My "Fully Loaded" Figure "Tornado" [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : My "Fully Loaded" Figure "Tornado"

Graz73
07-13-2004, 09:32 AM
Hi Check out this figure that I recently posted on the joecustoms.com site:

Back in the late 80s I enjoyed making customs with my friends. I had an idea to make a joe with all of the "special" parts: Repeater's waist, Nightviper's thigh, etc. But, back then, I didn't have the extra figures or parts necessary to make such a figure.

Jump ahead 15 years... Now, with internet trading, I've finally been able to patiently trade for parts. After almost 6 months, I've built my dream joe.
For now, I'm calling him "Tornado".

Tornado is an independant operator, who works with the Joes or Cobra, to reach his own goals. He arrives in the most hopeless situations with his wisecracking remarks, and off color humor, and turns the tide of battle with his personal arsonal of weaponry.

Intigrating many experimental military weapons from years past, he is a flurry of motion, guns blazing, grenades and missiles flying. Not even bothering to reload, Tornado just drops expended weapons or gear and graps another from his customized battle suit and fights on. When he runs out of ammo, Tornado relys on his mystical martial arts training & knife-fighting, if there are any enemies left to face.

"When you see Tornado show up in a fire-fight, you PRAY that he is on your side..."

Recipe of parts:
Alleyviper(v1) head
Alleyviper2 torso
Spytroops Tunnelrat gunbelt
Pathfinder(v2) waist
Razorclaw rt arm
Backblast(v1) left arm
Nightviper: right thigh, inner left thigh
Cpt Gridiron: Outer left thigh
HEAT Viper: right foot
Gnawgahyde: left foot

Accessories
Steeler: Visor/Mirage: goggles (combo)---I'm not sure about this. Ideas?
Hawk(v3): jetpack w 4 missiles
Backblast: knife
Alleyviper2: knife
Zartan(v2): knife
Pathfinder: Machine Guns
Cpt Gridiron: football bombs
Rock-n-Roll(v2): shotgun
Razorclaw: arm-blade

Molded weapons:
2 Shuriken
4 grenades
2 pistols

I KNOW he's overloaded and not very realistic, but that is what makes him COOL! :)

Thanks for looking!

RotterdamTerrorCorps
07-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Steeler: Visor/Mirage: goggles (combo)---I'm not sure about this.

Yep, my Action Force Steeler has the same visor.

Nice job, but how the hell can your dude even move! Very easy targeting :D

amphigory
07-13-2004, 10:08 AM
you're a nut, but a cool nut. i like it....bizarre, but i like it. Keep 'em comin'!

GILTYONE
07-13-2004, 07:46 PM
This guy can't run out of ammo in a fire fight but I bet he is one strong dude that can't run lol nice work man

frenchy
07-13-2004, 07:56 PM
great work man

Nightshift187
07-13-2004, 10:34 PM
Thats awesome,id love to have him!

Graz73
07-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Thats awesome,id love to have him!

Thanks for the compliment. It would have to be a REALLY good offer before I would give him up. It took 6 months to collect all of the necessary parts and accessories from 16 joes that went into this guy... :cool:

thorn
07-17-2004, 04:14 AM
heheHA ! aptly named. that is one destructive character!
love the wings too