What did you name your Steel Brigade?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile What did you name your Steel Brigade?

This is a nostalgia-based question, for those of you who had the chance in your youth to send away for a Steel Brigade trooper and invent your own name and identity. What names are out there?

Mine was code-named Lightning. I kept his info as realistic as possible, specializing in jungle warfare, except he had some ninja training because I wanted him to be a bad-***.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unmerciful Justice...I was a strange kid, this is now the name of one of my youtube channels.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Unmerciful Justice...
    Classic!!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Skidmark.

Imagine my surprise when Hasbro actually used that name a couple years later......
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

I had "Captain Butt."

Oddly enough, I'd probably still think of that one today if I had to send away for a name-your-own-figure.
    Robowang
    TRADE LIST - CLICK HERE!
    BTW--When I came across your post on a TF G1 website about three or four years ago, I thought that your board name was the greatest thing I've ever read. Now. Three years later. I feel the same.
    Long live Robowang. -- Mark Bellomo

Bulletstopper. It was inspired by the introduction of Footloose in the comic.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

I never had one as a kid, but my brother did. He named his Snake Eyes. I know, real original. Through the years, I've been lucky enough to snag a few SB file cards and here are the designated names I've acquired. Some are pretty funny.

Steel Brigade Names: Steel Face, Yo Jo, Snow White, and Champion (on french/english File).
    The Snow White name cracks me up.

and just for fun, my Gold Headed Steel Brigade and "Name Your Own Cobra" names:
    GHSB - Pressure
    NYOC - Constrictor

So glad I asked; this thread is making my day! My boy Lightning is a gold-head, but it was years before I knew he was special. At the time I was just kinda irked that he didn't match the picture on the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by '86 Digital Fire View Post
    So glad I asked; this thread is making my day! My boy Lightning is a gold-head, but it was years before I knew he was special. At the time I was just kinda irked that he didn't match the picture on the catalog.
    I was irked mine didnt come with the weapons I chose, just a plain ole Airborne gun. I can just see the people hired to type these up for Hasbro on their coffee break, discussing the names that they saw. Whether it was cool or lame, if the specialties clashed, what state it was from, etc.

Cool thread! My original Steel Brigade was codenamed Striker. I've picked up a couple more named Silver Bullet, Eagle, Dead End, and Tank.