures.

Scrapiron-Scavanger
09-01-2004, 03:15 PM
I prefer the serpentor character but the cc figures.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

blackdragon
09-01-2004, 04:03 PM
i prefer serpentor cuz he's the emperor. have cobra commander be the second in command. or do what the comics did and have cobra commander be the cobra leader and serpentor the leader of the coil.

Duke Misterioso
09-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I like the two characters, but prefer Cobra Commander...