NYC Joe collectors [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : NYC Joe collectors

rah-digga
07-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Just wondering who on this site is a resident of NYC in the five boroughs. Looking for fellow collectors to get some great trades going.

BIG BUFF
07-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey dude, I'm from the Bronx and I try to buy my joes stuff when I have funds. I like most of the old RAH stuff though. Let me know what you need or if I could help you. And like I once said, RAH DIGGA is one of my favorite rappers.

gunless
07-14-2004, 09:44 PM
rockland here, but my mom's in bergen county NJ(i'm there all the time, and I work in the bronx(FDNY). I've got soooo much stuff to trade it's ridiculous.

Frezeboogz
07-14-2004, 10:09 PM
Uptown Manhattan, Looking to make some trades or buys...

levit05
07-14-2004, 10:19 PM
L I in da house....let me know what you got looking to trade...anybody got starduster's gun or visor...what about TF hit & run or TF T rat? LMK

gunless
07-14-2004, 10:44 PM
you mean nf? or are those foreign?

GILTYONE
07-15-2004, 05:45 AM
I too have a lot of stuff sale or trade what are u lookin for figures, vehicles, parts, assors. LMK

ChemViper
07-15-2004, 08:08 AM
I work over in Boonton, NJ. I am in Clifton all the time, so NYC is a hop, skip and a jump. I have a bunch to trade...

gunless
07-15-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna start working on a mini con with people from here and joecustoms. Does anyone know of any good fleamarkets that have joes?

Frezeboogz
07-15-2004, 12:13 PM
I'm gonna start working on a mini con with people from here and joecustoms. Does anyone know of any good fleamarkets that have joes?

THATS WHAT I've been wanting to find out...ANYONE??

abeDAN
07-15-2004, 02:26 PM
i was just gonna start a thread on NYC the other day. I wanted to make a meet up or something. i have no other friends that collect so it would be cool to meet some fellow collectors in NY. i work in the Bronx, go to school in Manhattan and live in Westchester. so just let me know where and when, and ill be there.

scwv
07-15-2004, 03:15 PM
i'm in nj and i think we should all get together and do some kinda show. get as much of us together as possible. maybe even take desimones show back from the 12 inch guys. me and gil aka guilty are always selling at the desimone nyc shows.

anybody interested in co promoting a show? i would deffinatly get involved. i am shocked how many of u are from ny/nj area and think it would be something great to do every few months. i'm sure we could attract some conneticuit and pa, delaware residence as well. maybe do it in northern nj kinda in the middle of everybody.

if any of u think this would be a good idea lmk maybe we can start a small message board to fling around ideas and all. i would be glad to host the boards, basically just throw one up and start discussing some ideas. e mail me at scwv1@hotmail.com or drop a post on what u think.

gilbert u in? i know u wanna, lol!

acmirro
07-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Long Island here.

Bill, I am all for a show in our area. count me in!

abeDAN
07-15-2004, 03:57 PM
im there...lets make house trip to see each others collections...lol.

Gojiro
07-15-2004, 04:31 PM
i am in whitestone, queens... i also have a ton of stuff for sale/trade and want to buy. great to know there a lot of collectors near the nyc area.

i am willing to plan a place/time where we can all meet and bring our joe stuff for trade/sale and ideas. i would like to start a list of members who are interested. i will also pick a place that is best/hub for us to meet. i will need the following information to compile a list and i will update my post to reflect people interested.

- yojoe name
- where you live (carpools possibly)
- some dates/days that are good for you
- what modes of transportation u have (bike, car, good legs, mass transit -bus/train)
- what you will be bringing (estimate of figures/vehicles)
- choice of beverage/chips (if i got room in my car after my joe stuff)

once, i get all information we can decide if its worth it.

Attendees so far: (11 peeps)

- Gojiro (Whitestone, NY)
- Thoughtcrime (Staten Island, NY)
- ChemViper (Newton, NJ)
- Frezeboogz (Washington Heights, Uptown Manhattan)
- abeDAN (Westchester, White Plains)
- mattman91 (bay ridge, brooklyn)
- Primenybt (Yonkers, NY)
- Royal Zarak (Bayside, Queens)
- GILTYONE (Brentwood, long island)
- LEVIT (Brentwood, long island)
- ACMIRRO (Brentwood, long island)

acmirro
07-15-2004, 04:58 PM
i am in whitestone, queens... i also have a ton of stuff for sale/trade and want to buy. great to know there a lot of collectors near the nyc area.

