Some simple customs [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Some simple customs

CobraOfficerCorps
07-14-2004, 01:49 AM
Just thought I'd share these customs that I put together. These are mainly for a diostory I'm working on. (some of the first pics are on Yahoo The Pit under files/dioramas) There is a reason why these guys are the way the are, but I won't tell the whole diostory here.

First pic from left to right:

Alpha B.A.T. - This is an inferno B.A.T. repainted. I left the brass colored parts that way, but otherwise repainted the whole thing pretty much like the regular B.A.T.s

Commander Kern - I just added the cape and switched the legs with a cobra trooper. He is pretty original looking to begin with so I didn't have to do much to give him character.

Commander Wright - Just took a NF head and scraped off black facepaint, then put it on a Comic #1 3 pack CC body.

Second pic from left to right:

CG Commander - Painted the yellow over with Chrome mainly and did arms black. I took an old accessory pack light blue CG v1 rifle and painted it black with chrome bayonet.

Commander Hood - I am trying to figure out what more to do to make this guy look like more of a bigshot. I am thinking of painting knife chrome and top part of straps that are now black silver. He is obviously an officer from tru trooper 6pack and CC v2 head, other than that all I did was paint boots black which were originally brown.

Barroness - I took the comic book #1 body, painted yellow stripe red and put on a version 1 head. This is the perfect outfit for Baroness IMO.

CobraOfficerCorps
07-14-2004, 01:53 AM
Here is actual pics

Dead-Eye
07-15-2004, 03:20 AM
Looks good. I'd buy them.

thorn
07-16-2004, 03:50 PM
really nice job, i especially like the scar face

publicenemy
07-16-2004, 06:59 PM
you know i really like that cobra commader head the trooper body. really cool

CobraOfficerCorps
07-17-2004, 02:10 AM
Thanks for comments. I plan on doing some more complicated customs with some of the figs from Target comic 3 packs. I touched up Commander Hood with some chrome on shoulders and knife, put red on belt buckle and on sleeve cuffs (like CC) I think it gives him the right look of a high commander in Cobra.

I had a few others, but pics aren't uploading, luckily I found Commander Hood's profile on Yahoo!:

http://profiles.yahoo.com/commanderhood83

frenchy
07-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Great work man!

CobraOfficerCorps
08-01-2004, 09:34 PM
This pic isnt that good, but here is a good argument for the new comic three-packs in my opinion. The first two are from #1. The Cobra Soldier would fit in better with the originals than the ones from the Cobra Infantry Pack. All you would need is some black paint (though I used extra chrome for the belt buckle). I like the colors of Cobra Commander too. What I'm trying to say is that these three packs are awesome for customizing. I am looking forward to the other Snake Eyes coming out so I can make a Cobra Mortal (see international).

Commander Bludd is for the diostroy, the last of the leadership I needed. He is a commander in Cobra for my story. The brown and green web gear were perfect for him as a Cobra. I otherwise just blacked out the chrome parts as that is something I think an old wardog like Bludd would do out of habit.

Navajo
08-01-2004, 09:53 PM
I love Commander Kern. I think he looks wicked, and the pics are fine. Keep 'em coming!