A Plea to Joe Collectors [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A Plea to Joe Collectors

GeorgeZ71
06-11-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm putting this plea out to the collectors of this board, because I need some help. You see I've getting married in about 3 weeks or so and I need some help. Well as you would know, every last bit of money would help, with that in mind I'm going to have to do something that I really don't want to....But I really have too. I need to get $100 dollars asap. With that in mind I need to see the 16 Cobra Infantry that I have and 4 officers, 2 brown, 2 red, all for a 100 dollars. But the thing is I really like these figures, and I it took me quite awhile to get them so I really don't want to sell them outright. If any of you out there, that I can find to trust, would be willing to do some time of loan until August 20th or so, that would be awesome. What I mean is I send you my figures to hold onto, display keep in the box, whatever until around August 20th so that I can pay you back. The reason I say August is because the wedding is July 3rd, but I know for sure that we will still be paying off a couple of things in that month. I'm just looking for someone to help me out, and if you can then GREAT, if you can't then that's fine........I would be willing, it would be hard, to sell them outright. I just need some help. And if 100 dollars for those 20 figures sounds like a bit much, then someone pm and let me know, so that I could find something else......It's just that I need these 100 dollars asap. Thank you for taking the time to read this post.........Thank You.

code red shockwave
06-11-2004, 05:57 AM
I wish I could help you, but I don't have enough space for twenty more figures and I don't have enough money either.

redviper
06-11-2004, 07:45 AM
I'M SURE YOU WILL FIND ONE SOON..I HOPE..
BUT, WHY YOU DON'T WANT TO SALE THEM?

WELL..GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEEEDING DUDE..

GeorgeZ71
06-11-2004, 03:28 PM
First off......Hello to all who have take the time to look at this post, I've notice quite a bit smile.gif.....And asking a 100 for those figures, and someone willing to just do some type of loan........Is asking alot, I realize that, but I'm going to go ahead and add some more figures either to have all sold in a lot or how ever someone can help me out so here goes.

x16 Cobra Infantry
x2 Brown Cobra Inf. Officer
x2 Red Cobra Inf. Officer
x4 Swamp Rat three complet, one is missing gun and knives
x1 PP Laser Viper
x1 PP Heat Viper
x1 PP Rock Viper
x1 Night Creeper, syptroops
x1 Gyro viper, no acc.
x1 Techno Viper, no acc.
x8 Grey Iron Grenediers, one is missing gun, helmet and shoulder pads
x8 Wave 7.75 Vipers
x1 '86 Viper, no acc.

All figures are complete, if someone is intrested in these figures, or even helping me out.....Just send me a pm and make an offer......Like I said I really don't want to do this.......But somethings are just THAT much more important.....I'm sure every family man, Married Man or soon to be could tell ya that smile.gif

red25thta
06-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I wish I could. but my wife would kill me. She does not even like the fact I am trading some stuff to complete what I have.

Static
06-12-2004, 05:05 AM
You may not want to do this, and it is only advice, but go a temp job or mow someone's lawn until you have the money. Yah, you are going to have to sacrifice a weekend, but you won't have to get rid of those beloved Joes. Just remember there are other alternatives.

Static
06-12-2004, 05:52 AM
You may not want to do this, and it is only advice, but go a temp job or mow someone's lawn until you have the money. Yah, you are going to have to sacrifice a weekend, but you won't have to get rid of those beloved Joes. Just remember there are other alternatives.

Static
06-12-2004, 05:53 AM

Obiwanjacoby
06-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Okay, let me get this straight:

#1. You're really hurting for $100. . .

#2. Because you're getting married? Just FYI, I had a simple chapel wedding with no guests AND a borrowed tux and it cost me way over $100 (not counting THE RING, see below), PLUS I had to wean myself off of Joes during the engagement and several weeks after.

#3. This have something to do with the ring?

I just don't get this at all :confused: :confused: :confused:. . .

-PJ

thebigzakbowski
06-12-2004, 11:49 AM
i am getting ready for my wedding and honestly I do not see how a hundo would make much difference unless you were late on a payment for the ring or needed a deposit for something. It would probably be easier to borrow it from a pal.

Obiwanjacoby
06-12-2004, 05:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thebigzakbowski:
It would probably be easier to borrow it from a pal.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! What's a best man for, anyway? :D :D :D

-PJ