Fubar's in the Cartoon's [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Fubar's in the Cartoon's

red25thta
07-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Not sure if anyone has done this thread but anyways

Season One Part 1 (Finally finished them all)
Disk 4
Snake Roundup or whatever (Sorry it's upstair's and I am downstair's)

When the Joes are attack the Barn out come's Zartan and Nok's. Behind them is an Awe Striker that turn's in a Stinger with Destro and Baroness.

Please Share
And I'll fix wich one it was in a bit.

Propadeutic
07-17-2004, 01:26 AM
The episode is titled "Where the Reptiles Roam," the episode with the famous Trubble Bubble-in-the-outhouse gag.

The book Now You Know: The Unauthorized Guide to G. I. Joe TV & Comics lists several errors for each cartoon episode. Most of them have to do with plot problems. A lot of the animation problems are documented on-line at Quick Kick's Theatre.

I've never taken the time to nitpick the cartoons, but the animators did a much better job here than with Transformers. Having three jets identical except for the color confused the colorists to no end.

One of the most noticeable goofs is the Strato-Viper who changes into a Viper in "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" (near Sun-Tzu's burial site). Frequently in season 2, Wet-Suit's uniform was colored like the first-season yellow frogman outfits, and Beach-Head's face mask would appear and disappear between shots. (He looked a little like Flint with Wet-Suit's hair.) Roadblock sometimes got his first-season look for a second or two. And I still haven't figured out how the Baroness can wear her glasses UNDERNEATH a rubber face mask.

A final error I'll mention is the oversight of placing the same character in two places at once. This happens at least twice: Joes on Space Station Delta and rebuilding Joe HQ in "Pyramid of Darkness" (e.g., Scarlett), and Joes at the Terror Drome and back at HQ in "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" (e.g., Bazooka). Okay, one more error and then I'm done: Quick Kick shows up in a crowd of Joes in "The Pyramid of Darkness, Part 1," but he doesn't join the team until much later in the miniseries.

Xerofall
07-18-2004, 01:20 AM
I was credited with finding one on "Cold Slither" at Qktheatre.com

http://qktheatre.com/summaries/cold_slither/misc.htm

There are tons of errors, some are really blatant others are more obscure.

Most have been identified on QKtheatre.com.

On "World's Without End" the Statue of Cobra Commander changes from a hood to his helmet.

On "Eye for an Eye" Cobra Commander is missing his cobra symbol when he's in the Rattler.

Tons more...

gun metal
07-28-2004, 10:08 AM
I found an error that wasn't listed on QK theater.

In the first Synthoid Conspiracy a group of tanks attack Joe HQ and the cell with the tanks and skystrikers don't line up with the background. The tanks are in mid air.

the joe bandit
07-28-2004, 10:32 AM
My I cant remember which mini-series. But when Covergirl and Timber (now that I think about it it had to be RAH, cuz Covergirl was blond) save everyone from the poison gas, Timber is both beside and in the VAMP in the same frame. Always makes me chuckle.

Duke of AZ
08-03-2004, 12:19 AM
In the episode, "The Gamesmaster", I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Gamesmaster calls Flint a homo. Its right at the beginning of the fourth chapter, before Flint "dies." I've played it several times and even for other people and they all think he said it too. I think he is supposed to be saying hero, but it sure does sound like homo. Just wondering if anyone else thought the same thing.

Also, later in the episode, isn't it hilarious when Cobra Commander is muttering to himself about being stuck in the jungle. It was so weird, since I've never heard a character mutter like that before. Any thoughts??

seacrest out

rea1180
08-28-2004, 05:26 AM
My I cant remember which mini-series. But when Covergirl and Timber (now that I think about it it had to be RAH, cuz Covergirl was blond) save everyone from the poison gas, Timber is both beside and in the VAMP in the same frame. Always makes me chuckle.

I noticed that one too, I love it! And on another note in the Gamesmaster when Flint saves Cobra Commander. C.C. is lying on the ground and then Flint hucks a rock at the robot. Then we see three figures(baroness, C.C. and L.J.) on a hill in the horizon. So C.C. ran like crazy to safely join the others in like maybe a second, and the highly trained best of the best beret just stands there to become dino digestant. What the...?

hotdog
12-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I always wondered why in "worlds without end" copperhead didn't get sent into the other dimension too?

Propadeutic
01-10-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure the Gamesmaster calls Flint a homo.

I believe the line is, "Watch this, Coco. It's a real ho-ho." The Commander's mumbling is reminiscent of Yosemite Sam and other oft-frustrated Looney Tunes characters.