Interesting. I grew up in Whitestone. Lived there until I was 14 or so, hung out there until I was 18.

thoughtcrime
07-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey guys I'm new to the boards. This is my first post here.

I live in Staten Island (dont hold it against me, I hate SI) and I'd be all for a Joe show in our area. Count me in!

My turn:
YoJoe Name : Thoughtcrime
Where I Live: Staten Island NY (close to Edison NJ)
Dates Available: No major plans within the next 30 days.
Mode of Transport: Honda
What I will be bringing: some loose Joe, perhaps some Transformers/Star Wars, maybe some of my various customs for display including GI Joe Ghostbuster
Choice of Bverage: Seltzer, or anything w/o caffiene in it.
Choice of Snacks: Pizza or nachos

I hope this happens.

ChemViper
07-19-2004, 09:00 AM
Let me see:
YoJoe Name : Chemviper
Where I Live: Newton, NJ (I do not mind long drives)
Dates Available: No major plans within the next 30 days.
Mode of Transport: My overworked Honda Civic
What I will be bringing: About 50 or so loose vintage joes, numerous vehicles and Terror Drome Parts, maybe some other 80's toys...
Choice of Bverage: Anything Diet.

That is about it! Hope this happens...

Frezeboogz
07-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Ok let me keep the flow goin...

YoJoe Name : Frezeboogz
Where I Live: Washington Heights, Uptown Manhattan
Dates Available: Work is a ***** they never give me a set schedule, when the semester starts i'll be good for the weekends
Mode of Transport: MTA Metrocard
What I will be bringing: Some Money I really dont have much to sell or trade
Choice of Beverage: Malta India...AHAHA, anything.
Choice of Snack : Anything with some flavor.

gunless
07-20-2004, 09:08 AM
ok, I've heard of some decent fleamarkets in westchester or there's a cominc/toy show at a firehouse in clifton NJ (about 15 miles from the gwb)once a month. Any preferences??

ChemViper
07-20-2004, 09:17 AM
I would prefer Clifton, but I can go anywhere...

vmanftr
07-20-2004, 09:28 AM
Im in queens. The DeSIMONE shows have gone down the drain. Would love to se a show/meet organized. Besides scwv and guilty there is rarely any 3 3/4 at joes's shows in Queens.

ChemViper
07-20-2004, 09:42 AM
You are right on about the DeSimone shows...they have gone to pot in the past 2 years...That Queens location was not too bad, though. Just a ton of bridge tolls for me.

abeDAN
07-20-2004, 11:15 AM
- yojoe name: abeDAN
- where you live: live in Westchester - White Plains
- some dates/days: anytime before Sept. 4 - then I'm off to Spain
- what modes of transportation: Toyota 4Runner
- what you will be bringing: Some figures, some loose figure parts, maybe some new stuff and some $$$.
- choice of beverage/chips: lemonade and pizza

let me know where and when and im there.

MattMan91
07-20-2004, 10:03 PM
im in bay ridge brooklyn right off the verrizano bridge.
yojoe name: mattman91
time best for me: any time before sept 8 [i go back to school, ug]
mode of transportation: my dad/mom
snacks: mostly anything.

i hope i can come, over at ADC, there are a few guys who dont want me to attend the NYC vipers cause im only 13, but i told them is it a joe-collector meet or a drinking club?

please le me come, ask GILTYONE, i met him at the con

gunless
07-20-2004, 10:07 PM
what's an nyc viper?

MattMan91
07-20-2004, 10:10 PM
what's an nyc viper?

nyc vipers are guys from ADC that started a joe club, so thats what they call them selvs.

abeDAN
07-20-2004, 11:12 PM
matt im surprised that you're into joes and even found this forum being only 13. i would have no problems with you coming and i think it's great that youre a young collector. yo joe.

scwv
07-20-2004, 11:27 PM
well we can start our own club the nyc/nj Joe team our mission to allow any and all ages into the organization.

no seriously, i just seen they had a meeting and all. i was thinking we do a show, like sellers tables, raffles trading blah blah blah all welcome. that would bring us all together and end up leading to general meets, or like i said we can start taking back the desimone shows with 3 3/4

gunless
07-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm proposing we start with a mini meet in the parking lot of some show/store/fleamarket - others have done this before and it seemed to work out good. maybe after a few, if alot of people show up, we could start our own show, but for now I'd just like to see some collectors get together and do some trading.

