Rank My Completion Prospects [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Rank My Completion Prospects

Ghost X
07-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Greetings!
I just returned to the world of GI Joe collecting last month after a 15 year absence. My inital collecting goal is to complete the entire line of RAH figures from 1982-1988 (The years I played with the toys as a kid.) Since I safetly tucked away my old collection before entering college, I have a great start. Within three weeks of trading, I have already filled 50 percent of my figure gap. I am going to list what I have left, and I would like you to comment on how hard ( & perhaps how expensive:) it is going to be find these figures and accessories.

1982 (not picky about straight arm vs swivel arm at this point)
Scarlett
Hawk

Grand Slam (Silver)
Viper Pilot

Keel Haul
Sgt. Slaughter (mail-in)

Backstop
Hardtop
Payload
Rumbler
Sea Slug
Starduster (mail-in)

Armadillo
Nullifer
Secto-Viper
Skidmark
Wild Card
Windmill
Super Trooper

Also, how hard is it going to be to find the little accessories like bipods, headset mics, etc.

Thanks

Druss
07-15-2004, 05:59 AM
Most of your list isn't too bad though you have a few figures which are very pricey, stuff like the '82 Scarlett and Hawk are easily obtainable, Scarlett may run you about $10 complete though. Backstop, Sgt. Slaughter, Sea Slug, Armadillo, Nullifier, Skidmark, Wild Card, Windmill, Super Trooper and Secto-Viper shouldn't be too hard as well, all are vehicle drivers but none are super spectacular.

Then there are the tough ones....Silver Grand Slams last I knew were in the $20-$25 range, more if Complete with Jump. A nice Viper Pilot w/full logo can vary in price a lot, I've seen some go really higher and others in the $30-$40 range, definetly shop around on that one, or you can get a worn one without much logo pretty cheaply.

Keep Haul w/gun is a bit tough I've heard, though as I have him I've never looked into it too much.

Payload & Hardtop as they came with the Defiant are tough, if you want them complete I've heard they are very pricey, I think $100 for the pair would probably be low end as there are some small accessories which are hard to find.

Star Duster complete is another one that will be pricey, depending on the version probably in the $50-$80 range.

frenchy
07-15-2004, 03:46 PM
You can find everything except payload and hard top pretty easily. I think those might take some shopping around to find. Everything else you could probably find easily.