Subtitles/Closed Captioning Missing from DVD's *EDIT* VvV Has it. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Subtitles/Closed Captioning Missing from DVD's *EDIT* VvV Has it.

Arashikage_Tengu
07-13-2004, 12:53 AM
I have the Mini-Series Set1; The Movie; Spytroops; and Season 1, Part 1 & Season 1, part 2 all on DVD. I love them all. However, I have one complaint. They're not formatted for Closed Captioning or Subtitles. I'm not deaf, however, I always turn the subtitles on when watching a movie on DVD. Why? I have to boys, under the age of 5, that I turn it on to help teach them to read. Plus, I like to make sure that I don't miss a single word when I watch something.
Of course, this would also be beneficial for our hearing impaired fans of G.I. Joe.
I was wondering, does anyone know why they left this feature off of the DVD's, and is anyone here on the boards is hearing impaired?

*EDIT* See my post below about how VvV has Subtitles/Closed Captioning.

Propadeutic
07-13-2004, 11:19 AM
My hearing is just a little below average, but there's no excuse for a DVD not to have subtitles. It's really not that difficult, and it only takes about an hour to transcribe a twenty-minute episode.

I also agree with you on the educational aspect of subtitles, especially considering Cobra Commander's penchant for words like "exquisite," "interlopers," "pusillanimous," and "balderdash," and phrases such as "vile acts of base treason." Great stuff to work into your daily vocabulary.

frenchy
07-13-2004, 07:57 PM
I think its basically a corner cutting, cost saving, measure.

Arashikage_Tengu
09-14-2004, 08:13 PM
YAY !!! "VALOR VS VENOM" is formatted for both Subtitles and Closed Captioning.
Well, I guess I showed them. I raised my voice and was heard.
Actually, I figure this is due to Paramount backing the movie, somehow.
Anyways, Kudos to the inclusion of Subtitles and Closed Captioning. Now, I can further the reading education of my two sons.