vmanftr
07-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Glad to see so many NYc joe collectors interewsted in a meet! Whats this nyc vipers?? a drinking crew?? Now that sounds like a good time.

abeDAN
07-21-2004, 10:54 AM
so are we gonna do this or just keep talking about it? let get the ball in motion.

gunless
07-21-2004, 07:09 PM
ok I'll find out dates for the show/fleamkts tommorrow and put up some tentative dates/locations

thoughtcrime
07-21-2004, 10:37 PM
I see no problem with goin' drinkin' after the show if everyone hits it off. Unless you're 13 of course hehe.
Just let me know the time & place of our first show & I will be there. My collection is rather small as I am only getting back into Joes now, but I will bring some items which may be of interest. I'm looking for comics too. Yo Joe.

PrimeNYBT
07-22-2004, 02:07 AM
Hey guys I live in Yonkers, NY. I can't believe all the tri state area people here are who collectors.

- yojoe name: Primenybt
- where you live Yonkers, NY
- some dates/days that are good for you. Any I just need notice
- what modes of transportation u have Mustang but I can use my parents SUV
- what you will be bringing I don't have to must extra stuff may be a box full
- choice of beverage/chips I am a human garbage can, I can eat anything.

I am so up for this I will help as much as I can. I am curious who has the largest collection in the tri state area

Gojiro
07-22-2004, 02:32 PM
so far we have 7 confirmed... please post your info and i will compile it

- yojoe name
- what modes of transportation u have (bike, car, good legs, mass transit -bus/train)

so far the list is:

- ChemViper (Newton, NJ)

gunless
07-22-2004, 06:18 PM
next toy show is august 1st in Wayne, NJ. How does this sound for everyone?

pm me and let me know if that's a good date guys.

GILTYONE
07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
i'm in nj and i think we should all get together and do some kinda show. get as much of us together as possible. maybe even take desimones show back from the 12 inch guys. me and gil aka guilty are always selling at the desimone nyc shows.

anybody interested in co promoting a show? i would deffinatly get involved. i am shocked how many of u are from ny/nj area and think it would be something great to do every few months. i'm sure we could attract some conneticuit and pa, delaware residence as well. maybe do it in northern nj kinda in the middle of everybody.

if any of u think this would be a good idea lmk maybe we can start a small message board to fling around ideas and all. i would be glad to host the boards, basically just throw one up and start discussing some ideas. e mail me at scwv1@hotmail.com or drop a post on what u think.

gilbert u in? i know u wanna, lol!
I'm in but I think it will never work too many people to put it together maybe just u and I can do it and let everyone know about it basiclly a swap meet

gunless
07-22-2004, 09:08 PM
That's why I'm saying we meet in the parking lot of the toyshow, do some trading, and then go in (and fight each other for deals j/k). I personally have TONS of stuff to trade(a couple of tbps,acouple of whales, dozens of figs, etc.) people could even stop at my house in rockland county NY first and then carpool.

GILTYONE
07-22-2004, 09:22 PM
so far we have 7 confirmed... please post your info and i will compile it

- yojoe name

so far the list is:

- ChemViper (Newton, NJ)
GILTYONE
Brentwood long island I'm next to LEVIT, ACMIRRO, I know we can work something out
August
Car
About 1 hundred figures maybe some vehicles

scwv
07-22-2004, 10:27 PM
i know gil thats what i meant like a few of us organize it, maybe 4 of us tops maybe less and then we just put out the word. thats what i meant. but we would need others who would purchase tables to sell and others who would come.

i am gonna post when the desimone show is, i would suggest anybody who is interested in selling get a table they aren't much and we can put the word out early so the 3 3/4 collectors will know there will be people there selling 3 3/4. also it would be great to see all of u there, i mean it sucks cause theres only ever a few 3 3/4 collectors there (all be it great guys!).

anybody from the tri state or conn. that has interest in selling at the desimones show post here, we can bring the desimone show back to the 3 3/4 collectors! ontop of you guys meet and swap deal.

gunless
07-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Still no pms from anyone. Is the date/location not good? or do you guys not wanna do a mini swap meet?:confused: I guess just post here if the date/place/ or idea is not good for you.