3idmp
01-10-2005, 09:16 PM
In the traitor episode, I found it funny that "20 Questions" gives out Dusty's full name, tells all about his Mom's medical problems and says that he betrayed the Joes. Aren't the Joes suppose to be Top-Secret. What is "20 Questions" doing airing all of the Joes dirty laundry, and Dusty's real name.

Also, I think it is in the Pyramid of Darkness series, CC and the twins get into a Rattler and they seem to be in this huge shuttle compartment (similar to a "bridge" on a Star Trek space ship). I didn't know that a Rattler had a Command Deck!! lol.

red25thta
01-10-2005, 11:55 PM
In the traitor episode, I found it funny that "20 Questions" gives out Dusty's full name, tells all about his Mom's medical problems and says that he betrayed the Joes. Aren't the Joes suppose to be Top-Secret. What is "20 Questions" doing airing all of the Joes dirty laundry, and Dusty's real name.

I have not seen that one in a while but I thought that show was a cobra show right?

Propadeutic
01-11-2005, 12:12 PM
"Twenty Questions" was Hector Ramirez's baby. An obnoxious anti-military activist egged him on to "expose" the Joe Team as a fraud. The activist turned out to be a Cobra spy, but Ramirez was independent and even took the Joes' side against Cobra in "Not a Ghost of a Chance."

For Cobra's idea of programming, refer to "The Wrong Stuff."

One apparent "Twenty Questions" error: At the beginning of the episode, an unseen Joe in a Sky Hawk sounds a warning. The voice sounds just like Cover Girl, but Cover Girl is seen standing on the ground (and not speaking) at that point.

red25thta
01-11-2005, 01:27 PM
AH TY. Its been a while since I have seen it. Which Season was it btw?

Propadeutic
01-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Twenty Questions (which is the title both of the episode and of Ramirez's program) aired in the middle third of the first season. Not a Ghost of a Chance was near the end of the second season. Twenty Questions segments also introduced The Traitor II (near the end of the first season) and Sins of Our Fathers (near the end of the second). His appearance in the Movie was cut, but his name appears in the credits.

3idmp
01-12-2005, 09:55 AM
Right at the beginning of "Traitor Part 2" Ramierez gives out all of Dusty's info. Just found that funny. Here is a question, how many times has Duke gone into a coma? Once in the movie, and once in the Traitor, are there any more times?

Propadeutic
01-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Duke was in pretty bad shape after his escape in A Real American Hero--seen unconscious (from near drowning?) and later with amnesia, probably from a concussion. His vital signs were weak, and there was some doubt whether he would pull through. Other than being knocked around a bit in other episodes, that's the only other serious injury I can think of.

Of course, he was listed among the dead in Worlds Without End I. A coma may have preceded his death in that alternate universe.

Oh, and Hector spills the beans on Duke's real name, too. With his inability to keep military secrets, you'd think he was Geraldo or something. Hey, wait a second....

Ridureyu
01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Of course, considering how often Conrad kept calling himself "Duke HAUSER" in the cartoon, giving his first name isn't really much of a secret.

ranger_jer
01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
In the Episode Flints vacation, after Flint gets to his cousins house he calls Lady Jaye, he is clearly seen sitting in his convertible car then all of a sudden he is insideon the phone !

Propadeutic
01-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Of course, considering how often Conrad kept calling himself "Duke HAUSER" in the cartoon, giving his first name isn't really much of a secret.

Well, he only did that once (Jungle Trap), and to a pre-established contact. Other than that, his name appears to have been a secret outside the Joe Team and the top brass; only the unreliable General Stack ever addresses him as such.

I do find it interesting, however, that Dusty and Airborne were allowed to take code names that had been their nicknames before they were on the team. Slightly OT, but it seems that some Joes keep their involvement with the Joes secret even from their families (e.g., Quick Kick, Thunder), and Alpine didn't know Lady Jaye's real name until she told him.

Back on topic, a related nit may be a local on-the-spot reporter's ability to identify Gung-Ho, Wild Bill, and Airborne as they buzz past in the Dragonflies.

Good call on Flint's Vacation. Looks like someone wanted to recycle some footage and thought no one watches these things closely enough to notice.

captainswift
01-17-2005, 05:52 PM
It always bugged me, when Quick Kick brings his civilian girlfriend to the base, random female Greenshirt blatantly just tells her the secret pass codes. Idiot.

And there's that Mara episode, where Lady Jaye tells Shipwreck he can't go on the mission because he's not diver qualified. Now, I realize his specialization is shipboard, and not all Navy personnel are divers. But the fact that Alpine! --the mountain climber-- led the dive mission...