"made in Hong Kong" or "made in China"

yojoe.com

"made in Hong Kong" or "made in China"

Ok i bought the 1985 Crimson Guard Commanders Tomax and Xamot, and on the back of the figures, the maufacture stamp reads "made in China" Hasbro 1985. I just wanted to know if these were legit because I thought all vintage stuff had the "made in Hong Kong" stamp on the back.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The ones I have are stamped both. One has China and the other Hong Kong. Never noticed this. Bought the set brand new back in '85.
    The Joe Collectin' "Geek"

I really need to READ the whole thing first, I mast have skipped over the "Commander's Tomax abd Xamot" part. I could've sword it ended at "Crimson Guard." Lol.

So now that I know which figures we are speaking of, is one Cobra Emblem larger then the other?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The 'Made in China' were mailaways. There were four different sets of the Crimson Guard Twins. Two sets were available in stores and the two other sets were mailaways (there was also a 'Made in Hong Kong' set). Click on the yola site in my link to see the differences in all four.
    1983-1985 Figure Variations/Color Differences: http://kegdaddy.yolasite.com
    Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...165#post471165

Thanks Keg, In your opinion would you say that the China version is lesser in quality than the Hong Kong set, in terms of plastic and paint used.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc008 View Post
    I really need to READ the whole thing first, I mast have skipped over the "Commander's Tomax abd Xamot" part. I could've sword it ended at "Crimson Guard." Lol.

So now that I know which figures we are speaking of, is one Cobra Emblem larger then the other?
    tmc008 the emblems are the same size(they are rather large though) lol

i agree, china is usually the mail away. that applies to many others as well, motor and strato viper, serpentor, keel haul, avac, etc..