ChemViper
07-23-2004, 10:00 AM
I missed your msg about Wayne on the 1st. I can do that. What time would it be?

GILTYONE
07-23-2004, 10:58 AM
The desimone show is the best its gijoe already it is mostly on sundays after all it is a hotel and has a parkly lot on the top of the building with lots of room its in queens just off the cross island I know just on this board there is about 10 people oh are less then 50 minutes away come on we can do this bill (SVW) comes from NJ I know u other guys can and u can't us money as a problem its all about the trade I'm not sure yet when the next show is but I will post it

gunless
07-23-2004, 11:17 AM
the wayne show is from 8am-3pm. I'll do that and the desimone show(can't we do both?).

ChemViper
07-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Both is a good idea. I do not care for the DeSimone show as much, due to tolls and not wanting to give James any more money than is needed. James' show will be in the fall, as he just had one June 6th.

GILTYONE
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Where is wayne nj? Is it southern, center, or north? When is the show? I need to know if it is really worth it I'm sure others want to know the same

GILTYONE
07-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Where is wayne nj? Is it southern, center, or north? When is the show? I need to know if it is really worth it I'm sure others want to know the same

ChemViper
07-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Wayne is NE New Jersey...

gunless
07-23-2004, 04:13 PM
according to mapquest, it's about 21 miles from the gw bridge. Is that agreeable?

abeDAN
07-23-2004, 04:30 PM
so its in NJ? what ever happened to NYC? lol...give exact address, time and date.

gunless
07-23-2004, 04:49 PM
if someone else has a suggestion for a fleamarket/show in nyc, that's fine with me.
here's the listing from lee's:

July7 and Aug 1 Wayne, NJ, Wayne
Toy and Collectibles show, Company
#1, Firehouse Parish Dr off Route 23
North at Lincoln Park exit 8AM to 3PM
80 tables $1.00, under 12 free. Contact
Phil De Mario, PO Box 4094, Wayne
NJ 07474 (973)726-9897. M 141 (CM)

I've never been to it, so I don't know if it's any good, but it's been advertised in Lee's for at least like 10 yrs.
If anyone knows of a good fleamarket in NY, I'm cool with that too (I'm in rockland)

let me know boys.....

Gojiro
07-23-2004, 06:46 PM
let's stay in nyc... this thread is not for NJ.

thoughtcrime
07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm good for NYC or central NJ.

gunless
07-23-2004, 07:01 PM
just trying to be helpful. If someone's got another idea, I've been asking for it.

scwv
07-23-2004, 08:02 PM
"let's stay in nyc... this thread is not for NJ."

why would u even say that? i'm in jersey and kinda take offense to it. i have a few nyc friends that i'm sure wouldn't mind traveling either side of the river, i mean why can't we do locations in both states? they are practically the same place.

either way i personally just wanna see more gi joe shows around here not just random toy shows where its a crap shoot, so like i suggested before a few of us should get together and do a bi monthly show, if any of u are interested in selling or being involved in the planning and execution (only need about 3 people aside from myself, prefer a rep from each state, nj/nyc) of a small show (about desimone size) drop me an e mail scwv1@hotmail.com

i'm not proposing u all stop your meeting plans, i just suggest a show as well.

gunless
07-23-2004, 08:08 PM
scwv I'm all for a show of our own, but first I'd like to see if we can get 10 guys to show up at another show and do some parking lot trading/selling. If we can't even do that, trying to set up a show seems silly, y'know? I'm just throwing out a place and time to see if we can get people to come out(the other board I frequent did somethig similiar and it worked out great; they now do a minicon every few months[in kentucky];I've already got a few guys from there interested also). If we can do that, the sky's the limit...

scwv
07-23-2004, 08:11 PM
i hear that, but i already no over 10 people who would love a 3 3/4 show. they are always at the desimone show and always disapointed yet they still show up religiously even though they know pickins will be slim.

gunless
07-23-2004, 08:13 PM
sounds cool. are you opposed to a mini meet? I think we're working towards the same thing, but aren't seeing eye to eye:confused: . would it be bad to have guys just get together first, just to see if people showed up?

scwv
07-23-2004, 08:21 PM
nah thats cool, with me like i said i don't mean not have a meet i just suggest a show as well. i probably wouldn't go as i don't collect anymore only international joes. i have mostly everything i want right now. i just know how i feel about collecting and i used to love desimones shows when it was all 3 3/4 and now a days there isn't anything like that so i figure it is a great idea so i would be willing to be involved in setting one up! i would get the tri state and deleware/conn involved as well, e mailing and mailing lists all the works, i just never thought there would be that many collectors in the area and thios thread resparked my interest in the idea, seeing so many collectors just for these 2 states alone.

scwv
07-23-2004, 08:23 PM
i lied, i would go i just really wouldn't do anything but meet people, like i said i don't really collect much of anything anymore.

thoughtcrime
07-23-2004, 08:35 PM
cant we all just get along? I'm all for this show, Jersey would have much better parking! Quick question: anyone bringing other toys? I have some Transformers to sell, and maybe some star wars.

Frezeboogz
07-23-2004, 10:21 PM
I just got my work schedule, I wont be able to go August 1st, I am working from 9-6. Wish i knew about the show a bit earlier.

Do any of u guys know any shows coming up soon or within the next 3 months???

I am all for a meet or anything, a chance to meet the other NYC-NJ collectors and get some figures i want.

PrimeNYBT
07-23-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm up for any date you can come up with. But lets get this moving. This way I can get time off of work.

Royal Zarak
07-23-2004, 11:53 PM
I am a big collector of GIJOE and also from NYC (Bayside, Queens). If you guys want to meet up let me know when and where.

Also if you guys want to chat about this my aim is RoyalTF2GO.

yojoe name: Royal Zarak
where you live: Bayside, Queens
some dates/days that are good for you: Anyday is fine except Friday and Sunday.
-what modes of transportation u have: 2000 Lexus GS300
- what you will be bringing:
Owner of the largest Bat Army collection. I have about 235 Cobra BATs of all versions. :D GO check www.castledestro.com and look for Royalmarine and his bat army collection pic.

Gojiro
07-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Attendees so far: (11 peeps)

- ChemViper (Newton, NJ)
- Royal Zarak (Bayside, Queens)
- GILTYONE (Brentwood, long island)
- LEVIT (Brentwood, long island)
- ACMIRRO (Brentwood, long island)

i am having problems deciding a location that's fair for everyone. Even though we are in NY area we are pretty spread out. Anyone have any suggestions.

Royal Zarak
07-24-2004, 09:48 PM
Let's make it easy and meet up at MIDTOWN COMICS at 41st, 7th Ave. ITs a great place to meet up since its near the Port Authority bus terminal.

www.midtowncomics.com

We could hang out there, buy some comics, head to Times Square TRU, and maybe go watch a movie.

Frezeboogz
07-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Sounds like a good idea Royal. Who ever is taking charge here (not me) should consider this.

thoughtcrime
07-25-2004, 02:34 AM
Not a bad idea. whatever you guys decide. we can also get pizza or something maybe.

scwv
07-25-2004, 05:17 AM
mid town sounds good and all, but did u think about parking and traffic? that's gonna be expensive and a b*tch! and think about lugging 15 boxes down a manhatten sidewalk.....just a thought, i suggest maybe a borough something less busy and easier to find parking, lol.

Gojiro
07-25-2004, 09:52 PM
for those without cars, the midtown comics is perfect idea. but for those with cars and alot of stuff to bring would be tuff to go to manhattan. but i am down for midtown if more are willing to go.

ChemViper
07-25-2004, 10:16 PM
There is no way I can lug all of my stuff easliy into the city. Is the plan still to set up a swap and trade meet or a social gathering. No offense, but I can get comics in Parsippany easier than NYC. Is anyone going to the Wayne show? Should I bother throwing things together?

Royal Zarak
07-25-2004, 10:27 PM
If the midtown comics idea isn't probable. Then I am all for the Wayne show.

Give me post some specific details about it.

vmanftr
07-25-2004, 10:59 PM
Is everyone familar with Queens???? The Forest Park Baandshell has a huge parking lot.... and it's free.

rah-digga
07-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Great to see so many NYC collectors.

Brooklyn, East Flatbush section by Brooklyn College

abeDAN
07-25-2004, 11:57 PM
so why dont we all meet up in a public parking lot thats not congested...and then who ever wants can go socialize somewhere else. have the best of both worlds, and we can carpool to wherever. Let me know.

Royal Zarak
07-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Great to see so many NYC collectors.

Brooklyn, East Flatbush section by Brooklyn College

Thats awesome. I used to go there a lot when i was a little kid because of the huge shopping mall.

gunless
07-26-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm gonna probably go to the wayne show. I wouldn't be opposed to going somewhere else also. does Yonkers raceway still have a flea market? If they do that would be a fairly central location.

GILTYONE
07-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Thats awesome. I used to go there a lot when i was a little kid because of the huge shopping mall.
I'm down is that the mall right off the belt parkway

Royal Zarak
07-26-2004, 11:14 PM
UPDATE: My friend Violentfix will hosting the meeting at his house. He is always doing a barbecue. WE are planning to do this August 14th Saturday in Queens. If you are interested in attending please let me know. Hopefully we can get about 10-15 people.

http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1968997&hl=nyc+vipers

Frezeboogz
07-26-2004, 11:17 PM
I am interested, and i have that day off from work which is a plus. Too bad I have too work on August 1st the day of the wayne show.

thoughtcrime
07-26-2004, 11:21 PM
We're doing this at someone's house? I think it would be better in a public place

GILTYONE
07-26-2004, 11:24 PM
I just spoke to Royal and I'm down what's up Levit and Acmirro are u guys down or what!!!!!!!!!

vmanftr
07-26-2004, 11:45 PM
sounds cool.big time up for a meet whereever we do it,as long as i aint got work.if this goes well we can take over desimones show. or at least boost the amount of 3 3.4 stuff there

abeDAN
07-27-2004, 03:41 PM
im down. so august 1st is the wayne show and august 14th is the meet at some guys house in queens. count me in.

ChemViper
07-27-2004, 03:47 PM
I am going to be at the Wayne show early (8-10:30 or so). Is anyone going to have a table?

abeDAN
07-27-2004, 04:05 PM
where is the wayne show exactly? is it the desimone show?

rah-digga
07-27-2004, 04:14 PM
Well, just an update, I just came back from the Toys R Us in Time Square: NO MORE INFANTRY PACKS. That is all, you may carry on.

BROOKLYN!

abeDAN
07-27-2004, 04:15 PM
yeah i went yesterday and there was nothing left.

GILTYONE
07-27-2004, 04:34 PM
where is the wayne show exactly? is it the desimone show?
I have the same question about the wayne show can someone get me the correct address and zip code so I can mapquest it thanks. And to answer the second question the desimone show is in queens if any body wants the address to that when it comes back there I got it and will post it then.

scwv
07-27-2004, 04:48 PM
all desimone show info can be found here, it may be outdated now, but when the shows get close he updates. and as usual me and gil will have our table (we tend to get there alittle late, lol mainly around 10 am or so, so if you don't see us at first hang around we will be there)

thoughtcrime
07-27-2004, 08:47 PM
ok can someone post a definate day/time/location so the rest of us can plan around this. thanks.

scwv
07-27-2004, 10:11 PM
wow maybe a site address woulda helped huh?

http://gijoeinformation.com/

abeDAN
07-28-2004, 11:07 AM
it says the show in New York was june 6th.

scwv
07-28-2004, 12:54 PM
as i stated:

all desimone show info can be found here, it may be outdated now, but when the shows get close he updates.

abeDAN
07-28-2004, 02:33 PM
i read that before but if the show is supposed to be this Sunday...how much closer does it need to get for him to update the site?

scwv
07-28-2004, 02:51 PM
his show is this sunday?u sure? i thought it was another month or so. i didn't get his flyer in the mail yet so i don't think it's this month. i know that was a date flying around at the last show but that wasn't the real date, james said he didn't know when he was gonna do it yet. just keep an eye on the site it will be updated probably a month before at least.

abeDAN
07-28-2004, 03:38 PM
oh okay thanks a lot. ill keep an eye out for it.

scwv
07-28-2004, 03:46 PM
np, are u on his mailing list? if u aren't its a good way to keep informed on show dates, he sends flyers like 2 or 3 weeks prior.

abeDAN
07-28-2004, 05:08 PM
no im not. can i sign up on the website?

scwv
07-28-2004, 05:13 PM
not sure honestly. i just signed up at his show. drop him an e mail from his site i'm sure he will add u.

Gojiro
07-28-2004, 05:16 PM
is the show free? or u have to purchase tickets?

anyone else going to VFIX bbq?

scwv
07-28-2004, 06:50 PM
there is a door fee. i think it's 10.00.

Violentfix
07-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Wow...

All of these NY collectors. I am very impressed. Looks like I should have visited here a long time ago. I'm sure I know a few of you already, but for those that I'm meeting for the first time, let me just say "Hello". It's great to know that GI Joe has such a large NY representation.

I hope you guys will welcome me posting here in the future and I look forward to getting to know you.

Violentfix

acmirro
07-28-2004, 11:24 PM
I just spoke to Royal and I'm down what's up Levit and Acmirro are u guys down or what!!!!!!!!!

Going to try, Gil. I just got back from vacation, so it may be hard for me to get more time off. I have to check my work load for August.

thoughtcrime
07-29-2004, 10:56 PM
so whats the definate plan guys? which show are we hitting?

ChemViper
07-30-2004, 07:29 AM
I will be at the Wayne Toy show from 8-11:00 am this Sat. I will also be at DeSimone's most likely, once he announces a date. Is anyone getting a table this weekend? How will we know each other? I will bring figures and some vehicles in case anyone wants to trade.
I am open for another date and location too. We should find a hotel somewhere to rent a room or 2 for a swap meet.

gunless
07-30-2004, 08:54 AM
I will also be going to the wayne show(may not make it as early as chemviper:) ). If anyone who's going is looking for anything specific, let me know and I'll try to bring it. we should set up a time to be in the parking lot, and maybe give a car description to find each other.

by the way the address(as far as I can find ) is 97 Parish drive, Wayne, NJ.

ChemViper
07-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Cars is a good idea. I just need a time. My car, unfortunately is east to find right now. It is the blue-gree, 98 Honda Civic with a crumpled front bumper and right front panel. If anyonw has wishlists, and will be there, send them to me. I am organizing tonight and will do my best to fill lists, if possible.

Violentfix
07-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Is this show only on Saturday or is it Sunday as well?

gunless
07-30-2004, 10:57 AM
just realized chemvipers mistake. THE SHOW IS ON SUNDAY AUGUST 1ST:

July7 and Aug 1 Wayne, NJ, Wayne
Toy and Collectibles show, Company
#1, Firehouse Parish Dr off Route 23
North at Lincoln Park exit 8AM to 3PM
80 tables $1.00, under 12 free. Contact
Phil De Mario, PO Box 4094, Wayne
NJ 07474 (973)726-9897. M 141 (CM)

I hope he sees this and doesn't go on Saturday:eek:

ChemViper
07-30-2004, 12:23 PM
Sorry Guys...I got my days confused....YIKES...Thanks for helping me out (I am so dumb sometimes)

gunless
07-30-2004, 01:11 PM
I'll see you there. Any other takers?

Kozin
07-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi guys. Some of you might know me from the Desimone show (big guy, glasses, bald) and I also do the show in CT.

I'd be up for a trip to NJ or NY for another show. Planning a small get together first might be the way to go before jumping into a big show. Getting a group of guys together to head back to DeSimone's show would be another plus as well.

Looking forwards to see what happens!

John

gunless
07-31-2004, 10:35 PM
ok I'll be driving a white acura, and hope to be there by 10:30. I'll pop open the trunk and hang out so if anyone want to find me and do trades they can. Hope to see alot of people there!

thoughtcrime
08-02-2004, 10:44 PM
So are we still planning on meeting up in NYC somewhere? Or is this idea dead?

Royal Zarak
08-02-2004, 11:00 PM
YOu guys want to meet up this week at Midtown comics? Violentfix's BBQ is in next week August 14th.

Gojiro
08-03-2004, 06:09 PM
VFIX, what's your address?

Royal Zarak
08-03-2004, 11:29 PM
hey Gojiro you have to contact him at Violentfix@aol.com
If anybody else wants to go just contact him thru the email address.

Violentfix
08-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Hello

Just like Royal said. If you're sure that you'll be coming to the BBQ, send me an e-mail at violentfix@aol.com Make sure to provide me with your real name and phone number, just in case I need to get in touch with you. I'll be sending out my address to anyone who RSVP's via e-mail.

If it's an issue of trying to figure out if you'd like to come or not and you'd like to know where you're going. I live in Glendale Queens which is between Ridgewood, Middle Village and Forest Hills.

gunless
08-16-2004, 06:31 PM
just curious how this went. did alot of people show? did they bring alot of stuff? Can we have a report please?

Royal Zarak
08-16-2004, 10:04 PM
http://adctalk.com/index.php?showtopic=1971137

At least four people reported for the BBQ. Two from Yojoe and two from TNI.
Three people was suppose to show up but never contacted us. :(
Maybe next time it will be better

abeDAN
08-16-2004, 10:46 PM
although it was only 4 people, we still had a really good time. we ate, talked joes and hung out. great time.

Gojiro
08-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey Violentfix, sorry i couldnt make it. Are you hosting another get together anytime soon? let me know, would love to go.

-gojiro

Frezeboogz
08-20-2004, 10:04 PM
It was a cool experience, Violent has a great collection and we got to see a little preview for this next chapter!!
Was a good host too (thanks)

it's cool to meet with people who have similar interest. I encourage more people to show up next time Joe collectors meet in the city. I couldnt stay too long and that really sucked becuase the time flew by.
For the next time I hope i can stay longer.

In conclusions, good times.....would definately like to do it again.

Royal Zarak
08-23-2004, 01:11 AM
I had a wonderful time chatting with you guys. I hope to do this again very soon.

Hey GOJIRO do you have an email or instant messenger to contact you with?

Gojiro
08-24-2004, 01:45 PM
hey royal, you can contact me at gijoe10011@hotmail.com. thanks.

Royal Zarak
08-24-2004, 10:19 PM
THanks man.

Anyway are you guys going to do another meeting or what?
You guys still want to do the Midtown comics meeting?

andymort
08-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi;

I'm a British Joe-fan but within the next couple of weeks I'll be coming to NYC for a year-long internship (office in Union Square, easy access to the TRU!) and it'd be great to meet some fellow fans/collectors, if you guys'll have me!

I could maybe bring a few Action Force items over if anyone wanted to see them; sorry, no spares for sale or trade other than a Silver Mirage (unmade, with box & Action Force decals) and Tiger Force Psyche-Out but I was planning on putting them on eBay (unless I got offers I couldn't refuse...).

G.I.Joe fans seem to be few and far between over here, so it'd be great to be able to talk Joes with people who knew what I was on about!

Royal Zarak
09-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Hello. No posts for three weeks?

Where are you guys? Did everyone in NYC disappear? DId the RNC convention scare you off? LOL

abeDAN
09-15-2004, 05:26 AM
Hi;

I'm a British Joe-fan but within the next couple of weeks I'll be coming to NYC for a year-long internship (office in Union Square, easy access to the TRU!) and it'd be great to meet some fellow fans/collectors, if you guys'll have me!

I could maybe bring a few Action Force items over if anyone wanted to see them; sorry, no spares for sale or trade other than a Silver Mirage (unmade, with box & Action Force decals) and Tiger Force Psyche-Out but I was planning on putting them on eBay (unless I got offers I couldn't refuse...).

G.I.Joe fans seem to be few and far between over here, so it'd be great to be able to talk Joes with people who knew what I was on about!

hey buddy, i live at Union Square usually, but right now im in Spain for the semester, so when i get back in January, we should definitely go to that TRU or meet. Maybe we could have a NYC Viper meeting or have lunch. whatever you guys want.

ill talk to you guys soon. im having a great time in Madrid and met a fellow collector out here. its always a pleasure meeting other joe collectors.

Denethore
09-21-2004, 11:49 PM
My local Target ( 225th street B'way ) has all three issues for only $9.99. If they keep to form they will be on sale shortly. They also have the two packs for $6.99 and the 12" Beachhead and destro for $9.99. The Beachhead looks great.

gunless
09-22-2004, 09:21 PM
wait there's a target in the city?

scwv
09-22-2004, 10:06 PM
i hope all of u are gonna be at the desimone show! here's the info!

http://gijoeinformation.com/shows.html

me and gil are always set up and there were a few other 3 3/4 sellers last time around!

pass the word on the other boards lets take the show back from the 12" collectors!

Royal Zarak
09-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Alright October 31st! Right here my area. I hope this time it would be such a boring event. THe last time it lasted only 2 hours with half the dealers leaving at 12....

scwv
06-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Any of you local heads still collecting? a lot of us still hang out and such, do most of our talking through facebook now like most collectors today (and on the phone). hit me up with your screen names and real names, would love to link up. scwv1@hotmail.com Bill Sing